Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unable to change voicemail button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question unable to change voicemail button
    I hope I am not the only one with this issue and someone out there has a fix. I have a 2G unlocked running 3.0 on T-mobile.

The issue I am having is that my voicemail button goes to my "T-Mobile voiemail". but I've been using youmail ever since I had a blackberry.

I have tried *5005*86*+XXXXXXXXXX# with no luck what-so-ever. Has any-one successfully changed their number from the original one being called when pressing the voicemail button?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does any-body knows how to reprogram the voicemail button to a different number using an alternative method???

I haven't verified but I think the following string in the carrier.plist would work...

<key>VoicemailPilotNumber</key>
    <string>#######</string>

EDIT: Just tried this on my phone, works fine for youmail. Don't know why I hadn't thought about this before.
    Last edited by ironicirony; 2009-07-01 at 09:43 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ironicirony For This Useful Post:

Pcpro745 (2009-07-02), symple (2009-07-02)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

THanks! was bothering me too!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironicirony View Post
    I haven't verified but I think the following string in the carrier.plist would work...

<string>#######</string>

EDIT: Just tried this on my phone, works fine for youmail. Don't know why I hadn't thought about this before.
    Thanks now my only trouble is locating the plist file in the new 3.0 OS. . .I see that the idea worked for you I can't wait to change this it's annoying.

Have you installed a custom ipcc or carrier bundle?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i installed the one from BenM.at (T-Mobile US)
    Last edited by symple; 2009-07-02 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by symple View Post
    i installed the one from BenM.at (T-Mobile US)
    I'm honestly not sure where that installs, if it's using the Carrier Settings testing method to install you should be able to get to it at /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle.

In that folder there will be a carrier.plist file that you'll need to edit. The first few lines should be XML definitions. The third or fourth line will be <dict>. Under that add the code below (where ########### = your YouMail Voicemail number).

Code:
    	<string>###########</string>
    Again, purely speculation, I haven't used any of the online generators so I'm not sure.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ironicirony For This Useful Post:

symple (2009-07-03)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironicirony View Post
    I'm honestly not sure where that installs, if it's using the Carrier Settings testing method to install you should be able to get to it at /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle.

In that folder there will be a carrier.plist file that you'll need to edit. The first few lines should be XML definitions. The third or fourth line will be <dict>. Under that add the code below (where ########### = your YouMail Voicemail number).

Code:
    	<string>###########</string>
    Again, purely speculation, I haven't used any of the online generators so I'm not sure.
    I just tried what you said about adding the line in carrier.plist; worked like a charm. Thanks again

FYI: I don't know if anyone else had this problem but I did.

I had to type my VM password in everytime i called. so using this tip above I was able to bypass that problem.

overall issue is if you dial your number or HIT VM button it will ask to input password even if security PW was disabled.

on TMOBILE, if you dial 123 it should bypass password.

so above instead of putting your phone#, put 123
    REBOOT!!!! <important>