Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS ON IPHONE 2G!!!!!!!! No Joke

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default MMS ON IPHONE 2G!!!!!!!! No Joke
    Yes People its been done... They said that we where crazy that we where mad, But F-U we told them.

but in other news yes MMS is on the iphone 2G (Tmobile Tested)and working 100% if you have the right settings.I will be posting a video on youtube as soon as i go down to riverside and have signal for my iphone

(edit !!!!) the stuff below is an manual install you can download the package from via cydia the name of the app is called activatemms2g its the same thing as below just so you dont mess up your iphone trying do it with ssh

PLZ comment with any problems

How to make mms on 2g with 3.0 firmware.
    1. For install copy mms2g.deb to iphone in folder, for example /var/root
    2. Then in same folder (/var/root) in terminal input: dpkg -i mms2g.deb
    3. Reboot.
    or
    1. Extract files from Patch.zip to iphone to folders same as arhive. For CommCenter chmod 755.
    2. Reboot.

In settings adjust apn, user, password.

Enjoy =D http://rapidshare.de/files/47688267/mms2g.zip.html or http://www.sendspace.com/file/nllpyn or http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OWPUGS1P

Not Made By Me just edited some files ect to make it work

I have found out how to get the sidekick plan to work with IPHONE WITH NO APN EDITS!!!!!!!!!!!

[ame]http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4629931#post4629931[/ame]
    Last edited by cocoabean772; 2009-06-29 at 05:31 PM.

Moved to proper forum.

can anyone confirm this working!?!?!

Theres also now an app that does the same thing from cydia, its called activatemms2g

I installed it via cydia..
    after a roboot it did have the settings availible in the network > cellular data settings
    But the MMS APN wont stick... the wap.voicestream.com part..
    it keeps clearing itself out whenever I go out and back into the settings. Driving me crazy.
    I have the camera button now in the messages app, but it wont ever finish sending.

This happening to anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    I installed it via cydia..
    after a roboot it did have the settings availible in the network > cellular data settings
    But the MMS APN wont stick... the wap.voicestream.com part..
    it keeps clearing itself out whenever I go out and back into the settings. Driving me crazy.
    I have the camera button now in the messages app, but it wont ever finish sending.

This happening to anyone else?
    Yea its happening to me too...I was trying to figure out a way to fix that so that the mms apn would stay in there.

When I first installed via Cydia my phone was in a continuous reboot. I restored and installed again. Now i have the setting options and the camera icon in the messages application but my "APN" setting will not stick. So i can't send messages. Please help.

MMS works perfectly for me!

2G iPhone 3.0 on T-Mobile USA.

Installed activatemms2g via cydia. Much easier. Configured MMS settings once and everything works.

One question, what configuration options do I put in to make the images send larger?

Quote Originally Posted by Geekster View Post
    MMS works perfectly for me!

2G iPhone 3.0 on T-Mobile USA.

Installed activatemms2g via cydia. Much easier. Configured MMS settings once and everything works.

One question, what configuration options do I put in to make the images send larger?
    There is no config settings for that... someone needs to hack the plist some more so that it shows a different phone profile or identifier... cause when it tells the Tmobile servers its an iPhone, since its not a recognized device it will downgrade it to the lowest resolution possible... swirly would fake the profile as a Nokia or a Motorola, and thats why the pics would come out so nice.

I downloaded this app on my 2G, but I did not have the 3.0 firmware and am still on the AT&T network. Now my phone is stuck showing the apple logo and all efforts to reboot, restore, etc... have failed. Please provide any suggestions on how to unfreeze my device and have iTunes recognize it again. Cardiac arrest has been in effect for 7 hours now. PLEASE HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdoglbc1527 View Post
    I downloaded this app on my 2G, but I did not have the 3.0 firmware and am still on the AT&T network. Now my phone is stuck showing the apple logo and all efforts to reboot, restore, etc... have failed. Please provide any suggestions on how to unfreeze my device and have iTunes recognize it again. Cardiac arrest has been in effect for 7 hours now. PLEASE HELP!!!
    I've been reading some forums and it sounds like if you arent on 3.0 and download this it will do the constant reboot and you might have to just restore the phone to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blochead21 View Post
    I've been reading some forums and it sounds like if you arent on 3.0 and download this it will do the constant reboot and you might have to just restore the phone to fix it.
    That's what I've been trying to do for the past few hours, but iTunes won't even recognize the phone. It's stuck in the abyss!
    iTunes is 8.2 version. Suggestions?

That's what I've been trying to do for the past few hours, but iTunes won't even recognize the phone. It's stuck in the abyss!
    iTunes is 8.2 version. Suggestions?
    Put it into DFU mode or into Recovery Mode?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blochead21 For This Useful Post:

bigdoglbc1527 (2009-06-29)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

All APN's have to be the same. you cant have 1

internet2.voicestream.com

and the other

wap.voicestream.com

they have to be the same.

Put it into DFU mode or into Recovery Mode?
    And how might I be able to do that? What is DFU mode, exactly? And how do I get into it?
    Thanks for your help, BTW.

And how might I be able to do that? What is DFU mode, exactly? And how do I get into it?
    Thanks for your help, BTW.
    To get into DFU mode, plug in the phone.

Hold the power and home button for ten seconds or until the pc a noise(that noise where it recognizes a USB)

Then after the ten seconds release the power and continue to hold the home button untill the pc make that same noise again, its usually about 20 seconds.

If you like the help, hit thanks!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Blochead21 For This Useful Post:

bigdoglbc1527 (2009-06-29)

Thanks

Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    I just changed my APN to wap.voicestream.com, it's interesting to see that T-Mobile seems to have opened all port via that APN (before they blocked the hell out of everything, hence the reason for the proxy hack).

Anyway, I sent an MMS to myself and it sent fine (without the 5 minute lag some are reporting) and promptly received it (of course, the image was scaled down).

Working Steps (T-Mobile USA):

1) Install the hack via Cydia (Reboot)
    2) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and tap Reset Settings
    3) Reboot
    4) Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and input wap.voicestream.com for both APNs and use these settings:

MMS APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200 (300kb limit)
    MMS UA Prof URL: wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml (meant to fix the small image size issue but doesn't seem to be working)

5) Reboot
    6) Settings -> Messages and check that MMS Messaging is on.

You should now be able to send picture messages. No need for the carrier update.

Here is another T-Mobile USA MMS setting:

[MMS] APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username: [Leave blank]
    Password: [Leave blank]
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Side note: Does anyone know if this guy has PayPal? I am definitely donating!

EDIT: List of more profiles: List of available UAProf profiles
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westc0ast For This Useful Post:

jsmith74 (2009-07-01), Rebelaundry (2009-09-18)

To get into DFU mode, plug in the phone.

Hold the power and home button for ten seconds or until the pc a noise(that noise where it recognizes a USB)

Then after the ten seconds release the power and continue to hold the home button untill the pc make that same noise again, its usually about 20 seconds.

If you like the help, hit thanks!
    FERRIS BUELLER, YOU'RE MY HERO!!!
    Seems to have worked. The phone is actually doing something now.
    Will let you know how it works out. Updating to 3.0 firmware now.

Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    All APN's have to be the same. you cant have 1

internet2.voicestream.com

and the other

wap.voicestream.com

they have to be the same.
    NOT TRUE! Mine actually only work when they are different. internet2. for the edge and wap. for mms was the only way I got it to work. (on my 3G)
    Last edited by justinclark; 2009-06-29 at 02:26 AM.

Thats great and all, but im on at&t and it doesnt work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast