Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question! Data plan!

Default Question! Data plan!
    I am sorry if this has been asked a million times, but with my Tmobile account if I get the blackberry data plan will it work with my Iphone so I can surf the internet, receive email, etc? I am considering doing this because I also have a blackberry as my backup phone and I wouldnt mind switching from one to another on different occasions. Can this work? If so what settings do I have to use on my Iphone to make the BB data plan work correctly? I have a White 16GB 3G with the updated software. Thanks for your help!

Why not get the Web2Go Unlimited Web and Text plan for $20? It'll save you $5 a month... Check it out here: Web2Go Plan

I did not think the Web2Go plan worked.

Quote Originally Posted by tjlamro View Post
    I did not think the Web2Go plan worked.
    It works with the iPhone. Web2Go is the data plan I'm using with my iphone.

Okay well can anyone tell me if the blackberry data plan works as well?

Thanks

Okay well can anyone tell me if the blackberry data plan works as well?
    Yes, it will work:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...ited-plan.html

But you're wasting money. If you just want unlimited data, you can get the $9.99 web2go plan. If you want unlimited data+text, you can get the $19.99 plan.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

I already have unlimited text on my plan. So I can add the web2go for 9.99? Will they do it for me if I call. Also what settings do I have to use to make the Web2Go plan work?

Thanks

I already have unlimited text on my plan. So I can add the web2go for 9.99? Will they do it for me if I call. Also what settings do I have to use to make the Web2Go plan work?
    Well, do you have the $14.99 unlimited text plan? Because if you get the $9.99 web2go, you would pay $25 a month. Why don't you just get the $19.99 unlimited data + unlimited text? Save you $5 a month...

Just call them from an old phone (not your iPhone) and ask to add the unlimited web2go service. That should do it. When you have it added, go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network and type in internet2.voicestream.com

That's it..enjoy!
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

I am sorry if this has been asked a million times, but with my Tmobile account if I get the blackberry data plan will it work with my Iphone so I can surf the internet, receive email, etc? I am considering doing this because I also have a blackberry as my backup phone and I wouldnt mind switching from one to another on different occasions. Can this work? If so what settings do I have to use on my Iphone to make the BB data plan work correctly? I have a White 16GB 3G with the updated software. Thanks for your help!
    The blackberry plan does work with the iPhone. It's the plan I was using until recently as I also had a bb for a backup. If you still want all of the functions when you use the bb you will need the bb plan. Sadly it is more expensive but you get all of the features on both of your phones which is hopefully worth paying the extra for you.