Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How is your MMS picture resolution?

i updated my carrier file with the one you linked me to earlier...i examined the carrier.plist file and it has the following:

<key>UAProf</key>
    <string>http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf</string>
    <key>UserAgent</key>
    <string>SonyEricssonW800i/R1L</string>

is this correct? it's different from the edit listed in this post...should i keep this setting or change it to the other one?

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    i updated my carrier file with the one you linked me to earlier...i examined the carrier.plist file and it has the following:

<key>UAProf</key>
    <key>UserAgent</key>

is this correct? it's different from the edit listed in this post...should i keep this setting or change it to the other one?
    It's correct. Sony Ericsson masking seems to work best. UAProf is ignored by T-Mobile.
    Try sending/receiving SMS.

For comments about my IPCC files, use my thread. I am going to unsubscribe from this one since I get confused.
    Last edited by SpookyET; 2009-07-01 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    It's correct. Sony Ericsson masking seems to work best. UAProf is ignored by T-Mobile.
    Try sending/receiving SMS.

For comments about my IPCC files, use my thread. I am going to unsubscribe from this one since I get confused.
    I'm trying to push everyone towards the SpookyET files. What I had was working for me but it was really just a bunch of stuff I had hacked together trying to work the User Agent stuff out.

Man, this thread is super confusing. I just want to say props to the people who figured all of this out because apparently you have (not that I can figure out how to enjoy it). I got MMS working for a little bit but then I futzed with a setting and broke it. I'll look in to fixing it once I figure out what an IPCC is....thanks again guys for figuring all of this stuff out and overcoming the "hardware limitation" of the iPhone 2g.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmccool View Post
    Man, this thread is super confusing. I just want to say props to the people who figured all of this out because apparently you have (not that I can figure out how to enjoy it). I got MMS working for a little bit but then I futzed with a setting and broke it. I'll look in to fixing it once I figure out what an IPCC is....thanks again guys for figuring all of this stuff out and overcoming the "hardware limitation" of the iPhone 2g.
    If you download the files from this thread just unzip and follow the instructions in the README. It's as simple as copying and pasting a command, and then clicking a button. Hard to go wrong.

This was more the "figure it out thread" for the Image Quality Issues. Now that I've got that figured out I'm going to offer my official ipcc endorsement to SpookyET.
    Last edited by ironicirony; 2009-07-01 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Because I can't spell...

Quote Originally Posted by ironicirony View Post
    Have you tried an IPCC from this thread?

As far as the MMSC and Proxy... it's working fine for two phones here and apparently many others. The internet3.voicestream APN... you should be able to set that manually in the Settings.
    I posted this in the MMS thread, but I wasn't able to get my MMS working properly until I changed the port on the plist from 80 to 8080. It would try to send for 2 or 3 minutes and fail, but the message would end up going through.

I also changed the MMSC to http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

if anyone needs software to edit plists in windows go Here. I used WinSCP to get to it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemony Vengeance For This Useful Post:

danextbanks (2009-07-01)

Quote Originally Posted by czzzla View Post
    I am trying to edit the carrier.plist by using PropertyList Editor and it seems that I can't save the changes...can anyone help me thanks.... :'(
    u dont have to edit the carrier.plist just replace it with the one in the payload folder

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lemony Vengeance View Post

if anyone needs software to edit plists in windows go Here. I used WinSCP to get to it.
    i used wordpad to edit plists

This is how I got my MMS to work perfectly, I now receive perfect quality pictures. I'm on T-mobile US iPhone 2G FW 3.0

ssh to: /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle
    you will find there a file called "carrier.plist" (rename the original for backup) replace it with this file 2shared - download carrier.plist
    reboot ur iphone (hold both power and home button for a few seconds)
    and you are good to go!

PS - This is only for those that have figured out how to send and receive, but receive poor quality pictures.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to izbitu For This Useful Post:

CrAkD (2009-07-03), farfel (2009-07-23), gastonm (2009-07-02), gthmcty1 (2009-07-02), infamous12550 (2009-07-19), playboii (2009-07-02), ryanean (2009-07-22), xxbenbenxx (2009-07-20)

iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by izbitu View Post
    This is how I got my MMS to work perfectly, I now receive perfect quality pictures. I'm on T-mobile US iPhone 2G FW 3.0

you will find there a file called "carrier.plist" (rename the original for backup) replace it with this file 2shared - download carrier.plist
    and you are good to go!

PS - This is only for those that have figured out how to send and receive, but receive poor quality pictures.

PPL just do what this dude said !! IT WORKS 100% for tmobile usa.. i have done it so far for 3 phones ranging in models.. 2g to 3g... i went through all 9 pages.. this is the simplest set of instructions i have freaking seeeen im sooooo happy now THANKS EVERY 1 !!!!

and you are good to go!

i have no such directory in my phone..

i have \System\Library\Carrier Bundles but that gives me a long list of carriers and i have no idea what one i want for the carrier.plist
    Last edited by Tunerfreak; 2009-07-02 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunerfreak View Post
    i have no such directory in my phone..

i have SystemLibraryCarrier Bundles but that gives me a long list of carriers and i have no idea what one i want for the carrier.plist
    That means you've most likely never installed a custom carrier bundle, you should probably start here.

and you are good to go!

thank god for you lol I was so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by CrAkD View Post
    thank god for you lol I was so confused.
    lol, I knew there's gotta be an easier way to do this, and apparently there was

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

no matter how you turn it around, and input settings when you receive pictures they are going to look like crap, you can keep rebooting the whole day if you want. this is why i email pictures barely use swirlymms.

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    no matter how you turn it around, and input settings when you receive pictures they are going to look like crap, you can keep rebooting the whole day if you want. this is why i email pictures barely use swirlymms.
    who was talking about swirlymms?

who was talking about swirlymms?
    I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by that.

u dont have to edit the carrier.plist just replace it with the one in the payload folder
    Thanks for the reply. I have figured it out using the one from the payload folder and now im receiving great pix. :')

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    Awesome WORK!!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!! HACK THE PLANET!!!! Ooops, lil carried away there.

/private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/

That's what I did, I just copy and pasted the carrier.plist file contents into the one I found there.
    Does doing this fix the blurry incoming messages on the iphone. I tried pasting the files into this location but it didn't seem to work, any ideas?? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ironicirony View Post
    Code:
    		<key>UAProf</key>
    		<string>http://wap.sonyericsson.com/UAprof/W800iR101.xml</string>
    		<key>UserAgent</key>
    The result, no more thumbnail sized pics. My modified ipcc is attached.
    hi, http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf works fine with me (got 1024x768 res.) but I wanted to add this to my carrier.plist, I had though, but I made a mistake, typed UAProfURL so it did not auto filled, after ur post I found out where is the mistake, anyway I want to add this to my carrier.plist in a proper format. so is that one true? what about UserAgent tag? how should it be for Apple?

Code:
    	<key>UAProf</key>
    	<key>UserAgent</key>
    	<string>iPhoneOS/3.0</string>
    	<key>Version</key>
    	<string>1.2</string>
    thx

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast