Page 46 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Default MMS settings for iPhone
    I am with Dobson cellular one and need the MMS settings i can put into the iphone to get them working?

I had 3.0. Four hours later, I had restored my phone and got pretty much everything back except my contacts. I've read that the 2G doesn't have a baseband that will support MMS (per Apple); however, I've been using Swirly. It's not like what the people with a 3G/3GS gets but at least it's something.

I updated my phone to the most recent carrier package that you provided (flexpay blackberry), and now I can not longer get data. I also cannot get into the menu to edit the APN anymore as well.

iPhone: 2G
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Flexpay Blackberry BES
    Voice Plan: MyFaves 300
    Data Plan: Blackberry BES + 400 Text
    SMS: 400 Text
    Time on T-Mobile: 6 Months
    Last Plan Change: N/A
    Problem: Data is not configured properly, cannot edit APN settings manually, cannot setup tethering, service is slow to reconnect once it loses a connection. Currently using your latest Blackberry IPCC from the bundle. Also, I used to have the "Scrunched T-Mobile IPCC", and whenever I would lose a connection, I would just simply lose it. With your package, if I lose a signal (while on automatic mode), I get a message saying I lost my signal. This is very frustrating as I go in and out of service all the time. Thanks.
    Last edited by corkey20000; 2009-09-29 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by kbatl View Post
    I had 3.0. Four hours later, I had restored my phone and got pretty much everything back except my contacts. I've read that the 2G doesn't have a baseband that will support MMS (per Apple); however, I've been using Swirly. It's not like what the people with a 3G/3GS gets but at least it's something.
    the 2g can have mms JUST like the 3g... do a little searching
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

anybody got this working on a 2g iphone with OS3.1? plz help me

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does anyone know if the new version of Pwnage Tool will bring back carrier logo and re-enable tethering with Spooky's custom .ipcc files?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Love my old 2G. Why? I don't need to worry about all this crapola about baseband, unlocking, and carrier files.

To answer ur question: I'm still running 3.0.1 on the 2G because the carrier logo is an issue. I think it's supposted to work (on the 2G) but I had issues. So rather than trying to figure out all that hash mumbo jumbo and why I could not make it work like it should --- I went back to 3.0.1.

We'll get answers and solutions on of these days, but 3.1 introduces the 'signed' carrier bundle concept. Another way for Apple to blow us jb'ers away.

Thanks

That doesn't answer my question. The truth is the carrier logo isn't a problem at all on a 2g iPhone. I'm asking specifically about a 3g on 3.1. To say you use another firmware is absolutely irrelevant to this issue. If I wanted to downgrade I'd do it, but I like to stay current, I like arranging my apps through iTunes, and I like the genius feature in the app store. Does the new pwnage tool fix the carrier and tethering issue, or has spooky's .ipcc file been updated to fix it??

The new pwnage tool does not fix the carrier and tethering issue, because OS 3.1 now requires signed .ipcc files. New patches are necessary (assuming that they're possible).

I got the MMS working but when someone sends me a MMS i either dont get it or it comes waaaaaaay later. Any help please thank you

Thanks
    I have tried everything to get MMS working on my 3G and nothing has worked. I have changed the carrier list, have tried Spookyet's cydia packages, updated the ipcc on the phone and still nothing. All it does when I try to send MMS is act like its going to send and then boom... it stops at like 90%. HELP!! lol... Also I have 3.1 firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

whatever happened to trying to enable visual voicemail?

Quote Originally Posted by gcastro723 View Post
    whatever happened to trying to enable visual voicemail?
    Abandoned.

Default T-Mobile Carrier Bundle
    Hello everyone. I have an Iphone 3G with 2.2.1 firmware and
    2.30 baseband and T-Mobile service with Tzones 5.99 and my internet is not working. Only phone service working and SMS.

My questions are:

Is there a carrier bundle that will work with my 2.2.1 firmware
    and 2.30 baseband Iphone to get internet services, messaging services etc.??? or do i have to upgrade???

Thank you for solutions and your time!

Thanks

Any word on getting MMS back or working on a 2g iPhone with OS 3.1 via Pwnage? Wish I never went to 3.1 Tried downloading Spookys T-Mobile package from Cydia and no luck. Also, cant find ActivateMMS2 in Cydia anymore. Please help!

If I were to manually input the settings on the first page, would they enable MMS and tethering or only MMS?

Any fix for mms apn dissapearing.
    Using 2g with 9.99 web2 go and flexpay.
    Also using legacy package from cydia

Tethering has been fixed. I can confirm that the 2-byte patch works. It will be in the next version of PwnageTool. Advanced users already know from where to get the patch and how to apply it. 99% of you should wait until PwnageTool is updated because if you try it, youíll most likely have to do a restore.

A real patch, not MMS2 for 2G for 3.1.2 has also been discovered. Again, itís the same situation as above. It will be in the next version of PwnageTool.

The missing carrier logo is not a signed carrier bundle issue, nor is it related to ultrasn0w. Apple have changed how the OS communicates with the baseband in 3.1.0. They see it as cosmetic and it is not a priority. Updating to the latest baseband will fix it 100%, but youíll lose the unlock. Most likely, it will not be fixed until there is a new ultrasn0w unlock for a new baseband.

I do not see it as a simple cosmetic bug. Itís an expensive bug because you do not know when you are roaming, and you may incur lots of roaming charges.

There is a simple carrier bundle hack I can do to make the logo show up. Iím playing with it right now.

Thanks

Thanks Spook! Thus far I've installed the tethering patch for 3.1.2 from Cydia on my 3.1 firmware and it works like a charm. I'm enthusiastically waiting for the carrier issue to be fixed for the reason you mentioned above. Do you happen to know if its possible for firmware to be hacked in such a way that it can be uploaded non destructively. Having to redownload apps from Cydia after updating is a long and tedious process. The apt backup programs have never worked for me. I like to stay current, but don't like spending three hours setting the phone back up.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNatrix View Post
    Thanks Spook! Thus far I've installed the tethering patch for 3.1.2 from Cydia on my 3.1 firmware and it works like a charm. I'm enthusiastically waiting for the carrier issue to be fixed for the reason you mentioned above. Do you happen to know if its possible for firmware to be hacked in such a way that it can be uploaded non destructively. Having to redownload apps from Cydia after updating is a long and tedious process. The apt backup programs have never worked for me. I like to stay current, but don't like spending three hours setting the phone back up.
    I doubt it will be fixed since they see it as a “cosmetic bug”. There is a workaround with which I’m playing, which is most likely not reliable in detecting roaming, but it will display the “T-Mobile” logo. The only way I see it fixed is if they find an exploit in a new baseband for ultrasn0w.

If you need to patch just a file, like the tethering patch, you don’t need to restore. SSH-in and replace the file. More complicated stuff requires restore. I don’t use Cydia; so, it’s not an issue for me. I like a clean phone. I use my own creamsn0w for that.

Update. My fears were right. I can make the phone display the T-Mobile and AT&T logos, but it will not change it when you are roaming. The phone has to be restarted to show the roaming logo. I suspect the reason for this is that SpringBoard looks for a change in tower broadcast text to change the logo. Even though, the tower changes, the broadcast text is blank. The event doesn’t get triggered.

The options are as follows, you can use Make It Mine and have it say T-Mobile. It sets a setting in SpringBoard called SBFakeCarrier. It’s text-based, not a graphic, and since the word is long, it will scroll. Or, I can release a new version of the T-Mobile US Carrier Bundles which will show the T-Mobile graphic (no scrolling) as well as fixing an AT&T SIM issue for those that use both. Which one do you all want?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-10-21 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 46 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast