Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mo 3G on 3G S⃣ ?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Default T-Mo 3G on 3G S⃣ ?
    Sorry if its been posted, Ive searched and couldnt find anything. I read that the 3G S⃣'s 3G frequencies are different than the 3G's or something and that the 3G S⃣ could potentially work on T-Mo's 3G network in the US when its unlocked. Is this true or no?
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 2009-06-30 at 02:51 AM.
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Sorry if its been posted, Ive searched and couldnt find anything. I read that the 3G S⃣'s 3G frequencies are different than the 3G's or something and that the 3G S⃣ could potentially work on T-Mo's 3G network in the US when its unlocked. Is this true or no?
    Nope, the frequencies for the iPhone's 3G and T-mo are still different. Sorry...

Hey, at least we mostly pay double digit bills, and not $120's like AT&T's iphone users...
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

Oh, I heard the 3G S⃣ 's chip accepts a wider range of frequencies, including t-mobile's, because AT&T is employing a wider range of 3G frequency for their own 3G service
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Oh, I heard the 3G S⃣ 's chip accepts a wider range of frequencies, including t-mobile's, because AT&T is employing a wider range of 3G frequency for their own 3G service
    Nope, doesn't work....at least not in the US. There was a thread about this a few weeks ago. There was a confusion regarding the frequency numbers but it was later clarified and proven that it does not work.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

Bernie-Mac (2009-06-30)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Nope, doesn't work....at least not in the US. There was a thread about this a few weeks ago. There was a confusion regarding the frequency numbers but it was later clarified and proven that it does not work.
    Ah I see, thanks.
    iLive an iLife

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, dont know if it was proven thought.. There is no unlock out, can't prove it yet...

I'll tell you this.. I have a 2G and a 3G and a 3Gs.. guess what... when i put my sim in the 3Gs... I do get signal bars... Can't use it... still get them... don't know if its on edge or not.. testing will continue.. It will work on t-mo... the question is... will our 3G work on T-mo? And untill the unlock is out, (unless you work for att-t-mo- and apple on this issue, don't answer) we really don't know..

But, lets put it this way... the chance that 3G will work......SLIM... Edge...no problem..

Let's keep the glass half full, and not half empty!!

T*** dev, MOD My I, spaz, mussel nerd, and the rest!!
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.