Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2g push idea.....

Default 2g push idea.....
    For those of us still living without push (2g, tmo) I realized that the ipod touch has push notifications.....do you think someone could trick the apple servers into thinking its an ipod touch and enabling push?

Wait a minute, since when do 2g's not have push?

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Wait a minute, since when do 2g's not have push?
    he probably thinks that the reason why 2gs dont have push because its the 2g iphone

but when the real reason why is ultrasn0w wasnt working with push

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

push is working for me im on a 2G theres other threads out here how to get it working just need the required tools

Quote Originally Posted by tnisatard View Post
    he probably thinks that the reason why 2gs dont have push because its the 2g iphone

but when the real reason why is ultrasn0w wasnt working with push
    no actually I dont think that. I posted this in the t-mo forum because push is not working with hacktivated 2g iphones. Ive had my iphone on t-mo from the second it came out of the box back in 2007. I dont have access to an active AT&T sim. I tried a prepaid sim but it doesnt work. I see that it doesnt work for some people with active att sims as well. I hope there is an easier way eventually. Which is why I mentioned the ipod touch.....I saw the mms thread here so I figure there are some crafty people here that may be able to make it work.

If you dont have access to an ATT sim then you wont be able to get push working. Yet.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

^^ That is correct

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAkD View Post
    no actually I dont think that. I posted this in the t-mo forum because push is not working with hacktivated 2g iphones. Ive had my iphone on t-mo from the second it came out of the box back in 2007. I dont have access to an active AT&T sim. I tried a prepaid sim but it doesnt work. I see that it doesnt work for some people with active att sims as well. I hope there is an easier way eventually. Which is why I mentioned the ipod touch.....I saw the mms thread here so I figure there are some crafty people here that may be able to make it work.
    thats what im hoping too..now since i have MMS, all i need is Push on my phone

It is not a matter of simply finding an AT&T sim. You need to find a legit AT&T iPhone 2g user and use that sim. It goes to say not all of us have the luck to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Decon Meiou View Post
    It is not a matter of simply finding an AT&T sim. You need to find a legit AT&T iPhone 2g user and use that sim. It goes to say not all of us have the luck to go that route.
    Um thats incorrect. ANY ATT sim, either activated or not will work.

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Um thats incorrect. ANY ATT sim, either activated or not will work.
    tried both ATT sims, one of which is a legit 2g iphone user.

when i pop it in my iphone, it asked me to register and go thru the whole process..

now i am out of ideas..
    2006 Honda CBR600RR

Oh shoot I forgot that 2G's do that. I dont know a way around that im sorry. Sorry for the mis-information and wasting your time.

I was under the impression that others were using legit iPhone sims to get their 2gs pushing.

yeah there is alot of confusion cause the 3g is so easy to get working since you can even use an inactive sim. us 2g users are still mostly left out in the dark but I have faith. we got native MMS working, I think its only a matter of time that push is easier and a2dp is eventually ported back to the 2g