Page 30 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    @Spooky.. Personally, *.sn0w has run it's course. How about a complete change. U could stay with the weather but use *.tornados or *.hurricanes . JMHO
    I don't think so.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Jmho.

Hey, I took your advice and installed the Legacy bundle but after going to networks menu I realized tethering option isnt there.

Quote Originally Posted by Siawash View Post
    Hey, I took your advice and installed the Legacy bundle but after going to networks menu I realized tethering option isnt there.
    Is is Internet working?

Edge is working, so is wifi.

I'm also not seeing the tethering option. I believe it may be an issue with the 2G iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_d View Post
    I'm also not seeing the tethering option. I believe it may be an issue with the 2G iPhone?
    2g iphones do not have the tether option available to them.

Summer Has CreamSn0w

Screencast pending. I would like your help to submit to Digg, TechCrunch, iPhone-related blogs, and so on. I think this is the best method to unlock your phone using ultrasn0w.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

cyph (2009-07-27)

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_d View Post
    I had it once but dont have it anymore. Im on 3G with 3.0

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings usually fixes it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

#SpookET and all.

I've attached my version of the T-Mobile USA color logo. Size 54x20 (same as original)
    Nothing else is included or effected.

The .png's (Default_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png and FSO_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png) are placed in:
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/TMobile_Germany.bundle. (Make a backup 1st !!!)

Note: Per SpookyET, place these in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/TMobile_us.bundle if you're
    using his IPCC package.

Hope you like

A zip file is also attached that includes both.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mes; 2009-07-27 at 03:22 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

beav626 (2009-07-27)

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings usually fixes it.
    Just did that and lost the VVM settings too + still no Tethering.

#SpookET and all.

I've attached my version of the T-Mobile USA color logo. Size 54x20 (same as original)

The .png's (Default_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png and FSO_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png) are placed in:

Hope you like
    Nice
    Last edited by beav626; 2009-07-27 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

#SpookET and all.

Hope you like

A zip file is also attached that includes both.
    Ugly! You have to replace the PNGs in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/TMobile_us.bundle if you have installed my IPCC. Do not replace in Germany.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@sooo... You're entitled to your opinion. I prefer colo r, just like the the official T-Mobile logo.

AND -- my instructions ARE correct for pre 3.0 and for non-users of your IPCC.
    Also, it does no harm to place in both.
    Last edited by Mes; 2009-07-27 at 03:27 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Device confirmed! Working on iPhone 2G v3.0 OS: T-mobile Sidekick Postpaid bundle.

Plan: Sidekick Unlimited data plan with 1000 minutes/mo.

I can't quite get the search features to work for searching this thread but how can I get the APN field back?

I mean I guess you don't really need it but I'd like to check out where exactly my MMS/SMS are coming/going on t-mobile's network... Since I am on the Sidekick Unlimited data plan (postpaid), my prior APN before the patch was:

hiptop.t-mobile.com

*I am observing the battery to see if I notice any major drain issue.. so far it seems about normal-- I'll update my findings in a day or so.
    Last edited by cyph; 2009-07-27 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@sooo... You're entitled to your opinion. I prefer colo r, just like the the official T-Mobile logo.

AND -- my instructions ARE correct for pre 3.0 and for non-users of your IPCC.
    Also, it does no harm to place in both.
    There are better logos on my page on GitHub.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    There are better logos on my page on GitHub.
    I for one disagree, but thanks anyway.

CreamSn0w Installation Screencast (High Definition)

[ame=http://vimeo.com/5778145]CreamSn0w Installation Screencast on Vimeo[/ame]

CreamSn0w Installation Screencast on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Decon Meiou View Post
    2g iphones do not have the tether option available to them.
    Is a tethering patch needed for 2G? Does one exist? I don't think it's the carrier bundle. Googling around, I see that it doesn't work for many, if not all. It's not related to a carrier bundle. It's not enough to get it to work.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-27 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is version 1.0.6. It may fix tethering for 3G/3GS. It may also totally break your settings. Make sure you have 1.0.5 handy. I'm not going to change the link the main post to 1.0.6 until I'm sure that there are no problems. I don't expect it to work for 2G users.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-30 at 03:47 AM.

The tethering option will not appear for 2G iPhones, regardless of the IPCC.

From my personal experience, the battery drain issue, at least for me, was caused by a persistent SSH daemon running in the background. Killing the daemon increased standby time from 16 hours to about 40 hours.

Page 30 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast