Page 25 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by lord ryttingham View Post
    I definitely would like to use that firmware bundle. The only thing that would make me hesitate is updating it. Doesn't ultrasn0w automatically update through Cydia? I am pretty competent if i get good instructions, but I still don't know if I could update my firmware on my own. Would your instructions be enough to help people like me who don't have developer tools or much experience with command lines and writing code?

It depends. If nothing changes in ultrasn0w from now on--as in you do not have to upgrade MobileSubstrate, one if its dependencies, it is easy to do.

I updated ultrasn0w from 0.90 to 0.91 today. It's very easy to do using PhoneView or DiskAid.
    But, it's like playing with fire. You can either cook a meal or make yourself a meal.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-21 at 12:03 AM.

Already have MMS working but no tethering. When I did my MMS I just use winscp and dropped a carrier file in a folder. Is there a file that will enable my tethering? Is there a link somewhere? This way seems more efficient then using itunes.

[QUOTE=SpookyET;4872911]If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You can't edit vvm settings in the GUI. Read the first post. CDN is disabled, and it will always be disabled.

i used the mobileconfig below and after, the VVM settings were revealed in Cellular Data Network.

http://www.adamkparker.com/downloads...b.mobileconfig

I'm curious about these mobileconfig xml docs.

[quote=scottzer0;4873146]
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You can't edit vvm settings in the GUI. Read the first post. CDN is disabled, and it will always be disabled.

i used the mobileconfig below and after, the VVM settings were revealed in Cellular Data Network.

http://www.adamkparker.com/downloads...b.mobileconfig

I'm curious about these mobileconfig xml docs.
    I know what you saw. It lets you edit the APN, which is totally worthless by itself. There are a lot more settings, which are not available in the GUI.

is there still a battery issues with installing "activatemms2g" with your bundles?...i've tried both postpaid/flexpaid & postpaid/flexpaid legacy on my iPhone 2g(3.0) on t-mobile and still having a hard time sending a picture?

i've been with t-mobile for almost 6 years now and i have the 24.95 unlimited data. i've also had the 9.99 unlimited messaging for all families for 2 years and they dont even have this deal anymore.

btw how can you tell if your a regular postpaid/flexpaid or if your the legacy?

iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Thanks

Dumb question here, how do I recognize my plan?
    I don't know which file to use.
    I know I have flexpaid but I don't know about the VPN or legacy.
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTYAIRO View Post
    Dumb question here, how do I recognize my plan?
    I don't know which file to use.
    I know I have flexpaid but I don't know about the VPN or legacy.
    Try them all until one works. Nothing detrimental will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alveezy View Post
    is there still a battery issues with installing "activatemms2g" with your bundles?...i've tried both postpaid/flexpaid & postpaid/flexpaid legacy on my iPhone 2g(3.0) on t-mobile and still having a hard time sending a picture?

i've been with t-mobile for almost 6 years now and i have the 24.95 unlimited data. i've also had the 9.99 unlimited messaging for all families for 2 years and they dont even have this deal anymore.

btw how can you tell if your a regular postpaid/flexpaid or if your the legacy?
    It's not the bundle. It's the patch. Do you have internet access with any of those bundles?
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-21 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's not the bundle. It's the patch. Do you have internet access with any of those bundles?
    I have internet with both the Legacy and Non Legacy and my sending bar gets to about 90% done and stops. Then i receive the red exclamation marks.

2G by the way, 3.0. Installing the bundles from Cydia. Not sure if it is the settings or what to be honest. Oh yah, i am on a flexpay account with the smart-phone data plan! Just for helping purposes!

Sherms

Hey guys
    i was wondering, I updated to the flexpaid legacy one but it doesnt work.l Is there anyway I can get the original IPPC settings so it can go back to the orignial settings. All that changed was that Cellular Data Network dissapeared. Any one have Original TMOBILE IPPC settings??

I have:
    2G iphone with 3.0 unlocked but not jailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by Siawash View Post
    Hey guys
    i was wondering, I updated to the flexpaid legacy one but it doesnt work.l Is there anyway I can get the original IPPC settings so it can go back to the orignial settings. All that changed was that Cellular Data Network dissapeared. Any one have Original TMOBILE IPPC settings??

I have:
    2G iphone with 3.0 unlocked but not jailbroken
    There is no original ipcc. There were no carrier settings before. Try another one until one works.
    Also, try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Okay one more question, since I have unlocked/unjailbroken (iPhone 3.0 2G), Can I have MMS without Cydia? Are these bundles for jailbroken iPhones?

EDIT: Also, after I reset, the Cellular Data tab didnt come up, I had internet2.voicestream.com. Everything works, it looks like nothing has changed except the Cellular Data tab dissapearing..
    Last edited by Siawash; 2009-07-21 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siawash View Post
    Okay one more question, since I have unlocked/unjailbroken (iPhone 3.0 2G), Can I have MMS without Cydia? Are these bundles for jailbroken iPhones?

EDIT: Also, after I reset, the Cellular Data tab didnt come up, I had internet2.voicestream.com. Everything works, it looks like nothing has changed except the Cellular Data tab dissapearing..
    Read, man. Cellular Data Network menu is disabled. For internet2, you need Postpaid/Flexpaid VPN Legacy.

For MMS, it needs to be jailbroken and the MMS patch installed. Read the first post, man.

Thanks

somebody please explain me what is legacy and what is vpn legacy, I called tmobile, they told me my apn was internet3.voicestream.com but I used to use wap.voicestream.com but they didn't explain me about the legacy thing.
    Thanks.

I did, I cant add any of those bundles since my phone isnt jailbroken.

Is there anyway I can re-enable it?

[quote=SpookyET;4873151]
    Quote Originally Posted by scottzer0 View Post

I know what you saw. It lets you edit the APN, which is totally worthless by itself. There are a lot more settings, which are not available in the GUI.
    Good to know.

I'm not sure what you're setting the data network APN to but, i had to uninstall the Cydia package today, cause t-mobile started forwarding my http requests to a device incompatibility notification at web2go.com and a request to upgrade (even though i have the $9.99 unlimited data plan). i previously used internet2.voicestream.com for access.

All i really wanted from your package wa the UA setting to avoid image scaling via MMS.

Hmmm. Perhaps I'll unzip your ipcc and roll-my-own.

[quote=scottzer0;4874106]

Good to know.

I'm not sure what you're setting the data network APN to but, i had to uninstall the Cydia package today, cause t-mobile started forwarding my http requests to a device incompatibility notification at web2go.com and a request to upgrade (even though i have the $9.99 unlimited data plan). i previously used internet2.voicestream.com for access.

All i really wanted from your package wa the UA setting to avoid image scaling via MMS.

Hmmm. Perhaps I'll unzip your ipcc and roll-my-own.
    It's not me package's fault. Internet2 is VPN Legacy. Look it up in the main post. T-Mobile are forcing all iPhone users to buy the $35 unlimited plan. They look at your IMEI.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTYAIRO View Post
    somebody please explain me what is legacy and what is vpn legacy, I called tmobile, they told me my apn was internet3.voicestream.com but I used to use wap.voicestream.com but they didn't explain me about the legacy thing.
    Thanks.
    Legacy is used as its true definition over the word by T-Mobile.
    They are legacy APNs from which T-Mobile is moving away.
    These question has been answered many times in the thread.
    Please read or use the search function.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-21 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Tmobile in Utah
    [quote=SpookyET;4874108]
    Quote Originally Posted by scottzer0 View Post

It's not me package's fault. Internet2 is VPN Legacy. Look it up in the main post. T-Mobile are forcing all iPhone users to buy the $35 unlimited plan. They look at your IMEI.
    For what it's worth when I got my data plan I tried to sneak by with the 9.99 plan by subscribing under my old phone (a Motorola RAZR :S) and it worked for a bit but they did what you said and I had to move to the 24.99 a month Unlimited Smart Phone Data Plan...oh well.

I called tech support before I discovered your carrier bundles (I couldn't keep the settings manually the APNs would erase after a bit) and they said the APN they want everyone to use (at least here in Utah) was the internet2 one I mentioned the epc.tmobile.com one and the tech guy said that they don't really use that one (hasn't rolled out here yet?) and when I tried the bundle using it it didn't work.

In my expirence the only APN that is somewhat reliable for me is the wap.voicestream.com one the internet2 one works sometimes (pretty much only at my house where I can use WiFi...lame) so I'm going to borrow a friends ATT SIM and activiate properly hopefully it helps.

T-Mobile's EDGE network must really suck here in Utah, I can't get internet driving in a car and its really spotty (at least for me) as far as working goes. I was picking my girlfriend up from work about 2 miles north of where I live last night, was using tweetdeck going on Slashdot etc data worked fine. Droppped her off this morning haven't changed anything on my iPhone couldn't get it to work (tryed putting it in Airplane Mode several times to try and reset it, had the EDGE symbol the whole time nothing worked) drove to a customers house also 2 miles south of my house no luck (not just to figure out why it didn't work ) drove to a customer a block east of my site (I assume its in the same cell as my house) no luck I get home works fine? This is enough to cancel my Data plan I dont care if its fast just reliable. Hopefully the normal activation thing works. I dont know if anyone else reading this thread lives in Utah but thats my expirence.

Thanks so much for your work SpookyET it really improves the expirence of using the iPhone on T Mobile! If I wasn't darn near broke I'd donate

[quote=nehalemi7;4874180]

For what it's worth when I got my data plan I tried to sneak by with the 9.99 plan by subscribing under my old phone (a Motorola RAZR :S) and it worked for a bit but they did what you said and I had to move to the 24.99 a month Unlimited Smart Phone Data Plan...oh well.

I called tech support before I discovered your carrier bundles (I couldn't keep the settings manually the APNs would erase after a bit) and they said the APN they want everyone to use (at least here in Utah) was the internet2 one I mentioned the epc.tmobile.com one and the tech guy said that they don't really use that one (hasn't rolled out here yet?) and when I tried the bundle using it it didn't work.

In my expirence the only APN that is somewhat reliable for me is the wap.voicestream.com one the internet2 one works sometimes (pretty much only at my house where I can use WiFi...lame) so I'm going to borrow a friends ATT SIM and activiate properly hopefully it helps.

T-Mobile's EDGE network must really suck here in Utah, I can't get internet driving in a car and its really spotty (at least for me) as far as working goes. I was picking my girlfriend up from work about 2 miles north of where I live last night, was using tweetdeck going on Slashdot etc data worked fine. Droppped her off this morning haven't changed anything on my iPhone couldn't get it to work (tryed putting it in Airplane Mode several times to try and reset it, had the EDGE symbol the whole time nothing worked) drove to a customers house also 2 miles south of my house no luck (not just to figure out why it didn't work ) drove to a customer a block east of my site (I assume its in the same cell as my house) no luck I get home works fine? This is enough to cancel my Data plan I dont care if its fast just reliable. Hopefully the normal activation thing works. I dont know if anyone else reading this thread lives in Utah but thats my expirence.

Thanks so much for your work SpookyET it really improves the expirence of using the iPhone on T Mobile! If I wasn't darn near broke I'd donate
    There is an IPCC for postpaid/prepaid around post 350 a couple of pages back attached by me called tzones. It uses wap.voicestream.com. The prepaid one uses wap.voicstream.com too, but you'll have the wrong short codes in the services, such as check for remaining minutes. The answer you have got from the rep is bollocks. On their own support page, they called them "legacy internet packages". They are moving to epc.tmobile.com. G1 and myTouch use it.

Thanks

Ok I tried the VPN Legacy and the internet in the iPhone is working, and is faster than using the wap one, the tethering is working but Is it that slow???

I lost also the cellular data settings in the GUI, I'd like to have them back but I thought that as long as it works I don't care if can't see them Thanks SpookyET for this bundles, and I'll be waiting the visual voicemail, ooh yeah!!

About the quality for me it's ok, but there's something that I don't understand yet, My sister has a Sprint Mogul HTC (flashed to MetroPCS), she sent me like 3 mms and never where delivered to my iPhone, how ever she sent them to my mom's RAZR and she got the mms, she has MetroPCS too. and I think it's not MetroPCS because I can receive from my mom.

Oh and thenks for answering my question about the legacy, I did search a litbit but no enough. Thaks SpookyET, expect my donation today, a good work deserves to be rewarded my friend.
    Last edited by GHOSTYAIRO; 2009-07-21 at 11:31 PM.

thanks! btw i did have internet access with both regular postpaid/flexpaid & legacy. it's just that the mms not going through. i tried the "sinfuliphone" patch and it worked but it seems to drained my battery 10% every hour and it was using wap.voicestream.com as my data apn and it's slow's my edge even more so i uninstalled it. i use to have epc.tmobile.com as my data apn but eversince i got a new sim card i use internet2 now because it's alot faster. i'm gonna give vpn legacy bundle a try and will post a reply when it works!

Page 25 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast