Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Get Push Notification Working!!

So is there an official working 2G with 3.1? IF so, what directions did you follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dweller View Post
    Would this work with an unregistered AT&T SIM and 3.1.2?
    i don't see why not. try it. just to clarify i did use an unactivated att sim.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aPhone View Post
    i don't see why not. try it. just to clarify i did use an unactivated att sim.
    Thanks. I'll try it soon and report my results.

Does It Work With iPhone 2G

wow... sweet i'm going to try this tomorrow.
    White 3GS 16GB 3.1.2 Unlocked Currently using
    Black 3G 8GB Backup phone
    White BNIB 3GS 32GB "dust collector"

anyone got this working on a 3GS running 3.1.2? does push dramatically affect battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny788 View Post
    Does It Work With iPhone 2G
    Yes it does, any iPhone it works with an un-activated sim.

Can You Make Iphone 2G Guild Plz Does Work With iPhone 3.1.2

Default Up to date Push Info . . .
    Hello all.

I have been reading tons on the Push activation. My question is what is the most up to date info?

I have a 2g and just restored to 3.0. I have read about restore using a AT&T Sim, but I do not really want to restore again right now as I just got the phone setup as I want it and push is not that important to me - I do not use IM's.

So, do we think the dev team will make a software fix? Or, what is the status of using the procedure described at:

Push Notifications on hacktivated 2G iPhone Bram Bourgonjon

This is the procedure that changes the keychain-2.db via a code inject. I have read that it works, but allows you to recieve other users' IM's. As I said, I will not use IM, I would just like push RSS.

Thanks is advance . . .

JBreckeen.

I restored mine last night on my 3G with the option to not activate the phone in pawnage tools. Put in an old AT&T SIM then unlocked it and then powered it off and powered it on with my non AT&T SIM and the message came up saying IPhone is activated. Now push works great, I wish there was an easier way but oh well I love it. Now I have to do it on the 2G to get push on there.

EDIT: The link you provided above does not work.
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 2009-10-26 at 12:22 AM.

What Firmware Did You Use

Sorry it works now. I missed 1 step and it's working on 3.0. The Beejive doesn't work the greatest but exchange and yahoo push work great though.

Can You Make Steps To Get Push Working On iPhone 2G 3.1.2 Plz

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny788 View Post
    Can You Make Steps To Get Push Working On iPhone 2G 3.1.2 Plz
    Yes, please. A guide on how 2 get push notification's workin on a iPhone 2G. I know there is a custom made ipsw file on another site(I dunno if I can say where)...I'm not sure if it's trustworthy though so I haven't tried it.

any way of getting push notification to work without an "inactive att sim card" cuz i don't have one laying around nor know anyone with one..

Quote Originally Posted by gmrnguyen View Post
    any way of getting push notification to work without an "inactive att sim card" cuz i don't have one laying around nor know anyone with one..
    Fix for Push Notification System on Unlocked iPhone 3.0 | Redmond Pie

I have a lot of homework right now, so I can't provide you with the legit-activated files ATM, but I'm sure if you start a thread, ask around, Google, or wait until tomorrow when I'm not as busy to PM me, you'll be hooked up. I've done this on my sister's 2G, and since I lost me AT&T dummy SIM, if I ever have to restore I'll probably use it again.

You need a Unactivated ATT Sim
    Take out your T-Mobile SIM and Pop in your Unactivated ATT Sim card.
    Restore Using iTunes
    Jailbreak with redsn0w
    Go to settings and turn off your 3G!
    You should get a "Waiting for activation." message, dismiss it and Open cydia.
    Setup Cydia and all the hoopla.
    Add the Ultrasn0w source repo666.ultrasn0w.com
    Install Ultrasn0w and turn off your phone
    Remove the unactivated ATT sim and insert your T-Mobile sim
    Turn on the phone, once you receive service you should get the message. "iPhone has been activated"
    Thanks!! I just got push working on 3.1.2 on T-Mobile following these instructions except jailbreaking with blackra1n and unlocking with blacksn0w via blackra1n. At the end it just said "iPhone activated"

Any updates on a guide 2 get push notification's workin on a iPhone 2G?

Thanks!! I just got push working on 3.1.2 on T-Mobile following these instructions except jailbreaking with blackra1n and unlocking with blacksn0w via blackra1n. At the end it just said "iPhone activated"

could you please provide instructions on how to make this work using blackra1n and blacksn0w?

also could you do a backup after and still have push work?

Can Some One Make Steps To Get Push Working On iPhone 2G 3.1.2

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast