Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Get Push Notification Working!!

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by persichini View Post
    I would also like to know

What way did you try?
    i tried the first method used by the thread starter by restoring my 3g since i already unlocked it without doing this trick. So i gave it a try but not working for me. On the other hand my youtube works after the restore . BTw for the ppl that have push can yall tell me if the push will work even if u dont have data plan, web to go and tzone? is because i have none of that and if push doesnt work if i dont have ny of that its pretty useless i rather get my aim thru sms.
     Think Different

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aziatiklover For This Useful Post:

oo3 (2009-06-24)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon72 View Post
    I used Pwnage tool what I did to enable Push is to pop in the ATT sim and go to Setting > General > Reset and click on reset all settings while the ATT sim inserted.

after the iphone reboot you will see the "Notifications Option" in settings make sure you install AIM or BeejiveIM install for testing.

Did you activate with Pwnage tool setup? Did you install ultrasn0w before or after the settings reset?

I got mine working following these steps. Restore with iTunes using a blank AT&T sim. Jailbreak with redsnow, install ultrasnow, turn off phone and switched to tmobile sim, dowloaded beejiveim to test it and it works.

If you are going to try and help please be specific / restore using iTunes... OK using the custom firmware or the retail from apple.

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "working" since I have T-mobile and the Notifications settings are ON, but they're still not showing up. My phone is already unlocked and jailbroken though, with a custom restore since redsn0w isn't working for me for some reason, and I don't have a ATT sim card on me either.Is my phone just being gay, or is this the mistake that you're fixing here?

If I restored with iTunes and used redsnow to jailbreak wouldn't that tell you I wasn't using a custom firmware?
    1. Insert AT&T sim card
    2. Restore with iTunes using apple original firmware
    3. Jailbreak using redsnow and check cydia but not icy otherwise you will get an error in cydia.
    4. Turn off 3g, connect to wifi and follow steps to install ultrasn0w
    5. Once ultra is installed, turn off phone, remove AT&T sim, insert tmobile sim and boot iPhone. Install aim or beejiveim to test.

Thanks

Push notifications require a data plan or WiFi, right?
    Last edited by Dweller; 2009-06-25 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yahoowizard View Post
    Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "working" since I have T-mobile and the Notifications settings are ON, but they're still not showing up. My phone is already unlocked and jailbroken though, with a custom restore since redsn0w isn't working for me for some reason, and I don't have a ATT sim card on me either.Is my phone just being gay, or is this the mistake that you're fixing here?

I believe until someone finds a workaround a att sim is needed. I had mine jailbroken and unlocked with just my tmobile sim and it wasn't working so those are the steps I took to fix it. I got a blank AT&T sim by just asking for one at my local store.

I restored my phone with the AT&T sim my 3GS came with to Stock firmware from AT&T redsn0wed it connected it to a wifi spot installed ultrasn0w, turned the phone off switched to the T-Mobile USA sim. Turned the phone back on connected it to iTunes restored from a back up from earlier.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manny0 View Post
    I restored my phone with the AT&T sim my 3GS came with to Stock firmware from AT&T redsn0wed it connected it to a wifi spot installed ultrasn0w, turned the phone off switched to the T-Mobile USA sim. Turned the phone back on connected it to iTunes restored from a back up from earlier.
    u jailbroked your 3gs and unlock it too? how is that possible?
     Think Different

Interestingly I have push on my unlocked 3G running on T Mobile but there's a catch. When I put in MMS settings, the signal starts going in and out. The second I remove them the signal stabilizes. Seeing as I dont MMS that much nor do my friends, I think Push is worth it.
    Last edited by Zaied; 2009-06-25 at 04:13 AM.

Not Working for me at all!

i want to try this but the only sim cards laying around is activated ones would it work or not still?

i can confirm this does work,i did it with my mothers activated sim works great,but i thought you could reply to push outside of beejive?only view it?
    Last edited by rud3bwoy; 2009-06-25 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Someone in a separate thread downloaded Tap Tap Revenge 2. As soon as you open it, it will ask you if you want to enable Push. Select Yes. Problem solved. A lot easier than this way, IMO.

That did not work for me at all,i tried the tap tap method and did not work,then used the atnt sim card method and it worked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
    That did not work for me at all,i tried the tap tap method and did not work,then used the atnt sim card method and it worked.
    Well, I guess it works for some of us. I would suggest trying this first though. It's less time consuming.

i got it working after installing TAP TAP revolution. =)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Someone in a separate thread downloaded Tap Tap Revenge 2. As soon as you open it, it will ask you if you want to enable Push. Select Yes. Problem solved. A lot easier than this way, IMO.
    Enabling it does nothing if your device is not activated via AT&T sim first. I have 3 Push Notification apps installed. All asked to send notifications. Enabled each, but no notifications would show until I followed the process in the 1st step, once my device said Activated, tested BeeJive IM, and Notifications are pulling through.

I used my AT&T Sim that came with my 3G that is currently inactive.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Do you have MMS working concurrently? I have push on T Mob but the second I put in MMS settings the signal goes wonky.

Even without MMS settings sometimes I have to reboot 2-3 times before the signal stabilizes.

Thanks

Gah, I hope somebody comes up with a hack to enable this without reunlocking. I have an unactivated AT&T SIM, just would rather not go through the process of restoring...

Would a backup in iTunes, then doing this and then restoring the iTunes backup lose no data (besides media files)?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast