Page 29 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 2044

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

  1. #561
    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTYAIRO View Post
    Go to settings>general>network>internet tethering, connect the phone via usb or bluetooth and that's it
    Ok remember i am on a 2G, dont have anything under that except:

    Data roaming, VPN and Wi-Fi.

    Have another issue now...can send MMS and SMS but cant get connection for internet. From my experience as I have seen with others here I HAVE TO HAVE internet2.voicestream.com. Cant use any other or internet will not work. Am on the Blackberry plan.

    Now last mite I came across a guy that showed how to edit the plist file in xml to bring back those taken out switches. Trying to find it now.

  2. #562
    Default Vvm
    OK! So I just spoke with "Jessica" she told me that VVM is going to be rolled out TOMORROW!!!! She said I should be able to speak with a teer 2 rep to get all the settings needed!!! There is a small amount of info in Streamline so don't let a rep lie to you! So everyone hit up tmobile tomorrow for those settings!!!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to cweschler22 For This Useful Post:

    lord ryttingham (2009-07-25)

  4. #563
    Tried editing plist files myself but that didnt work out so well. i feel really stupid now. So any way tried everything I could to get my internet back. Tried every ipcc that SpookyET made. Now my wifes phone works perfect with the postpay/flexpay ipcc, she has t-zones. Thank you SpookyET. So anyway was bout to reload FW and found a file I DL'd when I first started all this stuff of trying to MMS.

    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...31917&act=down

    Got everything back and still have MMS. Also remember I am on 2G so got my "Cellular Data Network" key taken away under General>Network. This ipcc gave it back so I can edit any network setting as before on 2.2.1. Looked inside the file and it has "true" for VVM..? might work?? Hope this helps the ones who have 2G's and having probs.

  5. #564
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,474
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

    VVM is rolling out tomorrow?

  6. #565
    Quote Originally Posted by robertguero View Post
    HAPPY B-DAY!!!!!!

    Think you sir for your help with all and having the know how to do this.

    maybe I came across misunderstood but only found the .ipcc file after the fact in Cydia. Just put it in just in case others did not know as your first post instrutions say nothing of it. I had already done it with iTunes.

    Asked how much you need $$$ cause not sure what beer cost where you are.



    Also forgot...you need help with alarm or automotive electrical look me up or come over to my neck of the woods and ask a question. Welcome To ALARMTEKs 12 Volt Installers Forum!

    Ok i read about tethering but still have no idea how or where the app is. Something else I neeed to install?
    I'm leaving US soon. You won't believe me, but a decent beer in a club is $16. I have no seen one cheaper than $8. That's the horrible part of Europe. Clubbing is a luxury.

    There is no app for tethering. It's in Settings > General > Network > Internet Tethering.

    Actually, I do have Clifford alarm trouble. It's driving me nuts. It's nice of you to offer.

    Quote Originally Posted by byransays View Post
    allright, i downgraded to 2.2.1 today(various reasons)

    when Visual Voicemail works and you figure it out, will these work on 2.2.1 properly?
    These bundles require 3.0. I have not tested them on 2.2.1, but there is a minimum version field, and I set 3.0. You will need a bundle for VVM.

    Quote Originally Posted by robertguero View Post
    Ok remember i am on a 2G, dont have anything under that except:

    Data roaming, VPN and Wi-Fi.

    Have another issue now...can send MMS and SMS but cant get connection for internet. From my experience as I have seen with others here I HAVE TO HAVE internet2.voicestream.com. Cant use any other or internet will not work. Am on the Blackberry plan.

    Now last mite I came across a guy that showed how to edit the plist file in xml to bring back those taken out switches. Trying to find it now.
    The BlackBerry pundle is for corporate blackberry users only. Internet2 is T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy. If Internet doesn't work, you won't see the tethering option.

    Quote Originally Posted by cweschler22 View Post
    OK! So I just spoke with "Jessica" she told me that VVM is going to be rolled out TOMORROW!!!! She said I should be able to speak with a teer 2 rep to get all the settings needed!!! There is a small amount of info in Streamline so don't let a rep lie to you! So everyone hit up tmobile tomorrow for those settings!!!
    Those support drones are totally worthless. They'll tell you anything to get rid of you. I hope it's true. I know more, not from reps, but from other T-mobile people. I just can't share it because I don't want them to get fired. This is a public forum after all. They've told us all to **** off by upper management. Thus far, it's not looking good. I'm still hopping to find someone who has been **** on and doesn't care about official policy and will share the settings.

    Quote Originally Posted by robertguero View Post
    Tried editing plist files myself but that didnt work out so well. i feel really stupid now. So any way tried everything I could to get my internet back. Tried every ipcc that SpookyET made. Now my wifes phone works perfect with the postpay/flexpay ipcc, she has t-zones. Thank you SpookyET. So anyway was bout to reload FW and found a file I DL'd when I first started all this stuff of trying to MMS.

    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...31917&act=down

    Got everything back and still have MMS. Also remember I am on 2G so got my "Cellular Data Network" key taken away under General>Network. This ipcc gave it back so I can edit any network setting as before on 2.2.1. Looked inside the file and it has "true" for VVM..? might work?? Hope this helps the ones who have 2G's and having probs.
    That IPCC has a mixed AT&T/T-Mobile settings. It's broken. VVM will not work. Yes, it has CDN enabled. Don't install Cydia and IPCC, one or the other. Cydia is preferred for those with jailbroken phones. But, you will have to delete the IPCC via SSH. Instructions are in the first post. Try the simple Legacy like I have said before.

    I need a network administrator--someone who knows unix-based proxies to contact me.

    Thank you all for the 'Happy Birthday' wishes.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-25 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #566
    Hey Spooky, happy late birthday!

    Bundle Used: Custom IPPC posted on Page 35 of this thread, with Cellular Data network menu enabled and custom t-mobile logo
    My Device: 2G iPhone + 3.0 FW Unlocked/Not Jailbroken
    Voice Plan: Family 700.
    Data Plan: T-Mobile 100MB web for phones $9.99
    SMS: T-Mobile Unlimited Messaging $19.99
    Time on T-Mobile: Since 04/05
    Last Plan Change: Around 6 months ago, added 9/99 100MB web plan
    Problem: Couple questions:

    -Which bundle is best for my date plan?
    -I don't have a jailbroken iPhone, so I cannot get MMS but does it still install the settings?
    -Are these bundles completely necessary for VVM?
    -Do you recommend jailbreaking iPhone for these bundles?

    Currently I'm using another IPPC, and I have internet2.voicestream.com as the APN

    Thanks for the help.

  8. #567
    Just bought you a beer. I know its not much but hey anything helps right.

    I tried legacy and pretty much the rest of them. I am on 2G so thing must not be the same on the 3G. I am working fine. But also the wifes is working fine with you ipcc.

    Now when editing carrier.plist do you also have to edit info.plist or something else? cause I edited the carrier.plist under Tmo_us.bundle to bring up CDN and changed my APN right in the file but I still had not internet. I even tried mixing what your bundle had already set and add the difference in from the one I have now. But still no buttons and still no internet. So just put that above bundle in with iTunes and am working.

    Any way you can turn on CDN in yours?

    Not to be rude but I am not he only one that has had probs with your bundle on the 2g and you have even said that your not sure about 2G. I understand some things about it...keys that are true or false and strings are characters that will be put in the box but I guess i am not understanding the build of it.

    So whats with your alarm?
    Last edited by robertguero; 2009-07-25 at 07:17 PM.

  9. #568
    Quote Originally Posted by Siawash View Post
    Hey Spooky, happy late birthday!

    Bundle Used: Custom IPPC posted on Page 35 of this thread, with Cellular Data network menu enabled and custom t-mobile logo
    My Device: 2G iPhone + 3.0 FW Unlocked/Not Jailbroken
    Voice Plan: Family 700.
    Data Plan: T-Mobile 100MB web for phones $9.99
    SMS: T-Mobile Unlimited Messaging $19.99
    Time on T-Mobile: Since 04/05
    Last Plan Change: Around 6 months ago, added 9/99 100MB web plan
    Problem: Couple questions:

    -Which bundle is best for my date plan?
    -I don't have a jailbroken iPhone, so I cannot get MMS but does it still install the settings?
    -Are these bundles completely necessary for VVM?
    -Do you recommend jailbreaking iPhone for these bundles?

    Currently I'm using another IPPC, and I have internet2.voicestream.com as the APN

    Thanks for the help.
    The best bundle is T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy, though the simple one that uses epc.tmobile.com may work.

    It still installs the settings. You'll have to jailbreak if MMS is important for you.

    The bundles are necessary for VVM. VVM settings are not available in the GUI.

    I do not recommend jailbreaking unless you need MMS. The MMS hacks for 2G are crappy. They suck your battery dry. I'd rather have a phone work all day than have to worry to charge it all the time just because I send MMS once in a while.

    The T-Mobile logo itself is ugly as hell. Personally, I would not touch anything that resembles it. I have seen a really nice logo for Wind, an Italian carrier, but I can't find the screenshot anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by robertguero View Post
    Just bought you a beer. I know its not much but hey anything helps right.

    I tried legacy and pretty much the rest of them. I am on 2G so thing must not be the same on the 3G. I am working fine. But also the wifes is working fine with you ipcc.

    Now when editing carrier.plist do you also have to edit info.plist or something else? cause I edited the carrier.plist under Tmo_us.bundle to bring up CDN and changed my APN right in the file but I still had not internet. I even tried mixing what your bundle had already set and add the difference in from the one I have now. But still no buttons and still no internet. So just put that above bundle in with iTunes and am working.

    Any way you can turn on CDN in yours?

    Not to be rude but I am not he only one that has had probs with your bundle on the 2g and you have even said that your not sure about 2G. I understand some things about it...keys that are true or false and strings are characters that will be put in the box but I guess i am not understanding the build of it.

    So whats with your alarm?
    It doesn't look like you are using my IPCC. Tmo_us.bundle is not mine. I use the proper naming convention, which is TMobile_us.bundle.

    Uninstall any Cydia T-Mobile packages.



    For the next part, you will need to have OpenSSH installed and use a program like Transmit.
    User:root
    Password:alpine

    Delete:
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/TMobile_us.bundle
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Tmo_us.bundle or any other variation.
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/310260
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/31026
    /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle
    /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/

    That should take care of everything.

    Since you have said that internet2.tmobile.com works for you, T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy SHOULD WORK. Install it from Cydia. It won't leave traces behind when you uninstall. Internet should work. You may have problems with MMS, and if you can confirm that Internet works and MMS does not, I have the fix. I just haven't uploaded it yet since no one has confirmed.

    It is very important that you reset network settings whenever you switch bundles.
    Settings > General > Reset > Resent Network Settings.

    The reason why CDN is not turned on is because you should install it and just work and not have to mess with it. The other reason is because people with perfectly working phones don't comprehend the phrase, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it,' and were giving me a headache. Lastly, official carriers don't have CDN enabled. It only shows up when you are roaming on an UNKNOWN carrier, and I want to make T-Mobile USA KNOWN.

    When you install IPCC files from iTunes, you generally don't have to reboot your phone. But, sometimes they don't work properly and a reset of the network settings always works. When you install from Cydia, you always have to reboot your phone. Sometimes, a network settings reset is also necessary.

    NEVER INSTALL BOTH IPCC AND FROM CYDIA. They get installed in 2 different locations. Weird stuff starts to happen.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-25 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #569
    does iTunes backup any of these files? or the bundles?


    My Device: 2G 3.0 Unlocked/Jailbroken
    Voice Plan: Family Time 3000
    Data Plan: Blackberry
    SMS: Family Unlimited

    Dont know but its working right now. And I can deal with the battery drain till I can afford a 3GS. Been off charge about an hour and already to 80% and only 2 phone calls and 2 txt msgs. I guess this is because it is pinging to the server all the time? Is there anyway to make it ping less? Or whats causing the battery drain?

    Which logo from Wind?
    Last edited by robertguero; 2009-07-25 at 07:45 PM.

  11. #570
    I do not recommend jail breaking unless you need MMS. The MMS hacks for 2G are crappy. They suck your battery dry. I'd rather have a phone work all day than have to worry to charge it all the time just because I send MMS once in a while.
    Since when is the only reason to jailbreak strictly for MMS? Did someone send out a memo and i missed it?

    and the whole "MMS HACKS = Battery Death." This affects some users not all. I was getting battery drain before, but since restoring via a different method, i have been cured. I run push notifications and mms and get a full day (6am to 11pm) of usage out of my phone.

    I realize "i do not equal everyone", yet neither do you. Careful of putting out your opinions as solid facts.

    You have done the iPhone community a great service with these bundles, and i thank you, however these bundles have not earned you a PHD in iPhoneology and i politely ask you to bring the arrogance down a notch.
    Last edited by Decon Meiou; 2009-07-25 at 08:03 PM.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Decon Meiou For This Useful Post:

    Melech518 (2009-07-25)

  13. #571
    Quote Originally Posted by Decon Meiou View Post
    Since when is the only reason to jailbreak strictly for MMS? Did someone send out a memo and i missed it?

    and the whole "MMS HACKS = Battery Death." This affects some users not all. I was getting battery drain before, but since restoring via a different method, i have been cured. I run push notifications and mms and get a full day (6am to 11pm) of usage out of my phone.

    I realize i does not equal everyone, yet neither do you. Careful of putting out your opinions as solid facts.

    You have done the iPhone community a great service with these bundles, and i thank you, however these bundles have not earned you a PHD in iPhoneology and i politely ask you to bring the arrogance down a notch.
    He has an unlocked 2G, a two year old phone. If he has not jailbroken it by now, he clearly doesn't care about the other benefits. Thus, that statement applies to him, and him only. If you have another method than the ActivateMMS2G, please share it. Or, if you know what makes it suck the battery dry, and the fix, please share it.

    I do not have a Ph.D. in iPhoneology. I repeatedly said that I do not own a 2G, and that whatever I say about 2G is hearsay, and cannot be taken as fact. In the first pages of the thread, I would not support 2G owners precisely because I could not test. But, overall, the reports I have had in this forum, via private messages, or via AIM/Yahoo, they overall said that their battery is being sucked dry. So, I base my statement on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by robertguero View Post
    does iTunes backup any of these files? or the bundles?


    My Device: 2G 3.0 Unlocked/Jailbroken
    Voice Plan: Family Time 3000
    Data Plan: Blackberry
    SMS: Family Unlimited

    Dont know but its working right now. And I can deal with the battery drain till I can afford a 3GS. Been off charge about an hour and already to 80% and only 2 phone calls and 2 txt msgs. I guess this is because it is pinging to the server all the time? Is there anyway to make it ping less? Or whats causing the battery drain?

    Which logo from Wind?
    The blackberry bundle works for corporate users only, those that use the secure blackberry.net APN. The legacy bundles and the normal postpaid/flexpaid bundles work for some.

    iTunes does backup settings entered manually. It may backup settings installed by carrier testing mode. I don't think it backups the settings installed by Cydia since they go where all the other bundles are that come with the firmware.

    One person has told me that he had massive battery drain when he unlocked with RedSn0w. Once, he downloaded a firmware made with PwnageTool (he didn't have mac), the battery drain was gone.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-25 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  14. #572
    WOW someones upset this morning....

    Hey Decon can I buy you a cup of coffee...looks like you might need it.
    Last edited by robertguero; 2009-07-25 at 08:44 PM.

  15. #573
    Not upset in the least. I appreciate spooky's work just not the "tone" in which he does it.

    I have no ill will towards spooky or anyone else.

    @spooky I use activateMMS and the push fix (ssh). The only real difference, i suppose, is I restored and went back to using pwnage instead of redsnow. I also have unique certifications for push, not the duplicate ones floating around.
    Last edited by Decon Meiou; 2009-07-25 at 10:54 PM.

  16. #574
    Quote Originally Posted by Decon Meiou View Post
    Not upset in the least. I appreciate spooky's work just not the "tone" in which he does it.

    I have no ill will towards spooky or anyone else.

    @spooky I use activateMMS and the push fix (ssh). The only real difference, i suppose, is I restored and went back to using pwnage instead of redsnow. I also have unique certifications for push, not the duplicate ones floating around.
    You're the second to confirm that PwnageTool fixed battery issues. There you have it.

    More on Visual Voicemail. I've been digging around. There seem to be 2 protocols by which the iPhone understands Visual Voicemail. One is ACDS, which is used by AT&T. It is SMS-based. It uses a SMS trigger to download new messages. It requires minimal configuration, just the APN and enable/disable toggle. It automatically downloads a configuration file from the server given by the APN.

    The other method, which seems to be universally popular on all iPhone carriers, as well as non-iPhone VoIP carriers, is IMAP-based, the e-mail protocol. It doesn't use IMAP-IDLE to stay connected to VVM. It uses a GSM standard Message Waiting Indicator, which is used by traditional voicemail. It requires a lot of configuration entries, which cannot be edited via GUI. T-Mobile Germany use IMAP. I think 99% use IMAP.

    It could look something like
    MESSAGE SENT: [email protected] (T-Mobile SMS Gateway Number)
    MESSAGE RECEIVED: [email protected] (Your phone number)

    ACDS seems simpler. It might be superior since it doesn't come with a lot of IMAP baggage. IMAP was designed for complicated e-mail, not simple voice messages. On the other hand, one could easily implement a Google Voice clone over IMAP and not have to code something custom over ACDS. Many VoIP providers are capable of emailing you voicemails. But, like I have said, besides AT&T, I no one else is using ACDS. Everyone uses IMAP. It seems AT&T wanted a custom protocol.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-26 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. #575
    These bundles require 3.0. I have not tested them on 2.2.1, but there is a minimum version field, and I set 3.0. You will need a bundle for VVM.

    thats fine, ill just edit one of your files for personal use

  18. #576
    I wouldnt think T-mobile would use ACDS, I'd rather have them improve EDGE speed or make their service better.

  19. #577
    Quote Originally Posted by Siawash View Post
    I wouldnt think T-mobile would use ACDS, I'd rather have them improve EDGE speed or make their service better.
    As far as I can tell, only AT&T use it. I don't even know for what the acronym stands. T-Mobile most likely use IMAP. We just need the settings.

  20. #578
    iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Sounds like were gettig closer

  21. #579
    I'm taking suggestions for the naming of my custom firmware with embedded ultrans0w bundle. So far I can think of creamsn0w. brownsn0w is just too much. :-) I think creamsn0w sounds good. I will be releasing creamsn0w on my blog.

    I'm also thinking of releasing further updates of my T-Mobile US carrier bundles on my blog too, and leave this thread for general discussions. The reason behind this is that this thread has almost 600 posts and 40 pages. Many questions are duplicates because people don't care to search or read. For a new person, it is daunting to read 40 pages. It may also be hard to find the answer. On my blog, I'll have control over the comments and I can delete or not approve duplicate questions. Get Satisfaction is also an option.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-26 at 05:47 PM.

  22. #580
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    @Spooky.. Personally, *.sn0w has run it's course. How about a complete change. U could stay with the weather but use *.tornados or *.hurricanes . JMHO

Page 29 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •