Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: when I send a group txt on 3.0 it does group mms?

Default when I send a group txt on 3.0 it does group mms?
    Ok I have an iPhone 3g running 3.0 unlocked and I have mms working but when I want to send a group txt I send it and it says at the top it's a group mms and my friends that recurve the txt said it shows that I sent a multimedia message with a txt??

I noticed the same thing.. A workaround would be nice that didn't include de-activating MMS.

I'm sending em one by one which is tedious, but it's all I can do for now.

yea i know it takes awhile

To send it as a group SMS instead of a groupMMS, then go into settings > messages > MMS messageing OFF
    then it will send as an SMS.

But here is the difference: Incase your wondering...
    1) When you send a group MMS, you are only being charged for one MMS... so even if you added 25 contacts to the group message, when sent as a groupMMS it only charges you for 1 MMS.... When sent as a groupSMS it will charge you for 25 SMS messages.

2) The GroupMMS is threaded! So when people reply to your MMS message, it will thread their reply into the group conversation... so it becomes kind of like a group chat... and cooler yet, if any of your recipients also have iPhones, they will see all the people involved in the GroupMMS chat... and will see all the replies as well. If you were to send it as a GroupSMS, then every reply you recieve to your message would go into that senders specific conversation.

So it was done for a reason... but I prefer the groupSMS over the groupMMS, cause I have an unlimited SMS plan, and although it was designed to be cheaper for me... I think of the other people that might be getting charged more for recieving the MMS, than the standard SMS.

see the thing is I don't want to have to be toggling that switch on/off whenever I want to mass message friends.

iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes this is a pain in the *** as some of my group recipients are pre-3.0 iPhone users so my simple "yall wanna go eat tonight?" appears as a link to an At&t website to retrieve the message....FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by JA.3 View Post
    see the thing is I don't want to have to be toggling that switch on/off whenever I want to mass message friends.
    we will have to wait till someone makes a simple SBSettings toggle for this.