Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to activate push on 3.0 2g phones,tmobile

Default how to activate push on 3.0 2g phones,tmobile
    1st u need an att sim card why?? u need the phone to say waiting for activation
    how do u know if its good??
    u need to re-lock ur phone with bootneuter in cydia
    restore to 3.0 with ur att sim inside
    when ur done itunes should nooooooot give u the att page to activate...the phone should say waiting for activation(the phone should be connected to ur pc or mac at the time)
    install tap tap from apple store (free) open the app to have push active
    with att sim in use redsn0w to unlock and jb
    wait till phone is on again
    change sim card with tmobile one
    reboot then u will get a message phone is activated

3g phones the same thing ...wait for activation message,,,redsn0w for jb...ultrasn0w,reboot with tmobile sim

in general u need the phone to be activated with att sim till someone finds another way

post ur try plz
    if it works dont forget to hit the thanxs
    enjoy
    DFU Restore Mode:

1. Power phone OFF. 2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds. 3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.

I could not re-lock the phone by downloading boot neutter. so when I did restore it I was asked to register with ATT. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterFuelPhil View Post
    I could not re-lock the phone by downloading boot neutter. so when I did restore it I was asked to register with ATT. What should I do?
    u need an active att sim that is able to activate the phone
    bootneuter will aske u to reboot then when u reboot open it again and flash ur phone,,,tern all switches off
    DFU Restore Mode:

1. Power phone OFF. 2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds. 3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.

I have an unactivated ATT Sim card that just came off its credit card holder. Ran Boot Neuter and then rebooted, still unlocked so I restored and it went to the ATT registration page.

Quote Originally Posted by reddevilseye View Post
    1st u need an att sim card why?? u need the phone to say waiting for activation
    how do u know if its good??
    u need to re-lock ur phone with bootneuter in cydia
    restore to 3.0 with ur att sim inside
    when ur done itunes should nooooooot give u the att page to activate...the phone should say waiting for activation(the phone should be connected to ur pc or mac at the time)
    install tap tap from apple store (free) open the app to have push active
    with att sim in use redsn0w to unlock and jb
    wait till phone is on again
    change sim card with tmobile one
    reboot then u will get a message phone is activated

3g phones the same thing ...wait for activation message,,,redsn0w for jb...ultrasn0w,reboot with tmobile sim

in general u need the phone to be activated with att sim till someone finds another way

post ur try plz
    if it works dont forget to hit the thanxs
    enjoy
    so i have to restore the phone to original from itunes? if so, can i do a backup and restore it?

the att card u have is no good
    u need an active card theat can activate ur phone,itunes should aske u to restor frombackup or to set as a new phone,if u get that screen thet means ur sim is good,
    if ur sim is good u will get this screen

Quote Originally Posted by mxlu View Post
    so i have to restore the phone to original from itunes? if so, can i do a backup and restore it?
    relock first then restore,
    backup i didnt try, it was set as new phone
    Last edited by reddevilseye; 2009-06-29 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    DFU Restore Mode:

Quote Originally Posted by Pcpro745 View Post
    no its not there they r saying u need an inactivated sim which is not the case herand they only say the 3g no 2g fix.
    DFU Restore Mode:

I am thinking the only way to relock and start fresh is to go back to 1.1.4 reflash the old baseband and the upgrade back. Since the unlocking is done in the baseband the only way to be sure that it's relocked is to reflash the baseband. If someone knows how to reflash the current baseband without going all the way back to 1.1.4 I would like to know.

Maybe using this guide: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1536
    Last edited by Anijake; 2009-06-29 at 10:23 PM. Reason: added link

Thanks

Thanks.......... This Worked For Me. I used my company's blackberry bold sim card which is At&t. Loving The Push!

so can you use any sim that's activated under AT&T or does it have to be previous activated with an iphone?

Thanks
    This method only works for 3G phones NOT 2G PHONES! We all will have to wait until the Dev-Team fixes the error and releases an upate
    ALL THEY DO IS DRINK, SMOKE DOPE, AND TELL JOKES TO THE OLD FOLKS

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddevilseye View Post
    no its not there they r saying u need an inactivated sim which is not the case herand they only say the 3g no 2g fix.

yes that thread shows the 2G fix read through it thats how i found out how to get it working, Oh well whatever works! but its working now someone needs to get it stickied!

we got two guys saying this works as long as you have an AT&T sim that works, and the standing theory is that you need an at&t sim that is in a legit/activated at&t iphone already. can someone PLEASE chime in with their experiences... lets get some confirmation here people... the internets want to know...

Thanks

ive gotten it working with my ATT sim on 3 2G's and two 3G's all but one was redsn0w

When I used my friends AT&T sim from his 3G iphone, itunes asked to verify the account asking for billing address and last 4 of his social. I stopped at that point cause I did not know if it would do anything to his account of phone. Is this what you did? Does entering in the info cause any damage to hs account or phone?

Thanks

didnt have to enter any info, it should just pop up as a iphone, the iphone will say waiting for activation and that should be it

Maybe cause I was doing it on my computer and not his? Did you do it on the computer that the sim was previously activated on?

Thanks

nah, i did all the phones with my laptop that sim had never seen my laptop before till i started using it to activate phones