Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Push Notifications?

Default Push Notifications?
    Have any of you guys been successful on getting push notifications sent to your phone using the 2G iPhone on tmobile

Nope. I was hoping it would work too!! One of the things i was looking forward to in 3.0....
    I downloaded the AP Mobile app and nothing. The notifications setting comes up in the settings, but nothing has been pushed to me.
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile

same here...

2g iphone,tmobile usa updated to 3.0 using itunes and unlocked using redsn0w. Location feature works fine,push not working. No popup but just dont work.
    Last edited by ep3hatch03; 2009-06-20 at 06:42 PM.
    2006 Honda CBR600RR

me either. havent gotten a single notification.

how dissapointing. I thought this pdate was gonna be awesome but right now it's just mediocre

its actually really disappointing.... didn't Musclenerd say they were trying to ensure push was working before the released the Jailbreak!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yeah they said they were working on the push issue

fellaz...

I work for AP (Associated Press) and so I know about the push notifications for our product. We don't use them unless its a "Breaking Story" so as of today, we haven't sent any out. If like you, AP News is your only "pushable" app, then rest easy, we haven't sent any, so u shouldnt have gotten any..

Thanks

tested it today on AIM no push coming through

currently testing aim as well and no push is making it to the homestead.

Thanks

Would be nice if we could figure it out

Yea i have aim, tap tap, and AP mobile, and i haven't gotten anything. But it could be that apples servers are getting overloaded, which is bull.

But i really do hope that they get it fixed somehow.

no push w/ the new beejive 3.0 either

bummer

was this always a stated issue or b/c we're not on at&t

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea I was disappointed too. BeejiveIM just released their new updated app today and I was excited about Push. But it doesn't seem to be working either.

You guys know if it's an Apple thing or if it's because of Jailbroken/Unlocked iPhones?

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    Yea I was disappointed too. BeejiveIM just released their new updated app today and I was excited about Push. But it doesn't seem to be working either.

You guys know if it's an Apple thing or if it's because of Jailbroken/Unlocked iPhones?
    basically what i'm curious about, if it's a TMO/at&t/jailbroken/2g,3g,3gs or w/e issue

it sucks enough the 2g gets shafted on alot of the 3.0 features, i was just really excited about push...

how about anyone not on tmobile but on at&t but w/ a iphone 2g... on 3.0 do u get push notifications?

A buddy of mine has a 2G on AT&T and push works fine for his Beejive 3.0

I haven't gotten any notifications from Beejive.. I was REALLY looking forward to push..

I'll ask a friend with a 3G on T-Mobile if he can get push

I'll test this in a moment

Thanks

This really sucks. Is this somehow connected to AT&T? Do you think you have to use an AT&T number to receive push?

Beejive you can use email to text for push and it will give you a link to open the app... Setup push with the email of [email protected]

This is how i am working it... Hopefully real push for the rest of the apps with come to tmobile

Other jailbreaks carriers it may work!

Thanks

Does anyone know anything about this problem? Like what's being done or what's needed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast