Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tethering in t-mobile

Default tethering in t-mobile
    So i now i have my iPhone 3G, running on 3.0 unlocked with ultrasn0w, i have a data plan, i got push notification working on t-mobile.... now i wanna tether. When i go to network settings there is no tethering option. So i flashed a t mobile .ippc file.. now there is a tethering setting but it says "setup tethering" when i press it it says contact t-mobile to setup tethering on your account. is there anyway to use my data plan t-mobile to tether? or does 3rd party programs such as PDA net work on 3.0?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What data plan are you on?
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

I just use the free application for tethering. Its called PDAnet on cydia. It works flawless! The best way to tether is with usb data cable because you dont have to modify any wireless card settings on your computer. And i get pretty good speed too.

I restored with itunes and then jailbroke with redsn0w and unlocked with ultrasn0w on 3G iphone running 3.0 FW, I tried to use the safari method - http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ne-safari.html, but then my signal goes crazy and I keep losing it and gaining it. I am on t-mobile USA with 9.99 webgo plan. Has anyone on tried a better method to tether, please share your experience, thanx