Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Contract Required with Postpaid?

Default T-Mobile Contract Required with Postpaid?
    Hello all,
    I am currently using my iphone 3G with the prepaid sidekick plan and it's been working great - this was done more to test things out than anything else.
    Now I'd like to get a voice and data plan. Essentially, if I use their website, their basic family plan with the $9.99 web2go data plan is what I'd like to get for my two iphones.
    The question is, can I get this without a contract/phone? On the website you need to buy a phone and get a contract (2 years). If I went to my local T-Mobile store and told them I saw this plan online and I have a couple of razrs, should I be able to walk out with a couple of sims and pay my bill month to month without a contract? If no, what's the minimum contract I should be able to get?

Thanks!

EDIT: OK, my bad. I searched in the forums and nothing was found for 'contract' - I didn't notice that it was filtered for being too common a word (?!?). Anyways, using google to search the forums, I found the answer to my question.

For what it's worth, I went to the T-Mobile store, told them I had a pair of razrs, and walked out with two sims with their family plan 700, and the web2go on each phone. Upon getting home, I switched the APN to internet2.voicestream.com and things were working.

SLOWLY. The sidekick prepaid card using the hiptop APN was quite a bit faster IMO.
    Last edited by DoubleAA; 2009-07-01 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Found answer....