Page 40 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

mytouch is rooted

[ame=http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3509#post3509]Root your myTouch - HTCPedia.com forums[/ame]

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default You mean, few places offer prepaid data-only plans that the iPhone can use
    OT, but:
    There's a few options, such as T-Mobile affiliate i-wireless's MegaTalk nationwide plan for about $50/30days. It's been mentioned on TUAW in the past week, and they allow for unlimited roaming with T-Mobile and T-Mobile's roaming partners.

Technically iPhones can run prepaid w/ data on AT&T (most plans however, aren't 'supported/allowed by AT&T').

Plus other regional providers might have prepaid options as well (DObson used to pre-merger, for example).
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

anyone have an update yet whether a programmers been found/hired? vvm is looking real nice- I'm willing to pitch in

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    OT, but:
    There's a few options, such as T-Mobile affiliate i-wireless's MegaTalk nationwide plan for about $50/30days. It's been mentioned on TUAW in the past week, and they allow for unlimited roaming with T-Mobile and T-Mobile's roaming partners.

Technically iPhones can run prepaid w/ data on AT&T (most plans however, aren't 'supported/allowed by AT&T').

Plus other regional providers might have prepaid options as well (DObson used to pre-merger, for example).
    That program is ending at the end of september and you need to accept a number in one of the 13 states they provide service in.

Lovely

Not

I have had an unfortunate event. Two days ago my white MacBook has started to misbehave. I have turned it on, and it powered itself off after a minute. It probably did that about 4-5 times. Eventually, it booted and stayed on for the rest of the day. This has happened with a fully charged battery and plugged-in. Since it has worked for the rest of the day, I did not think more of it. Weird boots have happened before rarely.

Yesterday, it booted fine, but the keyboard was misbehaving. The option key was stuck in the ON postion without being physically pressed. Some letters worked, others created the option+letter key combination.

So, I have taken it to the Apple Store. I have a got a call an hour later saying that he removed the top case and found a small stain in the bottom-right side of the keyboard, which according to him is evidence of liquid damage. The warranty has been voided. The warranty was actually going to expire today on the 14th.

I find this highly suspicious. I have taken great care of it. Besides a scratch or paint transfer on the bottom case next to the exhaust, which I have no idea how it happened, and yellowing of the touchpad, it looks like new. I have read that the MacBooks turn yellow, mine has in less than a month of use. Maybe, due to heat, it has turned yellow or brown inside.

It's pssible they saw that my warranty was going to expire today and thought to screw me. If it's going to expire in one day, why help him?

They want $230. $130 for the top case. $100 for work. I told him to disassemble it further due to the weird boots. I have not yet received a call back if he has found more damage.

I've seen laptopa taking a bath. You could float Noah's ark on them. They have major flooding stains from coke, smoothies, and other beverages. I don't drink that suff, nor have I on the day in question, nor did anyone else use it.

It's my only machine. My only of
    communication wihthe planet is my iPhhone. Suggestions?

Thank you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know anything about the apple store but if its like a car Stealership- they will do whatever it takes to get a buck. Good luck and hope this will all work for you.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I would appeal (firm but cordial) his water-damage decision to his superior, and then to his boss, and all the way up the chain to Jobs himself -- especially if you're sure water damage did not occur. Take detailed pictures of the suspected areas witnessed by the tech and anyone else you can find. Let them know you're serious. Good luck.

buy a dell 1525 off of ebay, upgrade the ram to 4gb, then go to macyourpc.com and create a hackintosh, it's what I've been using for over 3 months. Best investment ever, you can also upgrade the processor easily to 2.6ghz with a T9500 processor via ebay for under 200 bucks, and get a bigger HDD thru newegg.com or tigerdirect.com for cheap too.

Seriously, I can dual boot xp and osx, it's a great thing. and it cost under $700 bucks because I splurged on a processor.
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to phreakwenci For This Useful Post:

kennyl (2009-08-18)

Thanks

That or just pay them to fix it but only after fighting the decision to no end if you know you didn't get liquid on but I would really just try hard to remain calm that seems to work best it's hard to do buy I just play the look I really need some help here angle GOOD LUCK MAN

I have noninterest in paying them $230 to fix it when I can buy off eBay the top case for $30 and 9 screws later, I can fix it myself.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Thanks

^^1st Suggestion you're posting in the wrong thread lol jk

2. Wait for their call 1 more day to see what happend with the weird booting, if they don't call call them, put some pressure, let them know they are no controling the situation, I did that when I took mine because of a battery failure (which btw caused some weird boots on mine, tell them to check yours) they were going to make me pay $100 for the battery because it was compsumed, it was regular use and that's normal so warranty nor apple care is going to pay for it. I asked they guy what was the normal battery life with daily use, he said 1/2 years, but mine was changed 6/5 months ago, he checked, he found the case, he said it was something wrong and he scratch the $100 and said "don't worry about it, we will take care about that too" 4 days later another guy called me telling me that they did an extended test to the battery and nothing was wrong, it was just my fault because i didn't know how to correctly use the battery and I killed it. I complained about it saying it was just 6 months they change it for the same reason and I was barely using the laptop just the weekend for the past 4 months, he said he checked and there was no record that thay changed my battery 6 months ago. I had to pay $100 And he hang up letting me without words. I went back home, look for the receipt from 6 months ago and luckly i had it, I call back the other day and said I had probe that my battery was changed by them, and I had the online status too (which dissapeared suddenly while I was talking with the guy).
    Anyway after 4 representants, 2 managers, steve (not jobs) and 3 days they accepted to cover my battery once more.
    So my advice is don't give up.
    Once they find out why it was rebooting start the cat and mouse play.

Lately if they persist they won't cover it, just take it back, don't pay them, go to ebay search for keyboard tocuhpad replacement for macbook white or go crazy and buy the black one last time I checked (about 3 months ago) it was around $75 apple original (be sure you choose the right version v2 is the one that has the dashboard icon on one of the function keys)
    replace it it's really easy just some scrwes lift the panel, watch for the flex cable replace and your done. I've done it about 20 times (I repair computer for living)
    you'll save about $150

^^ you knew about the top case already lol I felt stupid posting for half an hour all that discurs hahaha
    Last edited by GHOSTYAIRO; 2009-08-14 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default I think you need to activate VVM on a g1 or my touch first!
    Has anyone tryed to put a sim in a mytoch or g1 and go to the app it says activating visual voicemail on your account! then lets try the settings and see if it works!

Thanks

I'd be curious to know I only know one person with a g1 he's about 2 hours away but if this works I'd make the trip wht the hel we cna get in a round of golf
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

my problem is my APN disappeared after installing the bundle.

I did install the sinful's mms activator prior to installing the bundle.

But my MMS is working fine. picked the Tzone bundle
    Last edited by mod_monkey; 2009-08-19 at 07:55 AM.

Thanks

that's normal monkey
    I think it's this thread or one of the mms threads where SpookyET mentions he blocked all of that from appearing so noobs don't f**k with it
    but there is a mention of where in the coding to make the change in order to have them appear however it is all set up for wht we're all using
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

It won't let me send mass txts anymore! Its only mms mass txt now WTF

i forgot to rest the connections at first and was getting tiny pics but now that i did everything is working on my 6 hr old iphone on tmobile, thanks everyone!

So, I thought that I should give an update. After the initial quote for $230 ($130 for the top case and $100 for work) to fix it due to liquid damage, I decided to wait a few days before going back to the Apple Store to research the issue. After a few days, I went to the store. The tech who quoted me the price was not there. When I asked when he will be there, I was told that they can't give out his schedule. One of the Genius Bar employees gave me a new price: $750. A new white MacBook is $900 with the education discount.

When I heard that price, I told him to keep it. I decided to call Apple customer support. I spoke to a few people until I have eventually been redirected to someone called Jen. I explained to her that the Apple Store won't give me a straight answer nor have they proven to me that liquid damage has occurred. She wrote some notes down and said that she will email me a case number. She also said that I should take it back, try to have another tech look at it by speaking to a manager, try to take it to another store, or ship it to a depot. That email never came. She lied to me.

I decided against talking to a manager. There was another person there with an iPod. They told him that they haven't found anything wrong with it, but if he wants to buy a new one and trade the old one, he'll get a 10% discount. He was very disappointed and expected that answer.

Clearly, I think that due to the shite economy, they are pressured to sell to keep the store afloat and deny warranty claims. I decided against speaking to the manager. He would be the one pressuring them.

I took the laptop back. It was dirty and had a few new scratches. I bought a top case from eBay. It's a factory second grade B, AKA scratched to ****, and some of the metal inside was bended, but I straighten it as much as I could. My old one hand an yellow touchpad, but no scratches. I found a YouTube video on how to disassemble and remove the top case. It's 19 screws and it takes about 5-10 minutes. For that work they were going to charge $100. Since they do this all the time, it probably takes them 10 minutes to disassembly, replace, reassemble. They charge more than a lawyer. What a ripoff!

Once I removed the top case, I was in for a shock. There was NO stain. Also, none of the Liquid Submersion Indicators (LSI) were triggered. Those LSIs are sensitive. They turn pink to red from humidity. Actual liquid does not have to touch them. They were all white. One might think that he was nice enough to clean up liquid residue if that was the case. I very much doubt that. The laptop had dust and hairs in it. If the tech had taken the time to clean up a stain, he would have spent 10 seconds with an air can to blow the dust and hairs away. This leads me to believe that he may not have disassembled the MacBook in the first place. He may have assumed that there was liquid damage on the right side since parts of the keyboard stopped working.

After installing the new top case, everything works. There are no issues whatsoever. I'm going to write an email to Steve Jobs because I've been cheated.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-08-23 at 09:53 AM.

Page 40 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast