Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Issues with T-Mobile and Data Connection.

Default Issues with T-Mobile and Data Connection.
    Alright, so I just upgraded to the iPhone 3GS, and decided to give my old iPhone 3G to my girlfriend. Here's the catch, she's on tMobile with a Blackberry Plan.

With that said, I've both jailbroken and unlocked my old 3G using tools from the Dev Team. I've put the SIM card in, disabled 3G, and the service now reads "T-Mobile E". So, now under tMobile, the phone can now make/receive phone calls and text messages, as well as send data through WiFi. So far, everything has been working fine, but when I try to connect to data through tMobile, the problems arise.

I've done my research, and found three methods for connecting:
    1. Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network > APN > wap.voicestream.com
    2. Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network > APN > internet2.voicestream.com
    3. Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network > APN > epc.tmobile.com

When using all three APN's the internet works (though occasionally it will say "No Data Plan", though if I just refresh, it usually works). HOWEVER, when I have the APN enabled, the phone seems to stop working, in that I mean functions such as text messages no longer send/receive. Also, if I have an APN saved and reset the phone, the phone no longer recognizes the SIM card, and it is constantly hung up in "Searching..."

Her plan under tMobile is an unlimited Blackberry Plan.

Any help or advice? Thanks so much!!

Its issues with UltraSn0w, if thats what you used.

I've read elsewhere that "internet2.voicestream.com" would be the best bet for a tmobile blackberry plan. Does that sound right? Also, is there anyway to fix the issue? Or just wait for DevTeam to release a fix? Thanks!