Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS iPhone 3G 3.0 on Tmobile Working

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Could be carrier bundle issue. I actually took my friend's iPhone and ssh into her phone, copied her carrier bundle folder and replaced mine with hers. Gave me my cellular network option back. Didn't affect the rest of my phone either. Just what I did I dunno any other way or if it was just a fluke so... Yeah it wouldn't hurt to try if it's accessable to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mianlien View Post
    Hi, My Iphone 3G 16GB,FW 3.0 i unlock Ultrasn0w, jailbreak Redsn0w to , I 'm T-mobile, but I could not see the APN setting or Network celluar :
    General - network- and only Data Roaming ON or OFF, did not see any more, Please help me how to resolved it. I have download from Cydia APN editing too, and do not down load any T-Mobile logo or carrier too. What the problem ?

Thank
    I downloaded supreme preferences took care of that problem

Quote Originally Posted by mavrik101 View Post
    Okay, what I had to do to get it to work was this:

Under the cellular data network (which, by the way, will NOT show up it you're on AT&T. I know this cause I have both AT&T and T-Mobile), APN type in epc.tmobile.com

Under mms:
    APN: wap.voicestream.com

MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMSC Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080

I took these settings from Swirly (sorry swirly. I love ya still!). The pics send, but they are a huge file! like 200kb.

Swirly gives you the option to select the image size (small. med. etc.) 3.0 has the option, but I believe you have to type in the image size (480x360, etc.) I dont know what size Swirly sends, but the medium size worked for me, not the large. Anybody know the image size?

Apparently the guy I sent the first pic to can't read. He said the image was over 200 kb. I just sent another one to a friend at work (Nokia 6133), and the image is only 22kb, nad is not blurry at all. Actually really clear! I assumed since it took so long to send, it was a bigger file. Not the case apparently.

So it does work, just slow to send.
    my phone unlocked with ultrasnow and it running under 3.0, i have tried everything to get this mms working i mean i have the option on the txt to send mms but its just not sending nothing and ask to retry again. i tried yours, i tried the other inputs from other people and still nothing.

my APN under mms keeps going away after a while and i have to go in and put it back in again. is anyone else having this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Tunerfreak View Post
    my APN under mms keeps going away after a while and i have to go in and put it back in again. is anyone else having this problem?
    restart your phone after everytime you change it

Quote Originally Posted by byransays View Post
    restart your phone after everytime you change it
    i know that and i do but im just saying the setting will stay for a few days then go away out of no where

Default yo!
    I remember swirly had to come out with a package in Installer back in 1.1.3 and even now its in their settings that made tmobile recognize the iphone as another phone like a nokia. images came through like an enlarged thumbnail if the setting wasnt changed to make the network think the iphone was another phone. *if you didnt change the setttings you got blurry pics because tmobile didnt know how big or small to send them to your iphone. but if you changed the settings to a nokia or samsung it knew the correct setting and sent them in a perfect size for the iphone.* we need to figure out how to make tmobile think we have different phones if we dont end up using swirly.

.. oh as a side note I received a video from a friends samsung phone and it worked!! anyone else able to recieve video messages from other phones??

heres swirlyspace mms settings page SwirlySpace
    Last edited by oh!scars; 2009-06-27 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Tunerfreak View Post
    i know that and i do but im just saying the setting will stay for a few days then go away out of no where
    same prob here

the only way i've found to get the mms apn to stick is to change the cellular data apn to wap.voicestream.com as well. i've always used epc.tmobile.com, and i couldn't get the mms apn to stay after leaving the screen when i kept cell data apn as epc.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by y2chen View Post
    the only way i've found to get the mms apn to stick is to change the cellular data apn to wap.voicestream.com as well. i've always used epc.tmobile.com, and i couldn't get the mms apn to stay after leaving the screen when i kept cell data apn as epc.
    yup, the APN's have to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    yup, the APN's have to be the same.
    mine are different

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

works on 2g now thanks to a update on cydia....
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

I couldn't find it either but i was able to find a way.

You will need supreme preferences:

applications>Phone>turn on cellular data editing.

Now it should be under settings>network>.......

Don't forget to thank me....

You need Supreme Preferences and enable cellular data editing.

Dont forget to thank me.....
    Last edited by keepit4real; 2009-06-29 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Smile MMS on 1st Gen iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by romeo0119 View Post
    It works good on 3g iphones, I dont think it will works on 1st gen though. Thanks OP, btw if you're with tmobile why would you want to tether? Edge is damn slow
    Yes Yes Yes it will work on G2 aka 1st Gen iPhones.

If you have Cydia on your phone, search for ActivateMMS2G. Install it.

Then follow instructions here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...g-ispazio.html

Here you will find the instructions for T-mobile settings that worked for me. Get MMS & Tethering Working on iPhone OS 3.0 (T-Mobile)

It works like a charm! A little slow under edge ... but works none the less.

What shoild i put my apn at if my apn for cellular data network is hiptop.t-mobile.com because im using the sidekick data plan? Will wap.voice--- work? i would try it but i just put the settings given and it almost bricked my iphone after reboot it took 7 minutes to turn on??

Quote Originally Posted by hasteveha View Post
    No need to carrier update for mms to work
    I actually needed 'cause in my settings>general>network "cellular data network" DID NOT show up.
    I followed this link: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    downloaded the file than followed 'willryan42's instructions: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...ml#post4442231 and ta-daaa!
    Thanks willryan42!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xgus69 View Post
    Cellular Data Network is missing in my menu.. I cant find it.. and I googled around for it.. other people are having that issue as well
    Here's how I did it: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...ml#post4635231
    Last edited by Ardenex; 2009-06-30 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
     (2008) 24" iMac 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo -4GB RAM- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS 512MB of GDDR3 - 500GB HD
     iPhone 4 32GB, JB'n - iPad 16GB WiFi JB'n

Thumbs up Beautiful ...
    Having used SwirlyMMS prior to the 3.0 update, I knew Apple's excuse for not including MMS for 1st gen iPhones was absolute BS! I'm still trying to backward-engineer was this guy did to get MMS working on the 1st gen iPhones because I've ran through virtually every plist related to messaging, telephony, springboard ........ you name it! All I can say is "pure genius" that functions SO much better than SwirlyMMS.

Now, my only question is ..... why the he'll would anyone fork out all that cash to get an iPhone 3G to use on T-Mobile's network when (thanks to 3.0) my 4GB iPhone is identical to the 3G with the exception of the 3G radio and hideous plastic cover on the back?!

Now if only there was a way to front AT&T out on what was clearly an attempt to dupe the public and (poor [email protected]) who forked out more dough on an "improved" iPhone. Precisely why I stick with T-Mobile ... takes them a while to get good handsets, but they aren't in the business of screwing over their customers either!

Hey Everyone.

I went to this link and did what it said. I am using a 3G on 3.0 tmobile with the 5.99 T Zones plan.

I did what this link said and it all works so far so good! I even was able to use my phone and tether it!! Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-08 at 05:40 AM.

Please try this bundle for MMS and tethering: T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundle.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SpookyET For This Useful Post:

thehumble1 (2009-10-15)

Quote Originally Posted by jwshumakerjr View Post
    Having used SwirlyMMS prior to the 3.0 update, I knew Apple's excuse for not including MMS for 1st gen iPhones was absolute BS! I'm still trying to backward-engineer was this guy did to get MMS working on the 1st gen iPhones because I've ran through virtually every plist related to messaging, telephony, springboard ........ you name it! All I can say is "pure genius" that functions SO much better than SwirlyMMS.

Now, my only question is ..... why the he'll would anyone fork out all that cash to get an iPhone 3G to use on T-Mobile's network when (thanks to 3.0) my 4GB iPhone is identical to the 3G with the exception of the 3G radio and hideous plastic cover on the back?!

Now if only there was a way to front AT&T out on what was clearly an attempt to dupe the public and (poor [email protected]) who forked out more dough on an "improved" iPhone. Precisely why I stick with T-Mobile ... takes them a while to get good handsets, but they aren't in the business of screwing over their customers either!
    I went with the 3G after having an original for a few good reasons. 1. Better form factor (imo) The tapering is real nice, tho I too dont like the plastic.
    2. GPS! the gps is handy and the 1st iphone lacks it.
    3. Better screen. It has a warmer tint and more vivid colors, very obvious whwn compared side to side.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast