Page 39 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

one quick question...why does my mms only work when wifi is off...
    its really odd but whenever i turn wifi off i receive images that people sent to me like a day before. it works fine if i leave wifi off but i use wifi a lot at home and i'm always updating things through ssh...
    Last edited by michaelxmora; 2009-08-05 at 01:31 AM.

Found this thread yesterday, did the bundle install using Cydia.

Phone is 3G, with 3.0.1 firmware jailbroken with redsn0w, and unlocked with ultrsn0w.

My T-Mobile plan is 300 Min + 500 Messages + 9.99 Unlimited Web2go

The bundle used is:

T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    MMS: wap.voicestream.com
    GroupModeEnabled: FALSE
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MaxMessageSize: 1048576
    MaxVideoBitrate: 131072
    MaxRecipients: 10
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    UAProf: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    UserAgent: SonyEricssonW800i/R1L
    Version: 1.2

The result:
    Working:
    - internet via Edge
    - SMS
    - Auto time update

Not Working
    - MMS
    - No Internet tethering

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the same web 2 go and the same bundle 1.0.7 and all is good

Quote Originally Posted by Noclothes1 View Post
    I made the mistake of upgrading to 3.0 from a totally working 2.2. I was enticed by the new goodies. Now my internet and email are not working. To add to the confusion, my internet wasn't working the day before I upgraded. I'm not sure if it was a T-mobile network error or they put the kibosh on my Tzones.

Anyway, right now I'm not able to get any sort of internet connectivity. I have SBsettings installed and it shows a data IP, but I get the "Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet" error.

Before my upgrade I was using epc.tmobile.com APN. I had changed it several times before I installed the carrier bundle. (I think the bundle turned off my ability to change APN).

So here I am with no internet on my phone, kicking myself for upgrading.

Any suggestions? I've uninstalled the carrier bundle and reset network settings several times.

Thanks.
    Which bundle did you install? I used the first one on the wifes phone and it is still working great. Uninstall the bundle you now have and it will give you back the APN settings. Try the WAP address instead of the EPC.

Weird thing...yesterday the wife sent a MMS but it sent me a txt msg saying to go to my.tmobile to see it. This is the way AT&T does it, you dont see the pic you just get a msg saying to go online to see it.

Just sent myself a pic and it works fine now.
    Last edited by robertguero; 2009-08-05 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    This post is meant at advanced users who know how to build a bundle. Newbies are advised to ignore it to save themselves and the community some pain and grief.

I am disappointed by the situation with Visual Voicemail (VVM). I have all the right settings. It just doesn't work. It may be a user agent issue. It may not be. I suspect the Voicemail 1.0.5 app is doing something nefarious upon activation, or every time it is launched, that the iPhone VVM app is not doing.

T-Mobile have told me to piss off. I cannot expect help from them. Since so very few have donated, I cannot rent a cheap, Indian coder to have a look at the disassembled Voicemail 1.0.5 app. Thus far, I have had no volunteers.

I will not link you to the disassembled nor original Voicemail 1.0.5 myTouch app. The last thing I need is T-Mobile's lawyers heckling me. I will, however, link you to my GitHub VVM branch. You are free to play with it. It does not work, and you may get weird, cryptic, status SMS. You will not be charged. They are network SMS messages that are not meant for the user, but the phone. I'm not sure why the phone doesn't interpret them.

I've been Googling. Thus far no one has published these settings, but me. Either there is no interest, or people have not figured out how to get the app off the currently unrootable myTouch 3G. It would be awesome if we were still the first ones in the race to get it to work--if there is a race--for bragging rights if nothing else.
    so how much is the coder asking for because i would REALLY REALLY LOVE this feature to enabled for tmobile. Hit me up @SpookyET

It seems to be working now. Thanks for the help. I had tried several bundles and none worked. I uninstalled and reset the settings, then I installed the T-Zones Bundle for the third time. Everything seems to be working including MMS. My issues might have been on T-mobile's side.

For anyone who is having trouble with sending MMS, the solution might be just to wait. I have had the 1.0.5 bundle installed for a few weeks. After I installed the bundle MMS didn't show up, but I rebooted the phone and it has worked ever since. Last night, however, I tried to send an MMS and the bar would get about 95% of the way to the end and then fail. After two or three fails, I gave up and figured I would have to reinstall the bundle later. This morning, however, I figured I would try one last time and it worked perfectly. I hadn't done anything since last night, but today it worked. Sometimes there is just a problem on T-Mobile's side and it makes things not work for a while.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Many times, more than I care to remember - it has been 'carrier problems'. Not speaking about T-Mobile specifically, but all. I travel alot and frequently see this. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 reboots, sometimes it takes hours (aka carrier issues) for problems to abide.

I concur totally. Patience is a virture.

Default VVM for Tmo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    @Spooky. How much do you need for the decoder? I would be willing to help share the costs
    This post is meant at advanced users who know how to build a bundle. Newbies are advised to ignore it to save themselves and the community some pain and grief.

I am disappointed by the situation with Visual Voicemail (VVM). I have all the right settings. It just doesn't work. It may be a user agent issue. It may not be. I suspect the Voicemail 1.0.5 app is doing something nefarious upon activation, or every time it is launched, that the iPhone VVM app is not doing.

T-Mobile have told me to piss off. I cannot expect help from them. Since so very few have donated, I cannot rent a cheap, Indian coder to have a look at the disassembled Voicemail 1.0.5 app. Thus far, I have had no volunteers.

I will not link you to the disassembled nor original Voicemail 1.0.5 myTouch app. The last thing I need is T-Mobile's lawyers heckling me. I will, however, link you to my GitHub VVM branch. You are free to play with it. It does not work, and you may get weird, cryptic, status SMS. You will not be charged. They are network SMS messages that are not meant for the user, but the phone. I'm not sure why the phone doesn't interpret them.

I've been Googling. Thus far no one has published these settings, but me. Either there is no interest, or people have not figured out how to get the app off the currently unrootable myTouch 3G. It would be awesome if we were still the first ones in the race to get it to work--if there is a race--for bragging rights if nothing else.
    i am with @Mes i will help the cause for sure!

iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Thanks

---Quote (Originally by Mes)---
    @Spooky. How much do you need for the decoder? *I would be willing to help share the costs
    ---End Quote---
    I'm in there too how much is it? We could pay it if we put some money each other

I haven't been shopping. I've been busy with another project. RentACoder.com is a bid site. Look for yourselves at prices.

Well I have the Blackberry plan and could never use the epc addy. Now internet2 doesnt work for me but WAP and the epc addys do.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I haven't been shopping. I've been busy with another project. RentACoder.com is a bid site. Look for yourselves at prices.
    If I read it correctly, Rent a Coder is a site where one goes to hire 'programmers' to perform specific tasks.

Its impossible to estimate the cost without knowing the tasks or the requirements.

What tasks do you need help with?

I need someone who understands java and java intermediate language and some android programming to look at the voicemail app to figure out how it activates your account on first boot, what it does on subsequent launches and if "TMO VVM LAB" is part of a user agent that needs to be sent. He'll need some iPhone experience to figure out why it's not working too.

More on Visual Voicemail. I've been digging around. There seem to be 2 protocols by which the iPhone understands Visual Voicemail. One is ACDS, which is used by AT&T. It is SMS-based. It uses a SMS trigger to download new messages. It requires minimal configuration, just the APN and enable/disable toggle. It automatically downloads a configuration file from the server given by the APN.

The other method, which seems to be universally popular on all iPhone carriers, as well as non-iPhone VoIP carriers, is IMAP-based, the e-mail protocol. It doesn't use IMAP-IDLE to stay connected to VVM. It uses a GSM standard Message Waiting Indicator, which is used by traditional voicemail. It requires a lot of configuration entries, which cannot be edited via GUI. T-Mobile Germany use IMAP. I think 99% use IMAP.

It could look something like
    MESSAGE SENT: [email protected] (T-Mobile SMS Gateway Number)
    MESSAGE RECEIVED: [email protected] (Your phone number)

ACDS seems simpler. It might be superior since it doesn't come with a lot of IMAP baggage. IMAP was designed for complicated e-mail, not simple voice messages. On the other hand, one could easily implement a Google Voice clone over IMAP and not have to code something custom over ACDS. Many VoIP providers are capable of emailing you voicemails. But, like I have said, besides AT&T, I no one else is using ACDS. Everyone uses IMAP. It seems AT&T wanted a custom protocol.
    This would be an important step to making Google Voice seamless and invisible on the iPhone. SMS is already taken care of, thanx to Google's 406 prefix. I wonder if it would be possible to alter the phone app to prefix all dialed calls with your google voice number, and '2', as well.

Then, we could use the iPhone's inbuilt dialer, SMS, and VVM features, and be invisibly using our GV numbers, all without needing the GV Mobile app.

(Both GV Mobile, and voice.google.com/m require internet access to dial. It's kind of sketchy on EDGE, sometimes placing a call takes nearly a minute.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    If I read it correctly, Rent a Coder is a site where one goes to hire 'programmers' to perform specific tasks.

Its impossible to estimate the cost without knowing the tasks or the requirements.

What tasks do you need help with?
    I need someone who understands java and java intermediate language and some android programming to look at the voicemail app to figure out how it activates your account on first boot, what it does on subsequent launches and if "TMO VVM LAB" is part of a user agent that needs to be sent. He'll need some iPhone experience to figure out why it's not working too.
    well @Mes if you can put a request for someone i can pitch in to help the cause!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by humbeegj01 View Post
    well @Mes if you can put a request for someone i can pitch in to help the cause!
    Here's the pitch

Help wanted posted: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/3rd-par...ml#post4900557

Maybe someone on MMI can help. Thinking about waiting a few days before going outside.

Am I understanding correctly that if I install the carrier settings via Cydia that there is no easy way for me to delete it if I find necessary? Thanks

Thanks

I had no problems with removing the bundle at all I did this several times as I was having trouble on my girlfriends phone some reason though none with mine. However I did get hers to succesfully install and we are both very happy with the bundle

Page 39 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast