Page 31 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

I got a 3G and can not get my MMS to work on tmobile. I restored the whole phone 3 times. Installed and uninstalled with cydia 4 times. Reset network settings at least 5 times.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by rayn View Post
    The tethering option will not appear for 2G iPhones, regardless of the IPCC.

From my personal experience, the battery drain issue, at least for me, was caused by a persistent SSH daemon running in the background. Killing the daemon increased standby time from 16 hours to about 40 hours.
    I'm no daemon hunter but could muster the courage if told where to look and how to kill it.

Serisouly though, how do you find the running daemons and know which one to kill? And were there any adverse effects to this daemon not running or was it only specific to SSH.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
    I got a 3G and can not get my MMS to work on tmobile. I restored the whole phone 3 times. Installed and uninstalled with cydia 4 times. Reset network settings at least 5 times.

Any ideas?
    Look on the previous page. There is a zip attached. Try that.

Dont I need beta itunes for that?

Quote Originally Posted by smassie View Post
    I'm no daemon hunter but could muster the courage if told where to look and how to kill it.

Serisouly though, how do you find the running daemons and know which one to kill? And were there any adverse effects to this daemon not running or was it only specific to SSH.

Thank you.

If you do not have OpenSSH installed via Cydia, you will not have the SSH daemon. If you do have it installed but do not use it, simply uninstall it.

If you do use SSH but dont want the daemon running all the time, there are quite a few programs that will allow you to toggle SSH daemon off. I use SBSettings.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rayn For This Useful Post:

smassie (2009-07-28)

Quote Originally Posted by rayn View Post
    If you do not have OpenSSH installed via Cydia, you will not have the SSH daemon. If you do have it installed but do not use it, simply uninstall it.

If you do use SSH but dont want the daemon running all the time, there are quite a few programs that will allow you to toggle SSH daemon off. I use SBSettings.
    Gottcha. I have ssh toggle installed and double check the running processes in SBsettings. I wasnt sure if I should be looking elsewhere.

Thank you!

I can't get my "Cellular Data Network" to show up under the Network tab. I have the camera icon in MSG. I loaded SpookyET's 1.0.5 package, rebooted, reset network settings, rebooted, still nothing. Any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

can you surf the web and send MMS?

Spooky disabled Cellular Data Network after installing the bundle, so people dont mess with it and then claim it doesnt work.

Ahh I understand now. Did you install the latest from spooky 1.0.6 or stay with 1.0.5?

Thanks

I have just installed T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid bundle and I dont see tethering available on my 3G 3.0

beav626 Settings, General, Network. Should be there.

Thanks

I downgraded to the 1.05 and it is back

Quick question for anyone that might know.

I just setup my wife's 3G that she just got. Restored to factory, JB, unlock and put in the settings under Cellular Data Network. She hasn't had any problems with the internet, messaging or anything.

Why do some 3G's require the carrier bundles and others do not.... (Sorry, that's my question, just took me awhile to get there.)

Quote Originally Posted by smassie View Post
    Quick question for anyone that might know.

I just setup my wife's 3G that she just got. Restored to factory, JB, unlock and put in the settings under Cellular Data Network. She hasn't had any problems with the internet, messaging or anything.

Why do some 3G's require the carrier bundles and others do not.... (Sorry, that's my question, just took me awhile to get there.)
    Your wife will have postage-size pixelated MMS. That cannot be set via the GUI. Scrolling "T-..." T-Mobile logo may also appear. VVM settings also cannot be set via the GUI.

Quote Originally Posted by beav626 View Post
    I downgraded to the 1.05 and it is back
    Maybe the tables I am using are wrong after all. I need more test feedback.
    Many official bundles use values that are marked "Shound Not Occur" in the tables.

Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-28 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

smassie (2009-07-28)

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Your wife will have postage-size pixelated MMS. That cannot be set via the GUI. Scrolling "T-..." T-Mobile logo may also appear. VVM settings also cannot be set via the GUI.

The VVM is true, there is no setting there on her phone. Since we are still waiting on TMo to support it though, I'm not that concerned.

The logo seems fine so far that I've seen and her mms is just fine. I was concerned about it when I first set it up so sent an image from my phone to hers and it came through in perfect clarity.

I'm not complaining trust me, I'm glad that it's working out so well for her. I was just curious.

Another question if I may. I have a 2G JB and unlocked using your carrier bundle, but the VVM settings do not show up in my settings. Should I be seeing them there? I haven't updated the bundle since I first got it to work a couple of weeks back and was wondering if I needed to.

Thank you again!

"I also thank Saurik for Mobile Substrate." you say this after you say it's crap? I think you have much contradiction in all of your posts. now your saying cydia is bad to have? unstable experiences. be smart about what you put on your iPhone and it will run much better than stock. if everyone was so worried about all the bad things on cydia I don't think they would ever of come to a site called modmyi. so before you keep calling all of these usefull apps garbage.... go make one better instead of using others work to make creamsn0w. all of your posts which I've read this entire thread are mainly negative toward others hard work. so please give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by hurstolds83 View Post
    "I also thank Saurik for Mobile Substrate." you say this after you say it's crap? I think you have much contradiction in all of your posts. now your saying cydia is bad to have? unstable experiences. be smart about what you put on your iPhone and it will run much better than stock. if everyone was so worried about all the bad things on cydia I don't think they would ever of come to a site called modmyi. so before you keep calling all of these usefull apps garbage.... go make one better instead of using others work to make creamsn0w. all of your posts which I've read this entire thread are mainly negative toward others hard work. so please give it up.
    This is not a creamsn0w thread. Stay on topic. Either you were too lazy to look for it, or you wrote this here on purpose in the hope that this popular thread will turn people against me.

Just because I thanked him for it, it doesn't mean that I do not think that many extensions based on it tend to be crap. Sometimes, I eat words, and may have said that mobile substrate itself was crap once or multiple times. For that, I apologise. It's very hard to pull off an extension that patches programs in memory without adverse effects.

I have changed my mind 3 times on the Cellular Data Network menu. So, what? We evolve. Humans are not stationary. Neither am I.

You are exaggerating my negativity to others' 'hard work'. I post negative comments in the entire forum, right? 99% of my posts are in this thread. I have a few posts in other T-Mobile US carrier settings threads in the T-Mobile forum.

I think Cydia is ugly, slow, and buggy. I have had instability because of it with nothing installed. My iPhone turned hot and battery drained. It may have issues with polling for updates. I've had slowness. I think that the majority of packages are ugly, unpolished crap, especially the themes section. A few gems exist, like Qik and now GV Mobile. I have no use for it. All I want is ultrasn0w for the unlock. I have created creamsn0w for me and like-minded people who only install Cydia for the unlock. Saurik himself said that creamsn0w was useful even though he didn't like my words on Cydia. I asked for permission to include Mobile Substrate in creamsn0w, and it was given.

My opinion on Cydia is my personal opinion, and I am free to share it. Take it or leave it. I am not forcing creamsn0w down your throat. Writing angry comments in crap grammar will not make you look smarter, nor will it make your point come across stronger.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-29 at 03:28 PM.

I have a new version for you to test. Hopefully this one fixed disappearing Tethering menu for good. No 2G. As always Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. If it's good, the main post will be updated and the attachment removed.

UPDATE: Attachment removed. Main post updated.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-30 at 08:28 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

beav626 (2009-07-30)

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

works good

Page 31 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast