Page 38 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hatah View Post
    Alot of people being hard on spooky but we allow Melch518 and his last 2 post with complete taunting a free pass. Come on if you gonna crack down on spooky then we also need to crack down on things like this. Fair is fair.

says who?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post

says who?
    You openly scold spooky i dont see you or another mod say a word to him.

Again its a shame that we are wasting pages and time on stuff like this.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hatah View Post
    You openly scold spooky i dont see you or another mod say a word to him.

Again its a shame that we are wasting pages and time on stuff like this.
    His last post was deleted, and blkcadi had words

I don't disagree with Melech518. I have issues with the arrogance going on in the thread. I think posting thread rules is laughable.

I agree that it is a shame to waste time on this, so let it be done. The fight is over and the thread will return to the correct topic. Anything other then that will be deleted.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Calm down, take a deep breathe, no one wants to see you gone.
    Point was made and point taken. The member you were having problems with has been posted to also.

so i had downloaded a T-Mobile bundle in order to get MMS. it was working for a good 2 months and then just yesterday or two days ago there was an update on Cydia for the T-Mobile Bundle, Im using the Postpaid Legacy. and now i cant get even the icon on my messages. Did this update wipe off MMS for Iphone 2g???

I am sorry for what it is worth for "tainting" your thread. I think the work you are doing is great! Keep it up
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by Lwdjdmr View Post
    so i had downloaded a T-Mobile bundle in order to get MMS. it was working for a good 2 months and then just yesterday or two days ago there was an update on Cydia for the T-Mobile Bundle, Im using the Postpaid Legacy. and now i cant get even the icon on my messages. Did this update wipe off MMS for Iphone 2g???
    The bundles have not been out that long. I started some time in early July. Have you tried resetting network settings? I did change the MMSC between 1.0.5 and 1.0.7. There were reports that the legacy MMSC works better for your account type.

Red: old; Green: new

opps nvm got it to work after like 30 mins.
    Thanks

just wondering if anyone was having a similiar problem....

mms was working fine but then i updated to 3.0.1 then weird things started happening...i can only receive and send mms when wifi is turned OFF. when its turned on it will go as far as 95%...

i started using firmware 3.0.1 as a fresh install by the way. installing activatemms2g on the new install didn't pop up the camera icon or anything but after installing the t-mobile postpaid/flexpaid plan the messaging toggle in settings showed up and so did the camera icon in messages app. since then i've manually updated the ipcc through itunes using the latest 1.07 i believe it is... using postpaid/flexpaid of course...anyways i'd like to know why i'm getting this weird activity.

oh and one more thing..i tried the activatemms2g and flexpaid carrier bundle BEFORE installing other apps like SBsettings and winterboard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 88five-oh View Post
    Crap!

i had 1.0.5 and everything worked now i have 1.0.7 and nothing besides calling and sms work!!!

Can anyone PM me 1.0.5?

Thanks

Edit: Im using the sidekick postpaid plan.
    88five-oh: Did you ever get it to work? I'm in the same situation and I have tried, uninstalling both the Sidekick postpaid bundle and ActivateMMS2G, reset network settings, reboot. Then I reinstalled activatemms2g from cydia, installed SpookyET's 1.0.7 bundle for Sidekick Postpaid, rebooted. The MMS camera icon is in the native SMS app but everytime I send a MMS i get the red exclamation point. On a sidenote after uninstalling everthing that has to do with making MMS work and rebooting-- the MMS fields never disappear under settings.. Still on 2G iPhone OS 3.0 jailbroken with redsn0w.

Everything worked on version 1.0.5...

the first post clearly stats DO NOT UPGRADE if everything is working for you. Why would you upgrade something, thats working perfectly fine?

This post is meant at advanced users who know how to build a bundle. Newbies are advised to ignore it to save themselves and the community some pain and grief.

I am disappointed by the situation with Visual Voicemail (VVM). I have all the right settings. It just doesn't work. It may be a user agent issue. It may not be. I suspect the Voicemail 1.0.5 app is doing something nefarious upon activation, or every time it is launched, that the iPhone VVM app is not doing.

T-Mobile have told me to piss off. I cannot expect help from them. Since so very few have donated, I cannot rent a cheap, Indian coder to have a look at the disassembled Voicemail 1.0.5 app. Thus far, I have had no volunteers.

I will not link you to the disassembled nor original Voicemail 1.0.5 myTouch app. The last thing I need is T-Mobile's lawyers heckling me. I will, however, link you to my GitHub VVM branch. You are free to play with it. It does not work, and you may get weird, cryptic, status SMS. You will not be charged. They are network SMS messages that are not meant for the user, but the phone. I'm not sure why the phone doesn't interpret them.

I've been Googling. Thus far no one has published these settings, but me. Either there is no interest, or people have not figured out how to get the app off the currently unrootable myTouch 3G. It would be awesome if we were still the first ones in the race to get it to work--if there is a race--for bragging rights if nothing else.

I don't know if this might help anyone, but I was told that Visual Voicemail only works with the Android internet soc on your line. I was wondering if anyone has tried the correct settings and using that particular feature.

I made the mistake of upgrading to 3.0 from a totally working 2.2. I was enticed by the new goodies. Now my internet and email are not working. To add to the confusion, my internet wasn't working the day before I upgraded. I'm not sure if it was a T-mobile network error or they put the kibosh on my Tzones.

Anyway, right now I'm not able to get any sort of internet connectivity. I have SBsettings installed and it shows a data IP, but I get the "Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet" error.

Before my upgrade I was using epc.tmobile.com APN. I had changed it several times before I installed the carrier bundle. (I think the bundle turned off my ability to change APN).

So here I am with no internet on my phone, kicking myself for upgrading.

Any suggestions? I've uninstalled the carrier bundle and reset network settings several times.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by strachanjm@mac.com View Post
    I don't know if this might help anyone, but I was told that Visual Voicemail only works with the Android internet soc on your line. I was wondering if anyone has tried the correct settings and using that particular feature.
    It has been tried with a myTouch 3G account, which has VVM. No luck.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@Spooky. How much do you need for the decoder? I would be willing to help share the costs

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    @Spooky. How much do you need for the decoder? I would be willing to help share the costs
    i was thinking the same way. I maybe able to spare some pennies.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    the first post clearly stats DO NOT UPGRADE if everything is working for you. Why would you upgrade something, thats working perfectly fine?
    upgrades are for improvements

can we get a link to the original bundles?
    Last edited by cyph; 2009-08-04 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @noclothes1: I had the same problem until I redid it the proper way, activating my iPhone with an AT&T sim card. I also tried to get away with the t zones plan but they can tell if you have an iPhone so just get the 25 dollar smartphone data plan or live without it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nehalemi7 View Post
    @noclothes1: I had the same problem until I redid it the proper way, activating my iPhone with an AT&T sim card. I also tried to get away with the t zones plan but they can tell if you have an iPhone so just get the 25 dollar smartphone data plan or live without it.
    Use the 9.99 web 2 go plan I have it on both of my Iphones works like a charm see previous posts.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...one-users.html
    Hope it helps check 'em out

Page 38 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast