Page 32 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Well, Spooky, I finally have VVM on my myTouch, but it doesn't lead to many answers as of yet... The problem is, the T-Mobile myTouch is not rootable due to having the SPL 1.33.0006 loaded at launch... What that means is, I cannot root it at all but, I can load VVM into a rootable G1 and SSH it to remove the app and try to disassemble it. If you have a better idea, let me know buddy... Will
    Last edited by wdelisi; 2009-07-30 at 06:43 AM.

Is there a way to get Tethering without having to mess with Carrier Bundles?

I'd hate to lose my custom logo plus, I already have PDAnet so I do not mind if it's not possible to get tethering without using Carrier Bundles.
    Housekeepin'?

Quote Originally Posted by wdelisi View Post
    Well, Spooky, I finally have VVM on my myTouch, but it doesn't lead to many answers as of yet... The problem is, the T-Mobile myTouch is not rootable due to having the SPL 1.33.0006 loaded at launch... What that means is, I cannot root it at all but, I can load VVM into a rootable G1 and SSH it to remove the app and try to disassemble it. If you have a better idea, let me know buddy... Will
    You may also try to monitor traffic if there is an App for that, both data and SMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver350Z View Post
    Is there a way to get Tethering without having to mess with Carrier Bundles?

I'd hate to lose my custom logo plus, I already have PDAnet so I do not mind if it's not possible to get tethering without using Carrier Bundles.
    You can embed custom logos into the bundle. Just overwrite the png files.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-30 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

Oliver350Z (2009-07-30)

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    I have a new version for you to test. Hopefully this one fixed disappearing Tethering menu for good. No 2G. As always Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. If it's good, the main post will be updated and the attachment removed.
    Seems to work good on mine

now that I have the settig how do I get my computer to recognize it. I have and XP and Vista machine.

If anyone has done this please let me know.
    Last edited by beav626; 2009-07-30 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't use windows, but on mac, it detects it as a new Ethernet device.

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

When I connect it to the PC I hear the connection sound but I can find the devise to connect to it...

Thanks Spooky, I thought it would not be possible after using the Carrier Bundle... Will try that, sir.

EDIT: Well, installed the Carrier Bundle from Cydia... Tethering option is not there...

http://img126.imageshack.us/i/iphone1.jpg/

Ideas?!
    Last edited by Oliver350Z; 2009-07-30 at 06:52 PM.
    Housekeepin'?

I thought you would have to do it as ipcc

Thanks Spooky, I thought it would not be possible after using the Carrier Bundle... Will try that, sir.

EDIT: Well, installed the Carrier Bundle from Cydia... Tethering option is not there...

Imageshack - img0013o.png

Ideas?!
    New cydia packages have been submitted. They will appear in Cydia today or tomorrow.

Nice...

You should also update it so that we do not lose "Cellular Data Network", it is not hard to do it.

(Unless there is a particular reason why you are leaving it "invisible")
    Housekeepin'?

Nice...

You should also update it so that we do not lose "Cellular Data Network", it is not hard to do it.

(Unless there is a particular reason why you are leaving it "invisible")
    CDN Is disabled on purpose.

iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Thanks

SpookyET.... The package in Cydia is at version 1.05.3(is this the latest, cuzz on the front page you have all the pacages listed at 1.2), and i did see your posts a couple posts back talking about the cydia package being updated, was it concerning this ?

Also id love to thank you for your hard work.. kept it up man.. and all those who contributed !

last thing... is there any difference in doing this procedure through cydia or itunes.. i know you have on the front page that officially unlocked iPhon's should go the itunes rout... other that do you prefer a one way over the other ??

TIA
    Last edited by imagineThiss; 2009-07-31 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    SpookyET.... The package in Cydia is at version 1.05.3(is this the latest, cuzz on the front page you have all the pacages listed at 1.2), and i did see your posts a couple posts back talking about the cydia package being updated, was it concerning this ?

Also id love to thank you for your hard work.. kept it up man.. and all those who contributed !

last thing... is there any difference in doing this procedure through cydia or itunes.. i know you have on the front page that officially unlocked iPhon's should go the itunes rout... other that do you prefer a one way over the other ??

TIA
    Cydia way is better because they are installed properly. Latest version is 1.0.7, not 1.2.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

MREY (2009-08-01)

Are the users on the US prepaid Sidekick plan still experiencing issues?

I had considered bouncing over to the regular prepaid for the remainder of the evening just to see if it would work.

Thanks

so when's this bad boy being updtated through cydia ?

Quote Originally Posted by chlorox View Post
    Are the users on the US prepaid Sidekick plan still experiencing issues?

I had considered bouncing over to the regular prepaid for the remainder of the evening just to see if it would work.
    Regular prepaid works.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    so when's this bad boy being updtated through cydia ?
    Ask the MMI admin.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-31 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Oh art though MMI Admin, where be thee ?? Waiting for repo to be updated !

Still can't send or receive MMS with any of the bundles or settings.

Quote Originally Posted by EricJD View Post
    Still can't send or receive MMS with any of the bundles or settings.
    What have you tried? Which iPhone do you own and which OS are you using?

When I try to download the ipcc file with itunes an error -27 comes up. Anyone know solution for this? If so please let me know. Thanks a lot

Page 32 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast