Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: $9.99 unlimited Web2go plan?

Default $9.99 unlimited Web2go plan?
    For the last couple days I've been trying to add the $5.99 T-zones unlimited plan onto my friend's iPhone. After nearly 15 calls to T-mobile they wont add it. I did called from a razr and samsung x475 but still no luck. In addition I did mention the "TZUNL599" and still nothing.

Anyways I just wanted to verify that the Web2go plan will work with the iPhone before I add it.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe270 View Post
    For the last couple days I've been trying to add the $5.99 T-zones unlimited plan onto my friend's iPhone. After nearly 15 calls to T-mobile they wont add it. I did called from a razr and samsung x475 but still no luck. In addition I did mention the "TZUNL599" and still nothing.

Anyways I just wanted to verify that the Web2go plan will work with the iPhone before I add it.

Thanks
    Yes, use internet2.voicestream.com as your APN. I'm on that same plan, except its $19.99 for unlimited text as well. But yes it does work for the iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Yes, use internet2.voicestream.com as your APN. I'm on that same plan, except its $19.99 for unlimited text as well. But yes it does work for the iPhone
    I just added the plan it works fine in safari. It appears youtube doesn't work... Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

I just added the plan it works fine in safari. It appears youtube doesn't work... Is there a fix for this?
    It sure works for me...what APN settings are you using? Maybe your connection is too slow and times out, since we are dealing with edge. Youtube videos are so ridiculously slow on edge that it's not even worth the battery. Although I have heard some people having issues with the Youtube app in the new 3.0
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

n/m it works. It's just SLOW as hell. Oh well at least it works...

FYI I'm using internet2.voicestream.com F/W 2.2.1

Thanks

n/m it works. It's just SLOW as hell. Oh well at least it works...

FYI I'm using internet2.voicestream.com F/W 2.2.1
    Yeah, I would avoid using it just because it will cause your battery to drain. Internet over cellular data for prolonged periods of time does this. When I listen to Pandora in my car, my phone gets annoyingly hot. And when I forget to power it, the battery's gone.

I was looking at this plan as well. Is 'unlimited' truly unlimited? On their site the $19.99 for unlimited internet and messaging specifies 100MB, but the $9.99 does not. I'm using the pre-paid sidekick plan now and after 3 days, I'm already at 28MB received according to the phone usage.

Thanks!

Aaron

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleAA View Post
    I was looking at this plan as well. Is 'unlimited' truly unlimited? On their site the $19.99 for unlimited internet and messaging specifies 100MB, but the $9.99 does not. I'm using the pre-paid sidekick plan now and after 3 days, I'm already at 28MB received according to the phone usage.

Thanks!

Aaron
    Yes, it's truly unlimited. I don't know where you are reading 100mb, that's the previous cap. I've had this plan for 2 bill cycles. Ive gone over 100mb on both and have paid no overage charges. Check out the tmobile website:

Unsupported Browser
    Last edited by adp; 2009-06-29 at 02:18 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

DoubleAA (2009-06-29)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleAA View Post

Thanks!

Aaron
    When I ordered the data plan over the phone the T-mobile Rep assured me the Web2go is unlimited.

Also, Make sure you're using a shitty old cell phone when calling T-mo. Every time you call T-mo the cell phone sends the IMEI to T-mobile. If the CS Rep sees you're using a iPhone they will want you to pay a Smart Phone data plan which is $25 a month...
    Last edited by Joe270; 2009-06-29 at 03:34 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

When I ordered the data plan over the phone the T-mobile Rep assured me the Web2go is unlimited.

Also, Make sure you're using a shitty old cell phone when calling T-mo. Every time you call T-mo the cell phone sends the IMEI to T-mobile. If the CS Rep sees you're using a iPhone they will want you to pay a Smart Phone data plan which is $25 a month...
    Good to know, this will make a bunch of people happy.

Default Web2Go on Prepaid SIM?
    I just activated my Prepaid SIM last night using the SideKick data plan ($1/day unlimited data). I've heard a lot of mention of the Web2Go plan, which is $19.99/month unlimited. Since the Web2Go is cheaper than the SideKick, can I switch to it even though I have a Prepaid account? If so, what's the easiest way to do so?

Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can activate the $9.99 plan but you need a Shadow IMEI to activate, from what I did. The plan is the Tmobile Shadow unlimited Web plan but you HAVE to use internet2.voicestream.com to access internet.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaCaelum5 View Post
    You can activate the $9.99 plan but you need a Shadow IMEI to activate, from what I did. The plan is the Tmobile Shadow unlimited Web plan but you HAVE to use internet2.voicestream.com to access internet.
    You dont need a Shadow IMEI, The $9.99 Web2Go plan replaced the $5.99 T-zones. The new $9.99 data plan is intended for phones that use T-zones and the Shadow cell phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can you just sign up for the regular $9.99 plan then? Does EDGE work with the wap.voicestream.com APN? on this plan?

Default Question...
    So can I switch off my smart-phone plan with them, call up from a different phone, and add the web2go plan almost instantly, just telling them I lost my iPhone?

Another thing, I have already have the internet2.voicestream.com adress for my APN as instructed for my smart-phone plan, so after I change it will all apps that rely on it(i.e.)cydia, maps, xgps, mail, and heres the big one, MMS still work even if they say I need to use another APN besides internet2.voicestream.com APN?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scariola View Post
    So can I switch off my smart-phone plan with them, call up from a different phone, and add the web2go plan almost instantly, just telling them I lost my iPhone?

Another thing, I have already have the internet2.voicestream.com adress for my APN as instructed for my smart-phone plan, so after I change it will all apps that rely on it(i.e.)cydia, maps, xgps, mail, and heres the big one, MMS still work even if they say I need to use another APN besides internet2.voicestream.com APN?
    Yes, just call from a crappy phone and you'll be fine. And the web2go also uses internet2 so you should be fine with the APN.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaCaelum5 View Post
    Can you just sign up for the regular $9.99 plan then? Does EDGE work with the wap.voicestream.com APN? on this plan?
    If you're talking about web2go, it only works with internet2.voicestream.com - And yes you can sign up (I'm not 100% sure about pre-paid users)
    Last edited by adp; 2009-06-30 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

scariola (2009-06-30)

Default Unlimited Web for phones $9.99/month*
    Im in a similar situation. I have an unlocked iPhone that im currently using on T-Mobile. Im in a family plan that has unlimited domestic messages for everyone. If i want to add unlimited edge service(Web2go) can i just add the $9.99 web2go and not the $19.99(web2go+unlimited messages) since i already have unlimited messages on my account? Will that cover emails and everything else?

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tpt946 View Post
    Im in a similar situation. I have an unlocked iPhone that im currently using on T-Mobile. Im in a family plan that has unlimited domestic messages for everyone. If i want to add unlimited edge service(Web2go) can i just add the $9.99 web2go and not the $19.99(web2go+unlimited messages) since i already have unlimited messages on my account? Will that cover emails and everything else?
    It will work. I have the same arrangement and was able to add the $9.99 unlimited web2go without any problems. Just identify a phone that web2go is compatible with and then say which line you want it on. Some people say you can't call from your iPhone because they pick up what phone you're calling from, but I don't think so. I called from my iPhone and I was fine. I said it was for a TMobile Shadow phone and had to provide an IMEI (Found one on google)- done! Good luck!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to RaginAsian55 For This Useful Post:

tpt946 (2009-10-23)

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    It will work. I have the same arrangement and was able to add the $9.99 unlimited web2go without any problems. Just identify a phone that web2go is compatible with and then say which line you want it on. Some people say you can't call from your iPhone because they pick up what phone you're calling from, but I don't think so. I called from my iPhone and I was fine. I said it was for a TMobile Shadow phone and had to provide an IMEI (Found one on google)- done! Good luck!
    Awesome thanks for 411. I have my back up gravity phone that I can use for IMEI number. Awesome I will try it asap. Thanks.

When the web2go plan was released, it worked but i heard that tmobile was able to prevent iphone users from accessing edge even if you were to add the epc.tmobile.com or the other ones but you can double check.

One thing to note is that "if" it does work, they give you limited amount of data (MB) for the month so make sure they dont charge you per kilobyte after your limit finishes.

One Tmobile rep told my friend that if you go beyond the data limit, the max youw ill be charged is $15 but like i said double check.

CashiPhone.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast