Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g 3.0 Jailbroken/Unlocked T-mobile Internet & Youtube

Default iPhone 3g 3.0 Jailbroken/Unlocked T-mobile Internet & Youtube
    Today I underwent the internet setup and figured out the best way to do it as of 6/25/09.

T-zones has been eliminated, updated to Web2Go... cheapest setup is 19.95 (unless grandfathered). (Unlimited Web and Unlimited Text).

This if for "Phone-First Phones" I just flat out told them I have an iPhone and i want the 19.95. They said well you need the $24.99 or the $34.99. Again i said "I don't have Edge in my location and I can't justify it" And then he signed me up for it.

The old setup was 9.99 for 100mb web. They made it unlimited (according 2 two service reps). So no overages or nothing.

I setup my APN as internet2.voicestream.com

Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network>Cellular Data-> APN

...I couldn't get youtube to work for the life of me on GPRS so I just downloaded MxTube via Cydia and it worked like a charm.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had unlock my Iphone 3g with the new firmware 3.0 and now i cant get either the APN settings on the phone or the T-mobile edge internet can someone tell me what to do please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dread33 View Post
    I had unlock my Iphone 3g with the new firmware 3.0 and now i cant get either the APN settings on the phone or the T-mobile edge internet can someone tell me what to do please?
    Go to Settings > General> Network

Make sure 3G is turned off.

Go to Cellular Data Network
    Type in "internet2.voicestream.com" or "epc.tmobile.com" (depending on your data plan).

Go Back
    Turn Data Roaming On

Do not configure VPN

As long as you have a data plan, you should be able to go online
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

booyuhka (2009-06-27), reposed (2009-07-12)

Thats what i did to make it work.
    No offense- but way to be a week or two behind my 2 month hell search on how the f*** to make this work.

Although i'd love for it to stop just dropping singal and losing my sim card. thats next on my list of things to fix.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well In new York they Dont Give u those plans any more cheapest deal is 24.99 unlimited Data if lucky $400 msgs for unlimited msgs and data 34.99 ....Thats wat i just upgraded to everything works great to youtube,maps,weather,itunes,sms.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TwIsTeD2075 View Post
    well In new York they Dont Give u those plans any more cheapest deal is 24.99 unlimited Data if lucky $400 msgs for unlimited msgs and data 34.99 ....Thats wat i just upgraded to everything works great to youtube,maps,weather,itunes,sms.....
    Yes they do...and with the Web2Go everything that you mentioned works as well. You just have to know how to get the plan. Don't mention the iPhone, call from a dumbphone, get a good representative, do it on chat, there are so many ways to avoid getting any of the $24.99 or $34.99 plans. You are paying for the same plan that a G1 user pays, except the G1 user will get 3G speeds and you will be stuck with EDGE. This is my philosophy of why you are overpaying with the G1 plans. But if you don't mind paying extra $200 a year then stick with it...
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Default i want conect the internet on tmobile