Page 45 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

  1. #881
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Stay on topic or infractions will be handed out.


    @SpookyET

    Yea they have been signing the apns since 3.1 beta 2
    What's weird is that if you go on General > About, it says "Network Not Available". If you scroll down, it says "Carrier T-Mobile 5.0". I don't remember seeing the carrier entry in previous firmwares. I wonder how network name display in 3.1 behaves on officially unlocked phones. It's supposed to show scrolling network text sent by the tower on non-recognised carriers.

  2. #882
    I have already heard one report that the Factory Unlocked phones are showing the same Network Not Available
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  3. #883
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,474
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Well that is strange

  4. #884
    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I have already heard one report that the Factory Unlocked phones are showing the same Network Not Available
    If you are right, it seems that Apple rushed 3.1, or they expect that users will not use the phone on non-approved carriers factory unlocked or not. There are all sorts of issues reported with 3.1. AT&T

  5. #885
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    732
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    If you are right, it seems that Apple rushed 3.1, or they expect that users will not use the phone on non-approved carriers factory unlocked or not. There are all sorts of issues reported with 3.1. AT&T

    ive jailbroken and unlocked 5 phones 2 3G and 3 2G none of them have had any problems yet

  6. #886
    So from what i read so far you can update to 3.1 and the only things that wont work are the carrier logo and tethering? MMS still works?

  7. #887
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

    That's correct. However be aware that the app arrangement in iTunes 9 does not properly recognize apps put in categories. It reads them as individual apps, ignoring the folder. Other than that it's all good as far as I can tell. I've had it for two days now.

  8. #888
    iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    SPooky is there anyway to get back 1.0.7 please for the (T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy) i updated 1.0.8 and now everything is screwed up.. yes i rebooted.. several times... and have reset the network settings several times.. i even fully restored my phone.. (btw im on 3.0 still, i have the file on cydia)

    problems im experiencing the "E" symbol for edge goes and comes.. (this is has never happened to me before) and the internet just simply doesn't work... i even tired installing the bundle with (epc.tmobile.com) "E" symbol still acting funny !

    now im pretty sure installing the bundle is causing this.. cause right after a fresh restore.. the "E" just stays put no come and go.. especially after a reboot with the bundles installed the "E" just simply does not show up.. maybe after 20 mins it comes on.. so i dunno .. talk to me here !

    EDIT: BTW i know i shouldn't have upgraded if everything was running perfectly fine.. but that update on cydia was killing me.. !! aggg i wish i didn't everything was so smooth with 1.0.7 !

  9. #889
    Quote Originally Posted by imagineThiss View Post
    SPooky is there anyway to get back 1.0.7 please for the (T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy) i updated 1.0.8 and now everything is screwed up.. yes i rebooted.. several times... and have reset the network settings several times.. i even fully restored my phone.. (btw im on 3.0 still, i have the file on cydia)

    problems im experiencing the "E" symbol for edge goes and comes.. (this is has never happened to me before) and the internet just simply doesn't work... i even tired installing the bundle with (epc.tmobile.com) "E" symbol still acting funny !

    now im pretty sure installing the bundle is causing this.. cause right after a fresh restore.. the "E" just stays put no come and go.. especially after a reboot with the bundles installed the "E" just simply does not show up.. maybe after 20 mins it comes on.. so i dunno .. talk to me here !

    EDIT: BTW i know i shouldn't have upgraded if everything was running perfectly fine.. but that update on cydia was killing me.. !! aggg i wish i didn't everything was so smooth with 1.0.7 !
    I don't think it's the bundle. All I did was enable the Cellular Data Network menu.
    Green means added. Red means removed. White means the same from previous version.



    spookyet.t-mobile-us_1.0.7-1.ipcc.zip
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-09-20 at 02:11 AM.

  10. #890
    iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    i guess its on t-mobiles side.. its bugging the hell out of me.. its goes and comes.. some sites i can access some i cant.. its weird... btw thanks for the reply

  11. #891
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Lol that huge DONATE button is unbelievably classy haaha.

    But yeah, I have still to find a bundle that works. I have to keep using the help.benm.at and reinstalling it every time I want tethering...

  12. #892
    Quote Originally Posted by poopz View Post
    Lol that huge DONATE button is unbelievably classy haaha.

    But yeah, I have still to find a bundle that works. I have to keep using the help.benm.at and reinstalling it every time I want tethering...
    It's possible that mobileconfig files can bypass the tethering restriction since they can be created by anyone and signed by anyone. But, there is only so much you can set via mobileconfig. They are not a replacement for carrier bundles.

  13. #893
    Default Need help on sending video messages.
    iPhone: 3GS
    Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Tzones, then Postpaid
    Voice Plan: Individual 300
    Data Plan: T-MobileWeb $5.99
    SMS: Any 400 Domestic Messages
    Time on T-Mobile: 6 months
    Last Plan Change: Never
    Problem: I have no problems sending pic msgs. My problem is with video messaging. Whnever I try to send to other tmobile phones such as sidekick or shows up as "the video has been deleted". Ive tried sending vids to myself and I can receive them but I get a long XML code before the video. I've rebooted n resetted n everything else. Please help

  14. #894
    it looks like ActivateMMS 2G does not work with 3.1.. after i installed it and did a reboot, my phone just stays stuck on the apple logo loading screen... i had to do a complete restore all over again... FML!

  15. #895
    Default Help!
    HaveJB 2G on 3.0 (pwnage)on T-mobile and downloaded the MMS app off of Cydia and now the phone only will display the apple logo and doesn't do anything further.

    Help is appreciated!

  16. #896
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    201
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 39 Times in 22 Posts

    I'm also having the same problem.

    It appears that Activatemms2g doesn't work with 3.1 update.
    Does anyone know how to enable MMS on 2G with 3.1 udpate?
    We still gotta show love for the 2G iPhone users =]

    It will be greatly appreciated.

  17. #897
    Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    I'm also having the same problem.

    It appears that Activatemms2g doesn't work with 3.1 update.
    Does anyone know how to enable MMS on 2G with 3.1 udpate?
    We still gotta show love for the 2G iPhone users =]

    It will be greatly appreciated.
    I have been using swirlymms in the mean time. it works good but you have to pay for it. but I would much rather use the native mms. hopefully they update the activate2gmms app to work with 3.1 soon! I would have never updated if I knew I wad gonna lose mms! altho 3.1 seems to be running pretty smooth so far.

  18. #898
    i can also tell you that activate Activatemms2g on the 3.1 does not work.
    i tried it twice both times locking up my iphone and having to do a restore

  19. #899
    Quote Originally Posted by msriotdoll View Post
    i can also tell you that activate Activatemms2g on the 3.1 does not work.
    i tried it twice both times locking up my iphone and having to do a restore
    2nd this

    Will upgrading the IPCC file fix the network from hesitating to reconnect to a network?
    Last edited by corkey20000; 2009-09-28 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #900
    I'm on a 3GS and have a T-Zones plan and I've installed the Cydia T-Zones bundle. I think the resolution has really improved for me from just entering the settings in the cellular settings pane before.

    Small thing though, when viewing sites vertically on the phone T-Mobile is written correctly on the top left, when I go to landscape mode on the phone it just says "T-...", any way to fix that?

    Update: scratch that, I had uninstalled the bundle by mistake.
    Last edited by Habusho; 2009-09-29 at 02:29 AM.

Page 45 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •