Page 24 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

I believe that I can now make a custom firmware with ultrasn0w and t-mobile carrier support preinstalled with no Cydia/Icy. AKA, it will look as official as possible. No one will be able to tell from looking at the SpringBoard or Settings that it wasn't officially unlocked by Apple.

Personally, I have nothing from Cydia besides my bundle and ultrasn0w. I find the apps of low quality. It does mean that you won't receive updates.
    Obviously, I can't create 8 firmwares for 3G, 8 for 3GS, and 8 for 2G. But, I can give you the instructions on how to do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    I believe that I can now make a custom firmware with ultrasn0w and t-mobile carrier support preinstalled with no Cydia/Icy. AKA, it will look as official as possible. No one will be able to tell from looking at the SpringBoard or Settings that it wasn't officially unlocked by Apple.

Personally, I have nothing from Cydia besides my bundle and ultrasn0w. I find the apps of low quality. It does mean that you won't receive updates.
    Obviously, I can't create 8 firmwares for 3G, 8 for 3GS, and 8 for 2G. But, I can give you the instructions on how to do it yourself.
    I'd like to know the route you went. I briefly tried that approach during the yellowsn0w days, but I got my officially unlocked 3G then 3GS and haven't had the need since. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wdelisi View Post
    I'd like to know the route you went. I briefly tried that approach during the yellowsn0w days, but I got my officially unlocked 3G then 3GS and haven't had the need since. Thanks.
    I'll let you know after I test it.
    You paid top dollar for an Italian/New Zealand phone?

Well, gentleman. I have done it. My iPhone looks totally legitimate and officially unlocked, even though it is not. There are no traces of Cydia/Icy. There is also no Cellular Data Network menu to further legitimise it. I would be comfortable to walk into an Apple store and not lose my warranty. Just don't let them restore it. :-)

In the following screenshots, you will see that there are only 2 pages. There is no Cydia/Icy next to Contacts.

For the haters who say that this is bollocks, look up Mobile Country Code and Mobile Network Code on Wikipedia.

Hmm. It has never crossed my mind to try to activate my iPhone with a T-Mobile SIM. Since ultrasn0w is embedded in the firmware, it works on first boot. So, it was active when it has prompted me to connect to iTunes for activation. That would be the day. :-)
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-20 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Awesome job Spooky! Yeah I have a buddy in Australia who helps me get my OU phones. It's expensive, but not as much as it could be. Again, nice job, I almost had that in the day of 2.2, but gave up... Let me know what ya did.

BTW, OU phones DO show the Cellular Data Network menu that's fully editable after a restore and activation with an unofficial network. I can extract the .plist one day for ya if you want, though I don't think it will contain anything interesting...
    Last edited by wdelisi; 2009-07-19 at 11:08 PM.

I'd like to figure out how to make iTunes see IPCC files in ~/Library/iPhone/iPhone Carrier Support/
    Whenever AT&T upgrades their bundle, that's where it is downloaded by iTunes. Then you are prompted to update. It's also installed properly, not in temporary Carrier Testing Mode. That would be the best way to install bundles.

Awesome job Spooky! Yeah I have a buddy in Australia who helps me get my OU phones. It's expensive, but not as much as it could be. Again, nice job, I almost had that in the day of 2.2, but gave up... Let me know what ya did.

BTW, OU phones DO show the Cellular Data Network menu that's fully editable after a restore and activation with an unofficial network. I can extract the .plist one day for ya if you want, though I don't think it will contain anything interesting...
    I know, but you can say that you installed an IPCC file via iTunes, which is not evidence of jailbreak.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-19 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I know, but you can say that you installed an IPCC file via iTunes, which is not evidence of jailbreak.
    Yeah, I like the cleanliness of it. I just did it to my bundle also. I have created quite a masterpiece lol Now it just needs VVM and I'd call it a success! lol

Yeah, I like the cleanliness of it. I just did it to my bundle also. I have created quite a masterpiece lol Now it just needs VVM and I'd call it a success! lol
    Any push notifications problems?

Any push notifications problems?
    Nothing other than WIFI only. I test it randomly and have had no problems. You said you have issues with the T-Mo sim in right? That doesn't make sense to me though. I unlock them and use the official activation through an AT&T sim and it works. I don't know about PP though... That could be the cause, being the disconnect between the internet and the plan... That's my only thought...

I am trying to figure out what triggers iTunes Carrier Settings updates. Dropping IPCC files in ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Carrier Support/ does nothing. But, that's where they are downloaded.

I am trying to figure out what triggers iTunes Carrier Settings updates. Dropping IPCC files in ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Carrier Support/ does nothing. But, that's where they are downloaded.
    I have messed around with that recently and I believe we are SOL.... iTunes gets a notification and has the appropriate bundle available (just downloaded it), other than that, I am not the surest we could spoof it....

I have messed around with that recently and I believe we are SOL.... iTunes gets a notification and has the appropriate bundle available (just downloaded it), other than that, I am not the surest we could spoof it....
    Of coarse we can, we have to see what it does after it receives that notification. If it has been downloaded and you close iTunes, it still prompts for it at next launch. Unfortunately, mine is up to date. I would need someone who hasn't updated with the latest ATT_us.ipcc

Of coarse we can, we have to see what it does after it receives that notification. If it has been downloaded and you close iTunes, it still prompts for it at next launch. Unfortunately, mine is up to date. I would need someone who hasn't updated with the latest ATT_us.ipcc
    I'll do it... I've never put an AT&T sim in my phone. I have one available though. Do you have the latest .ipcc? email it to me and I'll mess with it...

I'll do it... I've never put an AT&T sim in my phone. I have one available though. Do you have the latest .ipcc? email it to me and I'll mess with it...
    I don't. iTunes should prompt you to update your carrier settings.

BTW Spooky, there is no further information in Streamline about VVM... I will try calling a little later, but I doubt that will help...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

BTW Spooky, there is no further information in Streamline about VVM... I will try calling a little later, but I doubt that will help...

i called last night and tmo said they have training on it today so call tonight and they should have more info

I am contemplating whether or not I should release my PwnageTool custom firmware bundle that gives you ultrasn0w, among other things, with no Cydia/Icy crap. It makes your phone usable while looking legit.

Yes, please release that bundle, especially if it's working on 3GS. I'm needing a way to install Ultrasn0w without Cydia and unless a miracle happens, without Icy.

I installed the carrier bundle from Cydia and noticed that the "Cellular Data Network" menu disappeared. What is it in the ipcc that does that. Would be nice to install an ipcc and still be able to adjust setting, experiment with vvm apn's etc.

Quote Originally Posted by scottzer0 View Post
    I installed the carrier bundle from Cydia and noticed that the "Cellular Data Network" menu disappeared. What is it in the ipcc that does that. Would be nice to install an ipcc and still be able to adjust setting, experiment with vvm apn's etc.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You can't edit vvm settings in the GUI. Read the first post. CDN is disabled, and it will always be disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by n0idea View Post
    Yes, please release that bundle, especially if it's working on 3GS. I'm needing a way to install Ultrasn0w without Cydia and unless a miracle happens, without Icy.
    Icy is broken in PwnageTool, but fixable. It will work on any 3.0.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-20 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I definitely would like to use that firmware bundle. The only thing that would make me hesitate is updating it. Doesn't ultrasn0w automatically update through Cydia? I am pretty competent if i get good instructions, but I still don't know if I could update my firmware on my own. Would your instructions be enough to help people like me who don't have developer tools or much experience with command lines and writing code?

Page 24 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast