Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 167

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How to Get Push Notification Working!!

  1. #81
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    732
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

    lol nice

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by 96hondaex View Post
    Someone needs to try it with a previously activated ATT sim from an iPhone and see if it works...
    I bought my 3G iphone from a friend and it came with his ATT SIM, ofcourse it was now disactivated since he didnt use it, thats the SIM i use to Activate my phone

  3. #83
    this didn't work for me using an unactivated AT&T sim card on an iPhone 3G using the first method w/ redsn0w.

    =/

    Never received a "Waiting for Activation" or "iPhone is now activated" message.

  4. #84
    Yeah, I used 2 sim cards I got from prepaid phones, didn't work... wanted me to register with ATT. You think if I take a friend's working ATT iphone and use his sim card just for activation will that work?

  5. #85
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    732
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

    should work because its been used to activate a phone before

  6. #86
    the thing is that SIM card is still in use, it wouldn't mess with my friend's iphone if I activate his sim card on my phone right?

  7. #87
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    732
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

    shouldnt, all it needs to do is activated the phone quick, There not like blackberrys where they register to a server

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by CoasterFuelPhil View Post
    the thing is that SIM card is still in use, it wouldn't mess with my friend's iphone if I activate his sim card on my phone right?
    nope when you go in itunes don't set anything up until after your done putting your tmobile sim in,when your done and you open up itunes set it up as a new iphone 3g

  9. #89
    Default 2g unsuccessful
    I have a 2g on tmobile. i tried doing this w/ a coworkers legit activated AT&T 3g SIM from his phone. but unfortunately it still only gives you the "lets get started page"....no "waiting to activate". tried it 3 times

    am i missing something?

  10. #90
    i just did this with an unactivated ATT sim card and used pwnage tool

    when your messing with the settings with the AT sim card in on pwnage tool, uncheck activate phone

    i had some problems at first, signal kept getting lost, but i re did it, and now it works


    push notifications is great!

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by tnisatard View Post
    i just did this with an unactivated ATT sim card and used pwnage tool

    when your messing with the settings with the AT sim card in on pwnage tool, uncheck activate phone

    i had some problems at first, signal kept getting lost, but i re did it, and now it works


    push notifications is great!
    2g or 3g?

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAkD View Post
    2g or 3g?

    3G

  13. #93
    Default Extra Help
    Ok this is my complete guide on how to activate PUSH NOTIFICATION. Tested on both 2G and 3G iphone. I am currently on T-Mobile 3G, but I did it to my 2G before I sold it. I've tested it on Aim and Beejive as well.

    To begin you will need an AT&T Sim Card. It does not have to be activated, but it can be. It does not have to have been previously in an iPhone, any AT&T sim card will work (activated or not). It just needs to be an AT&T sim period.

    Next you will need to do a restore on iTunes 8.2 with the AT&T sim card in it. However, when you do the restore you need to restore with the OFFICIAL FIRMWARE that is downloaded through iTunes. Failure to do this will result in NO PUSH NOTIFICATION. By doing so, you will receive the message "waiting for phone to activate, this make take some time." Let the restore do its thing and when complete, PROCEED WITH REDSN0W'S METHOD TO JAILBREAK.

    After the jailbreaking process is done, go to your SETTINGS AND TURN OFF 3G (IF YOU ARE UNLOCKING/JAILBREAKING A 3G PHONE): 2G iphones may disregard this.

    You then proceed with ultrasn0w's unlocking process. When complete turn iPhone off, POP IN YOUR T-MOBILE SIM CARD AND TURN YOUR PHONE ON.

    **DON'T PANIC WHEN YOU TURN ON YOUR PHONE IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME IN ORDER FOR YOU TO GET RECEPTION. PLEASE BE PATIENT, IT WILL TAKE ANYWHERE FROM 1-15 MINS. MINE TOOK 5 MINS BUT MY 2G TOOK 10 AND A COUPLE OF OTHER ONES I UNLOCKED TOOK 1 MIN (FASTEST) AND 2 OF THEM TOOK 14 MINS. SO DON'T PANIC JUST BE PATIENT.

    When your phone does finally get reception, it will give you the message: "PHONE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED".

    **ALSO WHEN YOU CONNECT TO YOUR ITUNES DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT RESTORE TO BACK UP. INSTEAD SET UP PHONE AS A NEW ONE.

    ONCE COMPLETE DOWNLOAD MESSENGER OF CHOICE AND TEST. Hopefully this is a well detailed write up to where most questions i have read are answered.


    ** ALL CREDIT GOES TO DEV TEAM AND THE USER THAT STARTED THIS THREAD. I JUST TOOK WHAT HE WROTE AND PUT IN DETAILS.


    ** I AM ON A PC AND USED REDSN0W FOR JAILBREAK AND ULTRASN0W FOR UNLOCKING. HAVE NOT TRIED WITH ANY OTHER TOOLS.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to mister kato For This Useful Post:

    JA.3 (2009-07-04)

  15. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by mister kato View Post
    Ok this is my complete guide on how to activate PUSH NOTIFICATION. Tested on both 2G and 3G iphone. I am currently on T-Mobile 3G, but I did it to my 2G before I sold it. I've tested it on Aim and Beejive as well.

    To begin you will need an AT&T Sim Card. It does not have to be activated, but it can be. It does not have to have been previously in an iPhone, any AT&T sim card will work (activated or not). It just needs to be an AT&T sim period.

    Next you will need to do a restore on iTunes 8.2 with the AT&T sim card in it. However, when you do the restore you need to restore with the OFFICIAL FIRMWARE that is downloaded through iTunes. Failure to do this will result in NO PUSH NOTIFICATION. By doing so, you will receive the message "waiting for phone to activate, this make take some time." Let the restore do its thing and when complete, PROCEED WITH REDSN0W'S METHOD TO JAILBREAK.

    After the jailbreaking process is done, go to your SETTINGS AND TURN OFF 3G (IF YOU ARE UNLOCKING/JAILBREAKING A 3G PHONE): 2G iphones may disregard this.

    You then proceed with ultrasn0w's unlocking process. When complete turn iPhone off, POP IN YOUR T-MOBILE SIM CARD AND TURN YOUR PHONE ON.

    **DON'T PANIC WHEN YOU TURN ON YOUR PHONE IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME IN ORDER FOR YOU TO GET RECEPTION. PLEASE BE PATIENT, IT WILL TAKE ANYWHERE FROM 1-15 MINS. MINE TOOK 5 MINS BUT MY 2G TOOK 10 AND A COUPLE OF OTHER ONES I UNLOCKED TOOK 1 MIN (FASTEST) AND 2 OF THEM TOOK 14 MINS. SO DON'T PANIC JUST BE PATIENT.

    When your phone does finally get reception, it will give you the message: "PHONE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED".

    **ALSO WHEN YOU CONNECT TO YOUR ITUNES DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT RESTORE TO BACK UP. INSTEAD SET UP PHONE AS A NEW ONE.

    ONCE COMPLETE DOWNLOAD MESSENGER OF CHOICE AND TEST. Hopefully this is a well detailed write up to where most questions i have read are answered.


    ** ALL CREDIT GOES TO DEV TEAM AND THE USER THAT STARTED THIS THREAD. I JUST TOOK WHAT HE WROTE AND PUT IN DETAILS.


    ** I AM ON A PC AND USED REDSN0W FOR JAILBREAK AND ULTRASN0W FOR UNLOCKING. HAVE NOT TRIED WITH ANY OTHER TOOLS.
    i have followed this process more than 6 times.... below are the details:
    i have 3g iphone and mac 10.5.7..
    i inserted my atm card in my iphone and option+restored to 3.0 from itunes 8.2, it went well except one thing it didn't activate my phone... it says that the sim card you have put inside is PIN locked pls unlock the pin or put another sim card... pls infm me what should i do and what i am doing wrong....

  16. #95
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, Tx
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 22 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cuty_kamu View Post
    i have followed this process more than 6 times.... below are the details:
    i have 3g iphone and mac 10.5.7..
    i inserted my atm card in my iphone and option+restored to 3.0 from itunes 8.2, it went well except one thing it didn't activate my phone... it says that the sim card you have put inside is PIN locked pls unlock the pin or put another sim card... pls infm me what should i do and what i am doing wrong....
    You need to put that sim back into the phone it came from or any other phone and remove the sim password it has then try it again in the iPhone.

  17. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by mister kato View Post
    Ok this is my complete guide on how to activate PUSH NOTIFICATION. Tested on both 2G and 3G iphone. I am currently on T-Mobile 3G, but I did it to my 2G before I sold it. I've tested it on Aim and Beejive as well.

    To begin you will need an AT&T Sim Card. It does not have to be activated, but it can be. It does not have to have been previously in an iPhone, any AT&T sim card will work (activated or not). It just needs to be an AT&T sim period.

    Next you will need to do a restore on iTunes 8.2 with the AT&T sim card in it. However, when you do the restore you need to restore with the OFFICIAL FIRMWARE that is downloaded through iTunes. Failure to do this will result in NO PUSH NOTIFICATION. By doing so, you will receive the message "waiting for phone to activate, this make take some time." Let the restore do its thing and when complete, PROCEED WITH REDSN0W'S METHOD TO JAILBREAK.

    After the jailbreaking process is done, go to your SETTINGS AND TURN OFF 3G (IF YOU ARE UNLOCKING/JAILBREAKING A 3G PHONE): 2G iphones may disregard this.

    You then proceed with ultrasn0w's unlocking process. When complete turn iPhone off, POP IN YOUR T-MOBILE SIM CARD AND TURN YOUR PHONE ON.

    **DON'T PANIC WHEN YOU TURN ON YOUR PHONE IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME IN ORDER FOR YOU TO GET RECEPTION. PLEASE BE PATIENT, IT WILL TAKE ANYWHERE FROM 1-15 MINS. MINE TOOK 5 MINS BUT MY 2G TOOK 10 AND A COUPLE OF OTHER ONES I UNLOCKED TOOK 1 MIN (FASTEST) AND 2 OF THEM TOOK 14 MINS. SO DON'T PANIC JUST BE PATIENT.

    When your phone does finally get reception, it will give you the message: "PHONE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED".

    **ALSO WHEN YOU CONNECT TO YOUR ITUNES DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT RESTORE TO BACK UP. INSTEAD SET UP PHONE AS A NEW ONE.

    ONCE COMPLETE DOWNLOAD MESSENGER OF CHOICE AND TEST. Hopefully this is a well detailed write up to where most questions i have read are answered.


    ** ALL CREDIT GOES TO DEV TEAM AND THE USER THAT STARTED THIS THREAD. I JUST TOOK WHAT HE WROTE AND PUT IN DETAILS.


    ** I AM ON A PC AND USED REDSN0W FOR JAILBREAK AND ULTRASN0W FOR UNLOCKING. HAVE NOT TRIED WITH ANY OTHER TOOLS.
    Ok, so just to be clear, on my 2g, after jailbreaking. I restore the phone as new, then run ultrasnow to unlock, right?
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

    J.D.

  18. #97
    can you pls infm me how to remove the sim pin? can i put this sim card in any other phone such as nokia or whatsoever and than try to remove the sim pin?

    i checked the at&t sim settings in my phone and i found out that sim pin settings is switched OFF...
    do i have to switch it ON or change some other settings?
    Last edited by cuty_kamu; 2009-07-04 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #98
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Pasadena, Tx
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 22 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cuty_kamu View Post
    can you pls infm me how to remove the sim pin? can i put this sim card in any other phone such as nokia or whatsoever and than try to remove the sim pin?

    i checked the at&t sim settings in my phone and i found out that sim pin settings is switched OFF...
    do i have to switch it ON or change some other settings?
    That sim is locked with a password. Where did you get it? The previous owner will know the password.

  20. #99
    yes that sim was locked with a password, i tried to guess the password and luckily i was correct... so what i did is i turned ON sim application with the password and it did turn ON and later again i turned OFF again with the same password and it did work out...
    but my point is when i first checked the settings of sim pin in my phone it showed that the settings r switched OFF so why when i am trying to activate the phone it is saying that sim pin is locked?

  21. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by mister kato View Post
    Ok this is my complete guide on how to activate PUSH NOTIFICATION. Tested on both 2G and 3G iphone. I am currently on T-Mobile 3G, but I did it to my 2G before I sold it. I've tested it on Aim and Beejive as well.

    To begin you will need an AT&T Sim Card. It does not have to be activated, but it can be. It does not have to have been previously in an iPhone, any AT&T sim card will work (activated or not). It just needs to be an AT&T sim period.

    Next you will need to do a restore on iTunes 8.2 with the AT&T sim card in it. However, when you do the restore you need to restore with the OFFICIAL FIRMWARE that is downloaded through iTunes. Failure to do this will result in NO PUSH NOTIFICATION. By doing so, you will receive the message "waiting for phone to activate, this make take some time." Let the restore do its thing and when complete, PROCEED WITH REDSN0W'S METHOD TO JAILBREAK.

    After the jailbreaking process is done, go to your SETTINGS AND TURN OFF 3G (IF YOU ARE UNLOCKING/JAILBREAKING A 3G PHONE): 2G iphones may disregard this.

    You then proceed with ultrasn0w's unlocking process. When complete turn iPhone off, POP IN YOUR T-MOBILE SIM CARD AND TURN YOUR PHONE ON.

    **DON'T PANIC WHEN YOU TURN ON YOUR PHONE IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME IN ORDER FOR YOU TO GET RECEPTION. PLEASE BE PATIENT, IT WILL TAKE ANYWHERE FROM 1-15 MINS. MINE TOOK 5 MINS BUT MY 2G TOOK 10 AND A COUPLE OF OTHER ONES I UNLOCKED TOOK 1 MIN (FASTEST) AND 2 OF THEM TOOK 14 MINS. SO DON'T PANIC JUST BE PATIENT.

    When your phone does finally get reception, it will give you the message: "PHONE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED".

    **ALSO WHEN YOU CONNECT TO YOUR ITUNES DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT RESTORE TO BACK UP. INSTEAD SET UP PHONE AS A NEW ONE.

    ONCE COMPLETE DOWNLOAD MESSENGER OF CHOICE AND TEST. Hopefully this is a well detailed write up to where most questions i have read are answered.


    ** ALL CREDIT GOES TO DEV TEAM AND THE USER THAT STARTED THIS THREAD. I JUST TOOK WHAT HE WROTE AND PUT IN DETAILS.


    ** I AM ON A PC AND USED REDSN0W FOR JAILBREAK AND ULTRASN0W FOR UNLOCKING. HAVE NOT TRIED WITH ANY OTHER TOOLS.
    I'm calling BS on this working for the 2G. I used a deactivated ATT sim. First, I never got a message that said "waiting for phone to activate, this make take some time." Then after installing and rebooting and inserting my tmobile sim, I never got a message that said "PHONE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED". I installed BeejiveIM and it says push was enabled, but it never worked. Tried 3 times, each time nada. This doesn't work on a 2G, or at least it doesn't work with a non activated ATT sim as previously stated.
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

    J.D.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •