Page 26 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by Alveezy View Post
    thanks! btw i did have internet access with both regular postpaid/flexpaid & legacy. it's just that the mms not going through. i tried the "sinfuliphone" patch and it worked but it seems to drained my battery 10% every hour and it was using wap.voicestream.com as my data apn and it's slow's my edge even more so i uninstalled it. i use to have epc.tmobile.com as my data apn but eversince i got a new sim card i use internet2 now because it's alot faster. i'm gonna give vpn legacy bundle a try and will post a reply when it works!
    iPhone 2G users must install ActivateMMS2G from Cydia. It's in bold letters in first post. Battery issues have been reported with it. I don't own a 2G. Don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTYAIRO View Post
    Ok I tried the VPN Legacy and the internet in the iPhone is working, and is faster than using the wap one, the tethering is working but Is it that slow???

I lost also the cellular data settings in the GUI, I'd like to have them back but I thought that as long as it works I don't care if can't see them Thanks SpookyET for this bundles, and I'll be waiting the visual voicemail, ooh yeah!!

About the quality for me it's ok, but there's something that I don't understand yet, My sister has a Sprint Mogul HTC (flashed to MetroPCS), she sent me like 3 mms and never where delivered to my iPhone, how ever she sent them to my mom's RAZR and she got the mms, she has MetroPCS too. and I think it's not MetroPCS because I can receive from my mom.

Oh and thenks for answering my question about the legacy, I did search a litbit but no enough. Thaks SpookyET, expect my donation today, a good work deserves to be rewarded my friend.
    MMS are big. There is no guarantee of time of delivery. You can have the phones sitting 1 cm from each other and can take 2 minutes or 2 hours.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-22 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hello all,

So i have an iphone 2g 16gb and i got MMS working however, i can only receive and not send. I used the regular postpaid IPCC.

The pictures i receive from friends are perfect, but the ones i try to send out never work it just gives me the red !

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by xsboredom View Post
    hello all,

So i have an iphone 2g 16gb and i got MMS working however, i can only receive and not send. I used the regular postpaid IPCC.

The pictures i receive from friends are perfect, but the ones i try to send out never work it just gives me the red !

Thankyou.
    iPhone 2G users must install ActivateMMS2G from Cydia. It's in bold letters in first post.

hello all,

Thankyou.
    Make sure your apn settings are correct under settings>network>cellular data>MMS
    Especially if you typed it manually. If you installed the postpaid IPCC from Cydia make sure you have the correct one! Also
    I've noticed sometimes the settings won't stick until you to a reboot or complete shut down, a respring won't work you have to reboot. If this doesn't work then post which apn you use for internet or edge access on your phone. I use internet2.voicestream.com and I installed the postpaid/flexpaid legacy.
    Oh! also like SpookyET has posted before it helps to RESET the Network settings as well. After you reset the network settings Reboot, go to cydia install the correct ipcc and then reboot again.

i use epc.tmobile.com for my APN. I do NOT have the option to edit my MMS settings manually. I cant even edit my APN anymore since i used the IPCC

i use epc.tmobile.com for my APN. I do NOT have the option to edit my MMS settings manually. I cant even edit my APN anymore since i used the IPCC
    Had you read, you would have known that Cellular Data Network menu is disabled. Had you read, you would have known which one to install. I know the first post is pretty big, but common, you can't be that lazy. It can't take you more than 2 minutes to read it.

I did read it actually. Twice. I am using the correct IPCC package. I've reinstalled it and have done Network Resets at least 3 times. I ran the .IPCC attached for "officially unlocked iphones" as a last ditch effort to no avail.

I did read it actually. Twice. I am using the correct IPCC package. I've reinstalled it and have done Network Resets at least 3 times. I ran the .IPCC attached for "officially unlocked iphones" as a last ditch effort to no avail.
    Do you have Internet access and MMS?

Yes i do, everything works, i just can't send MMS.

Yes i do, everything works, i just can't send MMS.
    What's your plan and what package did you use?

I am on a family plan w/ the family plan $20 unlimited text/mms and for my phoneline i am paying $24.99 for their "unlimited smartphone internet" or whatever they like to call it. I had the $5.99 T-zone plan up until last year but they made my parents change it.

I used the first package that was listed, T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid.

I'm gonna give the Legacy one a try because i know the internet2 apn works for me too.

edit: same results with the legacy ipcc
    Last edited by xsboredom; 2009-07-22 at 06:54 AM.

Default Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    I am contemplating whether or not I should release my PwnageTool custom firmware bundle that gives you ultrasn0w, among other things, with no Cydia/Icy crap. It makes your phone usable while looking legit.
    Is there any way you can post this? I'm stuck with an iPhone that won't unlock. I'd really appreciate it. Or can you tell me how to do it? I'm on a Mac. 16GB 3G iPhone. Need it unlocked for t-mobile in the US. All help is appreciated. Thanks.

The main post has been cleaned up. It should clear up a lot of issues.

The main post has been cleaned up. It should clear up a lot of issues.
    Which one? I'm confused.

[QUOTE=SpookyET;4874683]iPhone 2G users must install ActivateMMS2G from Cydia. It's in bold letters in first post. Battery issues have been reported with it. I don't own a 2G. Don't know.

i know that! and there's two! the ispazio version seems to be really really buggy but the original cydia.alpden.repo is much better.

okay i've just installed the activatemms2g(ispazio) with the vpn legacy and it sends and receives mms but the internet doesn't work...what do i do now?

[quote=Alveezy;4874968]
    iPhone 2G users must install ActivateMMS2G from Cydia. It's in bold letters in first post. Battery issues have been reported with it. I don't own a 2G. Don't know.

i know that! and there's two! the ispazio version seems to be really really buggy but the original cydia.alpden.repo is much better.

okay i've just installed the activatemms2g(ispazio) with the vpn legacy and it sends and receives mms but the internet doesn't work...what do i do now?
    That doesn't make any sense. As you can see in the main post, all bundles have the same MMS settings. If Internet doesn't work, try another bundle, or go back to the last one. Also try Settings > General Reset > Reset Network Settings.

[quote=SpookyET;4874978]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alveezy View Post

That doesn't make any sense. As you can see in the main post, all bundles have the same MMS settings. If Internet doesn't work, try another bundle, or go back to the last one. Also try Settings > General Reset > Reset Network Settings.
    okay i'll try the regular postpaid/flexpaid and the legacy version of it since my iPhone 2g(3.0) used both epc.tmobile and internet2. again since internet 3 for vpn legacy doesn't work for internet on mines.

EDIT: okay i've installed the "postpaid/flexpaid legacy" and now my internet works and my mms too with great quality. thank you so much! now someone needs to redo the patch to resolve the fast battery drainage. i'll leave this patch for a couple of days and see if my battery life's starting to suck with it being on.
    Last edited by Alveezy; 2009-07-22 at 07:45 AM.

gahhh i still cant get my mms to send.

edit:

Got it working by manually punching in the APN and MMS settings.

I'm stuck using wap.voicestream.com for my internet but it seems slightly slower than epc.tmobile.com.
    Any way to force it to let me use epc.tmobile.com?

im using settings:
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    mmsc : 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    Last edited by xsboredom; 2009-07-22 at 08:32 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Edited a little on the ipcc file
    Hey guys, I downloaded SpookyET's custom ipcc file and I believe ironicirony's contributions then i customized it a little. But before anything else, I just wanna thank them for their work and effort and also for making this possible. I just want to let you guys know that this may only work with those users who uses internet2.voicestream.com as their APN since im using that and thats the only APN that works for me. Without further adieu...here are the edits that I did:

1. Customized the official T-mobile logo to red letter T.
    2. Internet Tethering & MMS (with Cellular Data Network Settings) I believe it was disabled on SpookyET's ipcc file so I enabled it since a lot of people complaining about it and they want it visible. I also have read it on other threads and got the impression that one or the other disappears when trying to apply the settings. (Now they both works fine).
    3. Also the Picture Quality issue has already been applied here too and it's perfectly clear.

I don't know if all those kinds of issues has already been fixed in one bundle and already been floating around here somewhere but i just thought i'd contribute a little. I'm not taking credits for this work so if you guys want to thank someone, thank SpookyET and ironicirony for doing a great job.

[B]ATTACHED IS THE FILE THAT'S BEEN EDITED AND READY TO INSTALL THROUGH ITUNES.
    PM me who ever wants the ipcc and ill send it to you
    Last edited by cqshe1423; 2009-07-23 at 01:13 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cqshe1423 For This Useful Post:

Siawash (2009-07-22)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So i got it to work. Like i stated previously i am on the flexpay account with the 34.99 data plan. I used the first bundle. The 3rd and 5th both would not allow me to access the net through Edge. So i switched.

Works for me, but i still don't have a tether option anywhere in my settings menu. Maybe i just can't find it. Who knows lol!

Sherms

Page 26 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast