Page 16 of 103 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

For those of you on a regular plan like the new "Loyalty" plan like me that need the

internet2.voicestream.com for Web
    wap.voicestream.com for MMS

I have modified the .ipcc and attached it.
    It works for me.

hope this helps clear things up a little.

Directions: MAC.
    If you are on Mac like me, download the zip file,
    click "get info" change file name by removing the .zip, click "use .ipcc"
    then load through iTunes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    I have only changed my mind about the custom logo and 'Cellular Data Menu', which are not 'rules'. I've been very consistent about iPhone 2G (starting on page ONE) and Cydia hacks like WinterBoard.

I'm NOT capable of supporting it? You're being disrespectful. There is a huge first post. There is a screencast. There is a readme. There are tens of posts from me. 99% positive. I will not support lazy bastards who won't read or are complete incompetent idiots. Take, for example, the moron who asked what's prepay, flexpay, and postpay. Not to mention that they are standard, self explanatory English words, but he doesn't know WTF he bought from T-Mobile?

I am not making you pay for it. I haven't asked for donations; not, that anyone has offered.
    I am human too. I have limits. Shitty people bring out shitty attitudes. I'm not a fake-smiling customer support robot.
    Looks like you got in over your head, and now take it out on people that know less about it than you do. All I'm saying is maybe you need to chill a bit. Not everyone knows everything you know. I agree people need to learn to read and research...but lashing out at them only makes one of you look like an ***...

Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    For those of you on a regular plan like the new "Loyalty" plan like me that need the

internet2.voicestream.com for Web
    wap.voicestream.com for MMS

I have modified the .ipcc and attached it.
    It works for me.

hope this helps clear things up a little.

Directions: MAC.
    If you are on Mac like me, download the zip file,
    click "get info" change file name by removing the .zip, click "use .ipcc"
    then load through iTunes.
    Don't attach files here. It's confusing already. Send them via private message.
    What you have done is the Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy package.

Quote Originally Posted by way2fst4u View Post
    Looks like you got in over your head, and now take it out on people that know less about it than you do. All I'm saying is maybe you need to chill a bit. Not everyone knows everything you know. I agree people need to learn to read and research...but lashing out at them only makes one of you look like an ***...
    I'm not in over me head, mate. I'm chillin' drinkin' me tea and watching the rain. Soon, I shall be taking me visual meds by watching the lads on Top Gear. :-)
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-06 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm not in over me head, mate. I'm chillin' drinkin' me tea and watching the rain. Soon, I shall be taking me visual meds by watching the lads on Top Gear. :-)
    See, now we have something in common...I love that show!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

Me Too!

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madrich View Post
    I am unclear about T-Mobile US carrier support. I have prepaid plan. What will this Cydia download do? My 2G iPhone works great.
    FYI: I followed this thread and it works without using the Cydia app:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mo...ml#post4611661

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@Spooky:

I did not try the Prepaid one, I'll give that my next shot.

I dont know if this would make any sense, but maybe posting what each version has in terms of their settings? I know its a lot of work, but i think it might help some people, who already know what works for them or what has worked in the past, and maybe clear up some issues they are having. (not everyone knows enough to get into each plist and see what it contains, I did this for all the postpaid ones, but didn't think it made any sense to look into the prepaid ones since I don't have a prepaid plan)

I'd be willing to help and post what each ones does, but with your permission of coarse.

Quote Originally Posted by euology101 View Post
    @Spooky:

I did not try the Prepaid one, I'll give that my next shot.

I dont know if this would make any sense, but maybe posting what each version has in terms of their settings? I know its a lot of work, but i think it might help some people, who already know what works for them or what has worked in the past, and maybe clear up some issues they are having. (not everyone knows enough to get into each plist and see what it contains, I did this for all the postpaid ones, but didn't think it made any sense to look into the prepaid ones since I don't have a prepaid plan)

I'd be willing to help and post what each ones does, but with your permission of coarse.
    Check first post.

VISUAL VOICE MAIL

As you may have probably heard. T-Mobile USA will launch Visual Voice Mail (VVM) this July. Some say, on the 7th. I saw some leaked screenshots that say 16th. Nevertheless, that's just the marketing launch. No tech will flip the switch on that date. epc.tmobile.com was known months before the G1 was launched.

I challenge you to search, browse, research tech forums, IRC chats, blogs to find the VVM settings for T-Mobile USA. They may have been leaked somewhere.

Thank you.

First, look for an APN. That's the most important.
    Then look for a beacon address, looks like an SMS short code.
    Then look for a beacon service centre. It's an SMS gateway number.

Sample config from an a bundle.

<key>com.apple.voicemail.imap</key>
    <dict>
    <key>AuthenticationScheme</key>
    <string>DIGEST-MD5</string>
    <key>BeaconAddress</key>
    <string>129004</string>
    <key>BeaconServiceCenter</key>
    <string>+38970000501</string>
    <key>ClientManagesTrash</key>
    <false/>
    <key>GreetingNotification</key>
    <true/>
    <key>MaxGreetingDuration</key>
    <integer>20</integer>
    <key>MaxPINLength</key>
    <integer>6</integer>
    <key>MinPINLength</key>
    <integer>4</integer>
    <key>UsesMWI</key>
    <false/>
    <key>UsesSSL</key>
    <false/>
    </dict>
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-06 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

euology101 (2009-07-06)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Check first post.
    Did i miss these or did you just post them? I tried the prepaid like you suggested, but same deal, no go, I get all the settings to show up by even SMS won't send. Everyone i have installed i get the common problem where I lose service every couple minutes, then get it back randomly, over and over. It's annoying. I get similar symptoms when i input the MMS settings manually also. I'm going to keep looking for a solution to that.

Did i miss these or did you just post them? I tried the prepaid like you suggested, but same deal, no go, I get all the settings to show up by even SMS won't send. Everyone i have installed i get the common problem where I lose service every couple minutes, then get it back randomly, over and over. It's annoying. I get similar symptoms when i input the MMS settings manually also. I'm going to keep looking for a solution to that.
    It's your phone, dude. It's not the bundles. Put the SMS in a different phone. Reset your network settings in Settings > General > Reset.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's your phone, dude. It's not the bundles. Put the SMS in a different phone. Reset your network settings in Settings > General > Reset.
    I know the issues with the phone losing service has nothing to do with your bundles, but they do have to do with the settings in general. I have reset the network settings, before and after installing your bundles. It's also the only way to clear the issues once i remove the bundles. Did you mean put the Sim in a different phone?

SpookyET, will you be updating the carrier bundle for VVM when it debuts? I wasn't sure if that was something you'd be willing to do, if not, Could you possibly post a how to guide on how to modify carrier bundles so that I can learn for myself?
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.

Default My Status
    Uninstalled everything related to T-Mobile custom carrier logo and MMS enabling on 2G iPhone then rebooted.

iPhone version: 2G
    iPhone Firmware version: 3.0
    T-Mobile USA voice plan: Unlimited Loyalty
    T-Mobile USA data plan name: T-MobileWeb ($5.99)
    T-Mobile IPCC file name you used: t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid.ipcc

I used SpookyET's ipcc, just fyi.

Works: MMS (receiving and sending from myself and others), Internet
    Doesn't Show: Tethering, Cellular Data Network

... as of Monday, July 6, 2009 1:04am Eastern
    Last edited by jacobesterque; 2009-07-06 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by jacobesterque View Post
    Uninstalled everything related to T-Mobile custom carrier logo and MMS enabling on 2G iPhone then rebooted.

iPhone version: 2G
    iPhone Firmware version: 3.0
    T-Mobile USA voice plan: Unlimited Loyalty
    T-Mobile USA data plan name: T-MobileWeb ($5.99)
    T-Mobile IPCC file name you used: t-mobile-us-postpaid_flexpaid.ipcc

I used SpookyET's ipcc, just fyi.

Works: MMS (receiving and sending from myself), Internet
    Doesn't Show: Tethering, Cellular Data Network

... as of Monday, July 6, 2009 1:04am Eastern
    How can you possibly send MMS after uninstalling the MMS hack?

I will be updating the bundles for visual voicemail once I find the settings published somewhere.

Thanks

I know the issues with the phone losing service has nothing to do with your bundles, but they do have to do with the settings in general. I have reset the network settings, before and after installing your bundles. It's also the only way to clear the issues once i remove the bundles. Did you mean put the Sim in a different phone?
    From all problems some people are having with theses apps, it seems that the carrier settings are not universal and do not work for all the sims or plans. I agree that publishing the settiings might help. You could also call Tmobile technical support for aid on the settings.
    Last edited by madrich; 2009-07-06 at 02:21 PM.

It's not the bundles that are the problem. It's the crap that people installnon their phone and interfear.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madrich View Post
    From all problems some people are having with theses apps, it seems that the carrier settings are not universal and do not work for all the sims or plans. I agree that publishing the settiings might help. You could also call Tmobile technical support for aid on the settings.
    I do not disagree with you that could be conflicts with another app. However, from my own experience I had to try multiple settings manually. Maybe that's the way to go install the APN s and other setting manually, and if they work match with the corresponding carrier bundle
    but you have to publish them for us to match it.
    Last edited by madrich; 2009-07-06 at 05:00 PM.

As I have said before, check first post.

Thanks

As I have said before, check first post.
    Thanks that should help everyone, but what about the other settings? I don't think they universally the same?

MMSC: xxxx.xxx.xxx.xx/servlets/mms
    Proxy: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL:

Page 16 of 103 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast