Page 27 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by xsboredom View Post
    gahhh i still cant get my mms to send.

edit:

Got it working by manually punching in the APN and MMS settings.

I'm stuck using wap.voicestream.com for my internet but it seems slightly slower than epc.tmobile.com.
    Any way to force it to let me use epc.tmobile.com?

im using settings:
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    mmsc : 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    You are on the old tzones settings. There is an IPCC that will work for you attached somewhere around post ~350. I never added it to the main package in the first post because I was waiting for confirmation from more than one person.

Quote Originally Posted by cqshe1423 View Post
    Hey guys, I downloaded SpookyET's custom ipcc file and I believe ironicirony's contributions then i customized it a little. But before anything else, I just wanna thank them for their work and effort and also for making this possible. I just want to let you guys know that this may only work with those users who uses internet2.voicestream.com as their APN since im using that and thats the only APN that works for me. Without further adieu...here are the edits that I did:

1. Customized the official T-mobile logo to red letter T.
    2. Internet Tethering & MMS (with Cellular Data Network Settings) I believe it was disabled on SpookyET's ipcc file so I enabled it since a lot of people complaining about it and they want it visible. I also have read it on other threads and got the impression that one or the other disappears when trying to apply the settings. (Now they both works fine).
    3. Also the Picture Quality issue has already been applied here too and it's perfectly clear.

I don't know if all those kinds of issues has already been fixed in one bundle and already been floating around here somewhere but i just thought i'd contribute a little. I'm not taking credits for this work so if you guys want to thank someone, thank SpookyET and ironicirony for doing a great job.

ATTACHED IS THE FILE THAT'S BEEN EDITED AND READY TO INSTALL THROUGH ITUNES.
    Attachment 367195
    If you create your own IPCC bundles, do not attach them to a post. Advertise what you have and share via private message. It becomes too confusing to have bundles literring the thread everywhere. People are already confused by the 7 bundles in the zip. Please remove it. I thank you for wanting to help

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Downloads of v1.0.5: 1,299. (Cydia not counted, older versions not counted)
    Donations: $45.35
    Ratio of $ to downloads: $0.0349/download
    People donated: 9
    Ratio of people donated to downloads: 0.00692/download
    Last donated: GHOSTYAIRO
    I THANK ALL WHO HAVE DONATED.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-22 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    You are on the old tzones settings. There is an IPCC that will work for you attached somewhere around post ~350. I never added it to the main package in the first post because I was waiting for confirmation from more than one person.

If you create your own IPCC bundles, do not attach them to a post. Advertise what you have and share via private message. It becomes too confusing to have bundles literring the thread everywhere. People are already confused by the 7 bundles in the zip. Please remove it. I thank you for wanting to help

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Downloads of v1.0.5: 1,299. (Cydia not counted, older versions not counted)
    Donations: $45.35
    Ratio of $ to downloads: $0.0349/download
    People donated: 9
    Ratio of people donated to downloads: 0.00692/download
    Last donated: GHOSTYAIRO
    I THANK ALL WHO HAVE DONATED.
    The bundle that I downloaded a few weeks ago, does it support updates as they are released (like the person above mentioning he had updated mms settings), would those be just updated through cydia, or are they going to be released in new packages?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    The bundle that I downloaded a few weeks ago, does it support updates as they are released (like the person above mentioning he had updated mms settings), would those be just updated through cydia, or are they going to be released in new packages?
    Updates are released in both IPCC and Cydia form.
    Nothing has been updated since 1.0.5 release.
    I'm waiting for VVM before I make another release.
    Some MMS settings have changed for VPN Legacy, but not published yet until VVM is released.

Updates are released in both IPCC and Cydia form.
    Nothing has been updated since 1.0.5 release.
    I'm waiting for VVM before I make another release.
    Some MMS settings have changed for VPN Legacy, but not published yet until VVM is released.
    thanks for the promt response

Another question while your here

My video messaging doesn't seem to be working, I have tried sending a few videos to my email, but each one of them say that "The video file IMG_****.3gp was deleted"

Someone on another thread said that it could be from a currupt carrier bundle, I've installed the latest one for my plan (postpay), is there anything i could be doing wrong, something in the settings perhaps?

thanks for the promt response

Another question while your here

My video messaging doesn't seem to be working, I have tried sending a few videos to my email, but each one of them say that "The video file IMG_****.3gp was deleted"

Someone on another thread said that it could be from a currupt carrier bundle, I've installed the latest one for my plan (postpay), is there anything i could be doing wrong, something in the settings perhaps?
    I have no way to test video since I am not on 3GS, nor has there been enough donations for me to acquire one to test. Link me to the other thread. T-Mobile doesn't read the configuration file that tells it what the phone supports. It only reads the user agent, aka the name of the phone. As much as blogs claim that T-Mobile support iphone even though it is not an official phone, they don't have an entry for the iPhone in its database. So, it assumes it's crap phone, and sends you a postage-stamp, pixelated picture in MMS.

We have bypassed that by telling T-Mobile that the phone is a SonyEricsson. I have to look up the SonyEricsson phone to see if it supports .3gp. Can you send .mpg or some other file format via MMS? Can you receive? Does picture MMS work?

------------------------------------------
    Update:
    3gpp files are supported by SonyEricsson W800IR101.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-22 at 04:59 PM.

this is the thread
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...messaging.html

The phone only records in 3gp i guess, theres no way for me to select what file type it is, I know i can send and receive pictures.. its just the videos that aren't working...

Can you link me to more information about the sony ericsson bundle? i'd like to read more about it, and possibly some users inputs..

Would you recommend me uninstalling the carrier bundle and putting in the information manually? maybe these bundles aren't compatible with all of the phones, especially if there hasn't been alot of 3gs yet..
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2009-07-22 at 05:09 PM.

this is the thread
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...messaging.html

The phone only records in 3gp i guess, theres no way for me to select what file type it is, I know i can send and receive pictures.. its just the videos that aren't working...

Can you link me to more information about the sony ericsson bundle? i'd like to read more about it, and possibly some users inputs..

Would you recommend me uninstalling the carrier bundle and putting in the information manually? maybe these bundles aren't compatible with all of the phones, especially if there hasn't been alot of 3gs yet..
    It's not a SonyEricsson bundle. It's an iPhone bundle. I'm just telling it to tell T-Mobile that it's a SonyEricsson, not an iPhone. Maybe, the video file you are trying to send is too big. Try sending a small one--10 seconds, for example. There is a max video bitrate restriction of 128Kbps for the iPhone.

It is not possible to input that setting manually in the GUI.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-22 at 05:30 PM.

Hmm looked around a few pages in that area and i couldn't find an attached ipcc.

I should have just left it when it was working. I started messing with it again and now i cant get it to work anymore even with the same settings. sighhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by xsboredom View Post
    Hmm looked around a few pages in that area and i couldn't find an attached ipcc.

I should have just left it when it was working. I started messing with it again and now i cant get it to work anymore even with the same settings. sighhhhh
    Now, you know why the Cellular Data Network menu is disabled. People can't stop touching it then ***** and whine that it doesn't work. I'll upload it again. There are instructions on how to delete an IPCC via SSH in the main post.

It's not a SonyEricsson bundle. It's an iPhone bundle. I'm just telling it to tell T-Mobile that it's a SonyEricsson, not an iPhone. Maybe, the video file you are trying to send is too big. Try sending a small one--10 seconds, for example. There is a max video bitrate restriction of 128Kbps for the iPhone.

It is not possible to input that setting manually in the GUI.
    Gotcha

The videos i was sending was about 3 seconds long, maybe it was to short? I tried another one thats about 10 seconds long, and have been waiting to receive it for the past 10 minutes.

i'll just wait for it and let you know what happens..

thanks for explaining all that for me, learned something new.

Do you need to delete everything in the cellular network data section before installing the carrier bundle?
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2009-07-22 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No, the bundles overwrite the settings.

Also, one more question, I have $9.99 100MB Limit Web, which one would be best for that?

hey spooky my video messaging still doesn't work, comes up with the same error, even my picture messaging takes longer to receive. (compared to just inputing the settings without the carrier bundle). Is there something i'm possibly doing wrong?

Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid
    Voice Plan: Family plan - 1600 min
    Data Plan: t-zones 5.99
    SMS: family plan unlimited messages
    Time on T-Mobile: about 15 years
    Last Plan Change: about 2 years
    Problem: I cannot send video messages, i haven't tried sending it to another phone, but when i try emailing them, they are received with a text file saying The video file IMG_6807.3gp was deleted. Picture messaging works, haven't tried tethering, but internet works for sure.

(sorry if this is in this thread somewhere, i tried going back, but got tired at about page 16 lol)
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2009-07-23 at 12:13 AM.

hey spooky my video messaging still doesn't work, comes up with the same error, even my picture messaging takes longer to receive. (compared to just inputing the settings without the carrier bundle). Is there something i'm possibly doing wrong?

Bundle Used: T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid
    Voice Plan: Family plan - 1600 min
    Data Plan: t-zones 5.99
    SMS: family plan unlimited messages
    Time on T-Mobile: about 15 years
    Last Plan Change: about 2 years
    Problem: I cannot send video messages, i haven't tried sending it to another phone, but when i try emailing them, they are received with a text file saying The video file IMG_6807.3gp was deleted. Picture messaging works, haven't tried tethering, but internet works for sure.

(sorry if this is in this thread somewhere, i tried going back, but got tired at about page 16 lol)
    Try sending them to another phone. I'm curious. Maybe, your email security deletes them.
    What settings did you use when you manually set them?

Try sending them to another phone. I'm curious. Maybe, your email security deletes them.
    What settings did you use when you manually set them?
    I thought the same thing, about the email account, but i tried it with a aol account and its the same results. (the previous one was a gmail account). i'll try sending it to another phone later today, will update you. I used these settings

apn: wap.voicestream.com
    mmsc: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    mms proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

everything else blank.

I thought the same thing, about the email account, but i tried it with a aol account and its the same results. (the previous one was a gmail account). i'll try sending it to another phone later today, will update you. I used these settings

apn: wap.voicestream.com
    mmsc: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    mms proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

everything else blank.
    Well, the error message says that it was sent, but deleted. The objective of MMS is from phone to phone. Generally, email providers support a limited amount of file extensions. If it's not in the list, they assume it's bad--viruses and worms spread through email.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    In reply to my previous post, I finally bit the bullet and restored my iPhone and activated the proper way. I used pwnage tool to jailbreak (with the activate field unchecked) restored my iPhone, used a friends ATT SIM card to activate, and set up as a new iPhone (did not use a backup) This has turned my expirence around now push notifications work, data is reliable and faster, and I can use the default carrier bundle. Definately worth it if you had problems like me.
    Thanks again SpookyET for you work! I did donate a bit of money for your time Can't wait for you to work your magic on Virtual Voice Mail

Quote Originally Posted by nehalemi7 View Post
    In reply to my previous post, I finally bit the bullet and restored my iPhone and activated the proper way. I used pwnage tool to jailbreak (with the activate field unchecked) restored my iPhone, used a friends ATT SIM card to activate, and set up as a new iPhone (did not use a backup) This has turned my expirence around now push notifications work, data is reliable and faster, and I can use the default carrier bundle. Definately worth it if you had problems like me.
    Thanks again SpookyET for you work! I did donate a bit of money for your time Can't wait for you to work your magic on Virtual Voice Mail
    Thank you for the donation. It is crucial that you never restore from backup, ever!

Quote Originally Posted by cqshe1423 View Post
    Hey guys, I downloaded SpookyET's custom ipcc file and I believe ironicirony's contributions then i customized it a little. But before anything else, I just wanna thank them for their work and effort and also for making this possible. I just want to let you guys know that this may only work with those users who uses internet2.voicestream.com as their APN since im using that and thats the only APN that works for me. Without further adieu...here are the edits that I did:

1. Customized the official T-mobile logo to red letter T.
    2. Internet Tethering & MMS (with Cellular Data Network Settings) I believe it was disabled on SpookyET's ipcc file so I enabled it since a lot of people complaining about it and they want it visible. I also have read it on other threads and got the impression that one or the other disappears when trying to apply the settings. (Now they both works fine).
    3. Also the Picture Quality issue has already been applied here too and it's perfectly clear.

I don't know if all those kinds of issues has already been fixed in one bundle and already been floating around here somewhere but i just thought i'd contribute a little. I'm not taking credits for this work so if you guys want to thank someone, thank SpookyET and ironicirony for doing a great job.

[B]ATTACHED IS THE FILE THAT'S BEEN EDITED AND READY TO INSTALL THROUGH ITUNES.
    PM me who ever wants the ipcc and ill send it to you
    Hey mate, don't know if you got my PM, but if you didn't I was wondering if you could change the t-mobile logo back to the old, original one. The other settings are working great, just wanted to know if that's possible and you could re-upload it.

Quote Originally Posted by nehalemi7 View Post
    Can't wait for you to work your magic on Virtual Voice Mail
    LOL, he doesnt have to do anything to make VVM work...T-mobile will be sending over the air downloads to anyone on T-Mobile with the settings for VVM...call 611, they will explain.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by Siawash View Post
    Hey mate, don't know if you got my PM, but if you didn't I was wondering if you could change the t-mobile logo back to the old, original one. The other settings are working great, just wanted to know if that's possible and you could re-upload it.
    I have got no private messages from you. I am not sure to what you are referring. I'm using the original logo. This is the official T-Mobile logo that is used by T-Mobile Germany, Austria, and 10 other countries on the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    LOL, he doesnt have to do anything to make VVM work...T-mobile will be sending over the air downloads to anyone on T-Mobile with the settings for VVM...call 611, they will explain.
    I have spoken to a T-Mobile employee (not by calling), someone with a brain, not the drones at customer support. There is NO information about Visual Voicemail in Streamline (the customer support database they use).

T-Mobile will send you a SMS with the MMS settings, for example, for you to input manually on request. They will not send a mass message. They have always done that. That's why the CSR told you that. There is no way to input them manually on the iPhone. A carrier bundle is needed. For Android-based phone users, they will have to download T-Mobile AppPackTM, which has Visual Voicemail as one of its applications.

The iPhone is a locked device. The only carrier bundles it officially accepts are the ones sent by Apple through iTunes. The iPhone will not miraculously interpret that SMS and apply its settings. Apple will never give access to a non-supported carrier to supply a carrier bundle. Whatever information you have received from the drones at customer support is wrong, misinformed, and a bollocks answer to get rid of you.

We would all appreciate if you could help by continuing to nag them. You're bound to find one moron who has not read the menu to not divulge the information before the myTouch launch, even if it is in Streamline.

Our goal is to get the settings before said launch.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-23 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 27 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast