Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    What part of 'it doesn't work yet, but I'm making progress' didn't you understand?
    Last time I saw someone with your lack of social skills I was in Romania. You must be Romanian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Thanks. Got 'em ALL All it takes is a lookie at where the .debs are stored and another look at 7-Zip for Win (or dpkg on the iPhone).

But your version also has a key ingredient. Add a 6 lines at the top and it's open to all.
    <key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    <true/>
    <key>AllowMMSCEditing</key>
    <true/>
    <key>AllowMMSEditing</key>
    <true/>
    Love the iPhone. Love/Hate Apple/AT&T/and their children.

Are we having fun yet ??
    THANKS!! I was in the middle of editing my post when I saw your post...Thats all you need to change....

Grow up Spooky and learn how to converse like an adult. I am leaving your childish thread now
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    last time i saw someone with your lack of social skills i was in romania. You must be romanian.
    lmao. :d

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Thanks. Got 'em ALL All it takes is a lookie at where the .debs are stored and another look at 7-Zip for Win (or dpkg on the iPhone).

But your version also has a key ingredient. Add a 6 lines at the top and it's open to all.
    <key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    <true/>
    <key>AllowMMSCEditing</key>
    <true/>
    <key>AllowMMSEditing</key>
    <true/>
    Love the iPhone. Love/Hate Apple/AT&T/and their children.

Are we having fun yet ??

Actually, you only need the first two lines. The others are redundant, at least in 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    Last time I saw someone with your lack of social skills I was in Romania. You must be Romanian.
    I'm not the one throwing 3-year old child sissy fits about an unnecessary menu entry.

It's hard being social when all my mates are either camels or jihadis in a cave who haven't seen the light of day in a couple of years. Now, even my favourite goat is rejecting me. :-( She bleats that we don't communicate like we used to and wants the sheikh to grant us a divorce.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-08-02 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

robertguero (2009-08-02)

ha ha haehhhhhh fail
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Actually, you only need the first two lines. The others are redundant, at least in 3.0.
    Now that wasn't so difficult, was it?

Listen Spooky, we DO appreciate your long hours and hard work with this T-Mobile carrier stuff. But in order to really be successful you've got to satisfy your audience. If you can, do it! Simple and sweet. If you can not, you had better smile when you say no.

I fear that the iPhone VVM app needs to be patched to give a different user agent and tell T-Mobile what it wants to hear. This sucks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

robertguero (2009-08-02)

Sorry its off topic but situation kind of sucks.

Hey Spooky....I deal with the same stuff over on my page. They think I am being rude when I tell them how to do something or let me research it. ESPECIALLY when they dont listen/read and follow directions. Things are done a certain way for a certain reason.

We do all this stuff for FREE and they expect customer service. Spend our free time to try to figure out problems and SHARE the answer...for FREE...

You get less tech support from Tmo...and you pay them how much a month???!!!!

Its sad how mad or butt hurt people get when your trying to fix problems or make stuff work thats NOT suppose to work and its done for free.

I know there are a few, so I would like to ask of the people who put up the winny post about Spooky's way of conversation. How many of you have actually donated to the cause? Donations being funding or viable info? <<<< thats info that has been or is being used. So, raise your hands...

Quote Originally Posted by robertguero View Post
    Sorry its off topic but situation kind of sucks.

Hey Spooky....I deal with the same stuff over on my page. They think I am being rude when I tell them how to do something or let me research it. ESPECIALLY when they dont listen/read and follow directions. Things are done a certain way for a certain reason.

We do all this stuff for FREE and they expect customer service. Spend our free time to try to figure out problems and SHARE the answer...for FREE...

You get less tech support from Tmo...and you pay them how much a month???!!!!

Its sad how mad or butt hurt people get when your trying to fix problems or make stuff work thats NOT suppose to work and its done for free.

I know there are a few, so I would like to ask of the people who put up the winny post about Spooky's way of conversation. How many of you have actually donated to the cause? Donations being funding or viable info? <<<< thats info that has been or is being used. So, raise your hands...
    Amen brother.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hatah For This Useful Post:

robertguero (2009-08-02)

see guero I'd agree with you accept that people aren't whining at Spooky they're asking for help in a thread that HE set up and mandated as the one that he would be dispensing his wisdom from. We all appreciate the work he's done but that doesn't give him any right to be a **** to people for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by arich View Post
    see guero I'd agree with you accept that people aren't whining at Spooky they're asking for help in a thread that HE set up and mandated as the one that he would be dispensing his wisdom from. We all appreciate the work he's done but that doesn't give him any right to be a **** to people for no good reason.
    So here is one sentence that Spooky has had to type how many times??????
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET
    CDN menu is disabled on purpose.
    And what about this one where the answer was 9 post above and had been posted again 6 post above...
    Quote Originally Posted by byransays View Post
    okay....spookey does the acctual VVM screen work? or when you press the voicemail button does it dial the voicemail?
    What part of 'it doesn't work yet, but I'm making progress' didn't you understand?
    So Rich how many request have not been fulfilled in this thread? Is your MMS working? IS your tethering working? And who possibly got it to work?

Oh and Rich, are you raising your hand by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by arich View Post
    The thing is that spooky is answering peoples questions. I don't blame him not wanting always repeat himself for people that don't want to read the thread and find the answers for themself. I don't know anyone that likes to always repeat themselves.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hatah For This Useful Post:

MREY (2009-08-03), phreakwenci (2009-08-02), robertguero (2009-08-02)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    To those complaining about not being able to edit APNs after installing the package, I personally think that the way it is implemented is the way it should be:
    This package is used for convenience. I don't have to type in the APN's and the other settings. I also don't have to worry about my iPhone losing the settings after a day and having to redo it all.
    If you want to manually edit APN's why install this bundle? Just do it manually

18. The Following User Says Thank You to nehalemi7 For This Useful Post:

robertguero (2009-08-02)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

At the risk of getting shot -- I suggest we cool all personal comments and concentrate on the issue. For those who want edit capabilities, we have the solution. For those who don't, you're already satisfied.

While Spooky (myself includedl) could have been more diplomatic -- he has provided valuable assistance to the community. We all should thank him for that

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

arich (2009-08-03), gcastro723 (2009-08-04), MREY (2009-08-03), robertguero (2009-08-02), SpookyET (2009-08-02)

@Mes : No need to fear being shot for calling for peace. I am sure most of us, myself included, would like the thread to return to its intended purpose.

I fear that the iPhone VVM app needs to be patched to give a different user agent and tell T-Mobile what it wants to hear. This sucks.
    Can you further explain this since i have not looked into the specifics myself? Just how deep do we need to go? Judging by your statement, a mere plist would not solve the issue at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Decon Meiou View Post
    @Mes : No need to fear being shot for calling for peace. I am sure most of us, myself included, would like the thread to return to its intended purpose.

Can you further explain this since i have not looked into the specifics myself? Just how deep do we need to go? Judging by your statement, a mere plist would not solve the issue at hand.

There is a reference to T-Mobile Visual Voicemail Laboratory around the APN, BeaconCode, and BeaconServiceCenter in the assembly code I have. I think it may be part of the UserAgent. VVM is IMAP4 + SMS based. Email clients (IMAP) have user agents just like browsers. I copied the useragent entries with SonyEricsson that I used to get MMS to work and put them in the VVM section and changed SonyEricsson to that T-Mobile VVM string. Thus far, I have had no luck. I don't know if it even reads it.

Like I said, I need someone who can code (read and write assembly), at least some form of bastardised Java bytecode to figure out for what that string is used.

I do know that vvm will be available on more than android-based phones. I'm also pretty sure that no phone will have the settings in a GUI. There are too many and too complicated. Maybe, they want to make sure that only T-Mobile supported phones connect to VVM.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-08-02 at 08:21 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

arich (2009-08-03)

I do know that vvm will be available on more than android-based phones. I'm also pretty sure that no phone will have the settings in a GUI. There are too many and too complicated. Maybe, they want to make sure that only T-Mobile supported phones connect to VVM.
    Interesting theory, so basically hard coding all the supported phones with the required settings.

I'll try to take a look at what you are referring to in the code. I used to deal with assembly way back in the day and i do mean WAY back in the day. I'm sure i am rusty as all hell, but at the very least i could amuse myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Decon Meiou View Post
    Interesting theory, so basically hard coding all the supported phones with the required settings.

I'll try to take a look at what you are referring to in the code. I used to deal with assembly way back in the day and i do mean WAY back in the day. I'm sure i am rusty as all hell, but at the very least i could amuse myself.

Hit me up on aim/skype/yahoo. They are in my profile.

do your bundles work with the new 3.0.1 firmware? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by makav911 View Post
    do your bundles work with the new 3.0.1 firmware? Thanks
    Installed fine for me on a 3GS and 2G both on 3.01

Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast