Page 18 of 103 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post

Explain to me BIS and BES. I am not familiar with the acronyms. MMS is a tricky bastard. It can come in 2 minutes or two hours. It's on T-Mobile's end.
    BIS- think of this as any other smartphone's ability to send/receive email and browse the internet.

BES- uses Exchange servers for full corporate integration and such. all handled by blackberry and encrypted and all that extra protection stuff.

In other words, I think BIS is no different than TMO postpaid internet which uses wap and epc. The majority of BB users use this.

BES is rare among everyday BB users and i'm sure uses blackberry.net as an APN.
    Last edited by trini_pirate; 2009-07-08 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jim0068 View Post
    Well, this has solved my problems. However instead of going through the itunes way and using command, i did it the simple way: used iphone browser

My steps:

1) download the file above
    2) open iphone browser (if you don't have download and install)
    3) navigate to: '/private/var/root/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle'
    4) scroll to the bottom and find the two following .plist files:
    - carrier.plist
    - Info.plist
    5) BACKUP THESE FOR FUTURE USE AND FOR GOING BACK TO ORIGINAL SETTINGS
    6) open the downloaded file
    7) drag BOTH NEW .plist files into the iphone browser window
    8) close iphone browser
    9) restart your phone for good measure
    10) DONE

For reference i have:
    iphone 3G
    iphone 3.0 OS
    Family Plan from at least 3 years ago
    Original T-Zones grandfathered in
    used redsn0w 0.8 to jailbreak (today)
    used ultrasn0w to unlock (today)
    am currently running winterboard & backgrounder 3.0 (with no issues)

-MMS works; both send and receive on either edge OR wifi
    -Picture quality is fixed
    -Tethering is enabled and works
    -Cellular Network is still available to change if need be (ie not hidden)

To not crap up this thread if you have specific questions on what i did pleas PM me and i'll get back to you.

Jim
    My normal postpaid/flexpaid IPCC is the G1/normal new t-mobile internet settings. I have no idea why he added his own to confuse the thread.

/private/var/root/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle is a bad location to install it. For anyone who might use more than one SIM card or travels, don't even think of doing this.

Bundles should be installed in /System/Library/Carrier Support by name and Country Mobile Code and Carrier Mobile Code symlink.

/System/Library/Carrier Bundles/310260 -> TMobile_us.bundle
    /System/Library/Carrier Buneles/TMobile_us.bundle

Glad you don't have problems with WinterBoard--might be specific themes more than WinterBoard itself.

I have the 3g that is jailbroken w/ Ultrasnow, I had a terrible time figuring out how to get the mms settings to work correctly. Last night I found that in Cydia, under the tweaks, for tmobile flexplan users that the carrier settings download works perfect. I have no problem with the mms sed/rec. or problems with blurry pics. The pics are just fine. I will have to find the link I used and get it out to everyone that is still having problems. Hope this helped somewhat.

Another person on Sidekick prepaid says he has Internet, but MMS will not work. We've tried a couple of different settings suggest by T-Mobile 611.

Do you have any hacks or IPCC files installed?
    I installed your sidekick postpaid settings through cydia first thing after jailbreaking and unlocking my phone. So unless something was installed via cydia/redsn0w/ultrasn0w automatically then I didn't do anything. Some other things I've found that might help is if I install the settings from benm.at I can get the tethering option but as soon as I change my APN to hiptop.t-mobile.com I lose that toggle. And when I delete my carrier.plist from \private\var\mobile\Library\Carrier Bundle.bundle and upload the one I attached to this post(rename to .plist) everything works great. MMS is the correct quality when resized, internet works, texts work.

Any help would be great. And I did all those settings only after a fresh restore and AFTER I couldn't get your settings to work for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kdeuce7; 2009-07-08 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kdeuce7 View Post
    I installed your sidekick postpaid settings through cydia first thing after jailbreaking and unlocking my phone. So unless something was installed via cydia/redsn0w/ultrasn0w automatically then I didn't do anything. Some other things I've found that might help is if I install the settings from benm.at I can get the tethering option but as soon as I change my APN to hiptop.t-mobile.com I lose that toggle. And when I delete my carrier.plist from privatevarmobileLibraryCarrier Bundle.bundle and upload the one I attached to this post everything works great. MMS is the correct quality when resized, internet works, texts work.

Any help would be great. And I did all those settings only after a fresh restore and AFTER I couldn't get your settings to work for me.

Official settings are here:
    /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/TMobile_us.bundle/

This is a symlink or a shortcut that either points to the above or to bellow.
    /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

Carrier testing mode installation.
    /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/TMobile_us.bundle

And so what do you recommend that I try?

And so what do you recommend that I try?
    Delete /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/
    Delete /prvaite/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

Install T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Prepaid Sidekick from Cydia.

Restart.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

I've had one person DONATE!. Cool!
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-09 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

kdeuce7 (2009-07-09)

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey boss!! Couple quick questions: I'm not a NooB... Just looking through 25 pages of questions..

One, Where do I donate..?

Are you around New England? Lol

Ok, So I have a 3G running on T-mobile... And This looks like it get's tether to work? Does it work it through Bluetooth? lol Am I asking to much.. Love to help with that..

And.. Seeing how I am on a blackberry plan.. Had an 8100, and pay a normal bill every month... Postpaid...Got MMS working...But not tether..

I'm hoping this will do it.. But.. I would love, if you can... for the logo.. A D-Mobile.. Insted of T-Mobile.. LOL is that poss?

And The Link for the .ipcc is the one on the front page? Or has it been updated in a post further in?? I'm sorry if I sound dumb.. But I'm really not.. Just a long day of work..

Love the job your doing... And would love to help out..As well, Respect the help your handing out!! thanks again!!!!
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Delete /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/
    Delete /prvaite/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

Install T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Prepaid Sidekick from Cydia.

Restart.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

I've had one person DONATE!. Cool!
    Oh god thank you so much! I deleted the two files that I had in /prvaite/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle since I wasn't allowed to delete the folder itself (I use iphone browser not ssh). The other folder didn't exist so let that alone, downloaded your postpay sidekick file, rebooted and then did network reset. EVERYTHING is working the way it's supposed to... tethering, MMS + quality, wifi, sms. Thanks again man, I will be donating for sure in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    Hey boss!! Couple quick questions: I'm not a NooB... Just looking through 25 pages of questions..

One, Where do I donate..?

Are you around New England? Lol

Ok, So I have a 3G running on T-mobile... And This looks like it get's tether to work? Does it work it through Bluetooth? lol Am I asking to much.. Love to help with that..

And.. Seeing how I am on a blackberry plan.. Had an 8100, and pay a normal bill every month... Postpaid...Got MMS working...But not tether..

I'm hoping this will do it.. But.. I would love, if you can... for the logo.. A D-Mobile.. Insted of T-Mobile.. LOL is that poss?

And The Link for the .ipcc is the one on the front page? Or has it been updated in a post further in?? I'm sorry if I sound dumb.. But I'm really not.. Just a long day of work..

Love the job your doing... And would love to help out..As well, Respect the help your handing out!! thanks again!!!!

DONATE HERE

I'd wish to be in New England. I'm around Redneckville, Georgia.

Both USB and Bluetooth tethering works. USB is easier to use since you don't have to go through the Bluetooth pairing mess, and you also charge your phone.

D-Mobile? T-Mobile German is T-Mobile D or T-Mobile DE. But, it still shows T-Mobile.

Try T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaind if you have a simple BlackBerry plan. Try T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Blackberry if you are an enterprise BlackBerry user. The later goes through RIM secure enterprise servers.

The IPCC files on the main page will always be up to date, but I advocate that you install through Cydia. Search or browse the Tweaks category.

Thank you for your support.

Oh god thank you so much! I deleted the two files that I had in /prvaite/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle since I wasn't allowed to delete the folder itself (I use iphone browser not ssh). The other folder didn't exist so let that alone, downloaded your postpay sidekick file, rebooted and then did network reset. EVERYTHING is working the way it's supposed to... tethering, MMS + quality, wifi, sms. Thanks again man, I will be donating for sure in the near future.
    I've noticed that Cydia WILL NOT OVERWRITE existing files. So, if you have crap bundles installed where Cydia installs, you may think that the bundle doesn't work, but in reality, you're using your old files since they weren't overwritten. Cleanup is a must.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-09 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

The D-mobile thing was a question about making a custom Carr logo.. My name is Dave... I have D-mobile on the phone now... lol No big deal..

Yes, I dont use blackberry E-mail.. just have the unlimited blackberry data plan.. Fav Fives 1000 mins and stuff... I have wap.voicestream.com in the MMS settings on my 3G right now unlocked with pwnage..

So, still install the same bundel? Or yeah... As you can see by my sig... Running on OS X..

Redneckville huh!! Bwahahah.. I like that... Down south.. at least you don't have the crazy *** weather we are getting... ****!! Ha ha.. Thanks boss!! Very excited to get this going.. Tomorrows plan.. Tonight.. I get the sleep.. LOL

Again, thanks so much for your help... and I will donate a couple bucks tomorrow night.. I take it that link is paypal?

The D-mobile thing was a question about making a custom Carr logo.. My name is Dave... I have D-mobile on the phone now... lol No big deal..

Yes, I dont use blackberry E-mail.. just have the unlimited blackberry data plan.. Fav Fives 1000 mins and stuff... I have wap.voicestream.com in the MMS settings on my 3G right now unlocked with pwnage..

So, still install the same bundel? Or yeah... As you can see by my sig... Running on OS X..

Redneckville huh!! Bwahahah.. I like that... Down south.. at least you don't have the crazy *** weather we are getting... ****!! Ha ha.. Thanks boss!! Very excited to get this going.. Tomorrows plan.. Tonight.. I get the sleep.. LOL

Again, thanks so much for your help... and I will donate a couple bucks tomorrow night.. I take it that link is paypal?
    It's not about email. It's about Internet.
    If you use apn:blackberry.net use the BlackBerry bundle. It's for enterprise users.
    If you use apn:epc.tmobile.com use the normal post/flex one.

If you want D-mobile, you'll have to rename the ipcc file to zip, unzip it, and overwrite the files in the bundle package with your images. Then zip it rename to ipcc and use iTunes to install it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

97vrsix (2009-07-09)

i have the web2go internet, can i get that working on the iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by amanisfly3 View Post
    i have the web2go internet, can i get that working on the iphone?
    Try T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid. Should work.

Thanks

Thanks for this thread, SpookyET. I was receiving the upgrade page; when I installed your "T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid" bundle, my Internet connection worked smoothly!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks spookyET. works great. I have 5.99 tzones and unlimited messaging.
    Here is what worked for me...
    1. jailbreak with redsnow
    2. unlock with ultrasnow
    3. install T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid bundle in cydia
    4. reboot phone
    5. reset network setting
    6. start sending picture messages, tethering, browsing the web and laugh at people with at&t that cant...

Thanks again....

Edit.. Forgot to mention I have 3G iPhone...
    Last edited by djw78421; 2009-07-09 at 04:00 PM.

Glad it worked for you.

Quote Originally Posted by djw78421 View Post
    Thanks spookyET. works great. I have 5.99 tzones and unlimited messaging.
    Here is what worked for me...
    1. jailbreak with redsnow
    2. unlock with ultrasnow
    3. install T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid bundle in cydia
    4. reboot phone
    5. reset network setting
    6. start sending picture messages, tethering, browsing the web and laugh at people with at&t that cant...

Thanks again....

Edit.. Forgot to mention I have 3G iPhone...
    Clean phone. No conflicts. Cydia won't override old crap.

16th of July is the big day.

Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-09 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

97vrsix (2009-07-09)

Thanks

No crap!! go you!! V-VM almost here!!

Ok, what i was saying, as far as i know, my plan had two options... One was a blackberry data unlimited 19.99, and then the enterprise blackberry... Allowing sync with blackberry servers or some crap... n e ways.. I uninstalled the blackberry one.. and did the post/flex... And it's not working... Updated my .IPCC files.. WTF!! So upset..

I'M JUST F-ING WITH YOU!! GREAT WORK All went as planed.. Couple questions..

I can find the tether section for on and off in settings.. But what about MMS settings and V-VM settings..(like the WAP. and ****... not turning it on or off, or the carrier settings..) Is there an area to adjust them, or is it all hidden now? Is that what this really did.. Make it so it looks more like a AT&T phone.. (no adjustments) not like i want to make any, I just want to make sure i'm all set for the V-VM from T-MO..

Anyone know if they are just going to start rolling it out? or will it be something you ahve to call and ask for?

Again you rule... Going to add a donation..
    Last edited by 97vrsix; 2009-07-09 at 06:14 PM. Reason: adding

That is what I used through the modmyi repo on cydia. for those don't know, it is located in the modmyi cydia repo--->tweaks-->t-mobile us -postpaid/flexpay carrier settings. This package is from sppokyet.

Also the version that I have is 1.0.5.3 which is the only on available i believe but just in case.
    Last edited by reynolds8481; 2009-07-09 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No crap!! go you!! V-VM almost here!!

Ok, what i was saying, as far as i know, my plan had two options... One was a blackberry data unlimited 19.99, and then the enterprise blackberry... Allowing sync with blackberry servers or some crap... n e ways.. I uninstalled the blackberry one.. and did the post/flex... And it's not working... Updated my .IPCC files.. WTF!! So upset..

I'M JUST F-ING WITH YOU!! GREAT WORK All went as planed.. Couple questions..

I can find the tether section for on and off in settings.. But what about MMS settings and V-VM settings..(like the WAP. and ****... not turning it on or off, or the carrier settings..) Is there an area to adjust them, or is it all hidden now? Is that what this really did.. Make it so it looks more like a AT&T phone.. (no adjustments) not like i want to make any, I just want to make sure i'm all set for the V-VM from T-MO..

Anyone know if they are just going to start rolling it out? or will it be something you ahve to call and ask for?

Again you rule... Going to add a donation..
    It does make it like an official phone, more T-Mobile Germany than AT&T. That menu is disabled until you install a non T-Mobile SIM. You are not set for VVM. I've been looking around, and I can't find the settings anywhere. 16th is just a marketing launch. The servers have been up and running for a while. epc.tmobile.com was available months before the G1 launch.

Once the T-Mo settings are published, the bundles will be updated. If you want it NOW, either search forums or call 611 and nag them for the information. They should have received training for VVM. That screenshot is for their training department. I hope they follow T-Mobile Germany and make it available for all accounts, even prepaid.

Quote Originally Posted by reynolds8481 View Post
    That is what I used through the modmyi repo on cydia. for those don't know, it is located in the modmyi cydia repo--->tweaks-->t-mobile us -postpaid/flexpay carrier settings. This package is from sppokyet.

Also the version that I have is 1.0.5.3 which is the only on available i believe but just in case.
    There are 7 packages in Cydia. All follow the "T-Mobile US - <PlanName>" format.

There are two other packages that are NOT mine. They are really old. Don't use them. They are "T-Mobile US Carrier" and "T-Mobile US Carrier (internet2)".

Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-09 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 18 of 103 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast