Page 45 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Stay on topic or infractions will be handed out.

@SpookyET

Yea they have been signing the apns since 3.1 beta 2
    What's weird is that if you go on General > About, it says "Network Not Available". If you scroll down, it says "Carrier T-Mobile 5.0". I don't remember seeing the carrier entry in previous firmwares. I wonder how network name display in 3.1 behaves on officially unlocked phones. It's supposed to show scrolling network text sent by the tower on non-recognised carriers.

I have already heard one report that the Factory Unlocked phones are showing the same Network Not Available
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Well that is strange

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I have already heard one report that the Factory Unlocked phones are showing the same Network Not Available
    If you are right, it seems that Apple rushed 3.1, or they expect that users will not use the phone on non-approved carriers factory unlocked or not. There are all sorts of issues reported with 3.1. AT&T

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    If you are right, it seems that Apple rushed 3.1, or they expect that users will not use the phone on non-approved carriers factory unlocked or not. There are all sorts of issues reported with 3.1. AT&T

ive jailbroken and unlocked 5 phones 2 3G and 3 2G none of them have had any problems yet

So from what i read so far you can update to 3.1 and the only things that wont work are the carrier logo and tethering? MMS still works?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That's correct. However be aware that the app arrangement in iTunes 9 does not properly recognize apps put in categories. It reads them as individual apps, ignoring the folder. Other than that it's all good as far as I can tell. I've had it for two days now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Thanks

SPooky is there anyway to get back 1.0.7 please for the (T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy) i updated 1.0.8 and now everything is screwed up.. yes i rebooted.. several times... and have reset the network settings several times.. i even fully restored my phone.. (btw im on 3.0 still, i have the file on cydia)

problems im experiencing the "E" symbol for edge goes and comes.. (this is has never happened to me before) and the internet just simply doesn't work... i even tired installing the bundle with (epc.tmobile.com) "E" symbol still acting funny !

now im pretty sure installing the bundle is causing this.. cause right after a fresh restore.. the "E" just stays put no come and go.. especially after a reboot with the bundles installed the "E" just simply does not show up.. maybe after 20 mins it comes on.. so i dunno .. talk to me here !

EDIT: BTW i know i shouldn't have upgraded if everything was running perfectly fine.. but that update on cydia was killing me.. !! aggg i wish i didn't everything was so smooth with 1.0.7 !

Quote Originally Posted by imagineThiss View Post
    SPooky is there anyway to get back 1.0.7 please for the (T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy) i updated 1.0.8 and now everything is screwed up.. yes i rebooted.. several times... and have reset the network settings several times.. i even fully restored my phone.. (btw im on 3.0 still, i have the file on cydia)

problems im experiencing the "E" symbol for edge goes and comes.. (this is has never happened to me before) and the internet just simply doesn't work... i even tired installing the bundle with (epc.tmobile.com) "E" symbol still acting funny !

now im pretty sure installing the bundle is causing this.. cause right after a fresh restore.. the "E" just stays put no come and go.. especially after a reboot with the bundles installed the "E" just simply does not show up.. maybe after 20 mins it comes on.. so i dunno .. talk to me here !

EDIT: BTW i know i shouldn't have upgraded if everything was running perfectly fine.. but that update on cydia was killing me.. !! aggg i wish i didn't everything was so smooth with 1.0.7 !
    I don't think it's the bundle. All I did was enable the Cellular Data Network menu.
    Green means added. Red means removed. White means the same from previous version.

spookyet.t-mobile-us_1.0.7-1.ipcc.zip
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-09-20 at 02:11 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Thanks

i guess its on t-mobiles side.. its bugging the hell out of me.. its goes and comes.. some sites i can access some i cant.. its weird... btw thanks for the reply

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Lol that huge DONATE button is unbelievably classy haaha.

But yeah, I have still to find a bundle that works. I have to keep using the help.benm.at and reinstalling it every time I want tethering...

Quote Originally Posted by poopz View Post
    Lol that huge DONATE button is unbelievably classy haaha.

But yeah, I have still to find a bundle that works. I have to keep using the help.benm.at and reinstalling it every time I want tethering...
    It's possible that mobileconfig files can bypass the tethering restriction since they can be created by anyone and signed by anyone. But, there is only so much you can set via mobileconfig. They are not a replacement for carrier bundles.

Default Need help on sending video messages.
    iPhone: 3GS
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Tzones, then Postpaid
    Voice Plan: Individual 300
    Data Plan: T-MobileWeb $5.99
    SMS: Any 400 Domestic Messages
    Time on T-Mobile: 6 months
    Last Plan Change: Never
    Problem: I have no problems sending pic msgs. My problem is with video messaging. Whnever I try to send to other tmobile phones such as sidekick or shows up as "the video has been deleted". Ive tried sending vids to myself and I can receive them but I get a long XML code before the video. I've rebooted n resetted n everything else. Please help

it looks like ActivateMMS 2G does not work with 3.1.. after i installed it and did a reboot, my phone just stays stuck on the apple logo loading screen... i had to do a complete restore all over again... FML!

Default Help!
    HaveJB 2G on 3.0 (pwnage)on T-mobile and downloaded the MMS app off of Cydia and now the phone only will display the apple logo and doesn't do anything further.

Help is appreciated!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm also having the same problem.

It appears that Activatemms2g doesn't work with 3.1 update.
    Does anyone know how to enable MMS on 2G with 3.1 udpate?
    We still gotta show love for the 2G iPhone users =]

It will be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    I'm also having the same problem.

It appears that Activatemms2g doesn't work with 3.1 update.
    Does anyone know how to enable MMS on 2G with 3.1 udpate?
    We still gotta show love for the 2G iPhone users =]

It will be greatly appreciated.
    I have been using swirlymms in the mean time. it works good but you have to pay for it. but I would much rather use the native mms. hopefully they update the activate2gmms app to work with 3.1 soon! I would have never updated if I knew I wad gonna lose mms! altho 3.1 seems to be running pretty smooth so far.

i can also tell you that activate Activatemms2g on the 3.1 does not work.
    i tried it twice both times locking up my iphone and having to do a restore

Quote Originally Posted by msriotdoll View Post
    i can also tell you that activate Activatemms2g on the 3.1 does not work.
    i tried it twice both times locking up my iphone and having to do a restore
    2nd this

Will upgrading the IPCC file fix the network from hesitating to reconnect to a network?
    Last edited by corkey20000; 2009-09-28 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm on a 3GS and have a T-Zones plan and I've installed the Cydia T-Zones bundle. I think the resolution has really improved for me from just entering the settings in the cellular settings pane before.

Small thing though, when viewing sites vertically on the phone T-Mobile is written correctly on the top left, when I go to landscape mode on the phone it just says "T-...", any way to fix that?

Update: scratch that, I had uninstalled the bundle by mistake.
    Last edited by Habusho; 2009-09-29 at 02:29 AM.

Page 45 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast