Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Push Notifications?

I think this is a problem on "hacktivated" phones. I'm on 2G and I dont even get the "Notifications" option in Settings and I keep getting the whole "connect to itunes" prompt. From what I hear this is something the DEV team is working on but I've havent heard anything from them so I guess we'll see.

It sucks cause w/ a 2G hacktivated phone I don't have youtube, mms, and now push. Just have to be patient I suppose.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i unlock/jailbroken my 2G iphone with redsnow and im not getting any push with beejive 3.0 either :-( and im using tmobile btw

either the dev team need to fix this or somebody need to update backgrounder asap

Ive got a 3g iphone. Just unlocked it with ultrasn0w for tmobile. No push either. It's a hacktivation issue. Any phone not activated properly with AT&T isnt getting push. Hopefully the jailbreakers will get it to work.
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn that sucks. Anyone know anything? Us 2G users don't get love =[

Thanks

i have two 2G phones.. one of them is activated normally and not jailbroken. I receive push notifications fine with aim and ap mobile. However on the jailbroken unlocked ( AT&T ) phone also 2G i do not receive any notifications. It must be an issue with being unlocked.
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to danvicente For This Useful Post:

Apollo_316 (2009-06-24)

Weird, just got off the phone with my friend who has a 3G on T-Mobile USA, and he says he is getting Push Notifications.

He used RedSn0w and Ultrasn0w.

I really want push on my 2G!

What weird is that I used pwn tool on mac to update and jailbreak, I get push notif option in the setting screen and it still doesnt work. Wtf?

Follow this thread, and post your concerns. Basicly, there is a solution for 3G hacktivated, but not 2G hacktivated - yet.
    Beejive - instant messaging anywhere

Also here:
    http://thebigboss.org/2009/06/23/sol...gnal-dropping/

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys,

I've gotten Push Notifications to work with my 2G unlocked with T-Mobile.
    It was by accident actually. I still have my old AT&T SIM that's no longer active.

I restored my iPhone with my AT&T SIM inside.. let it do its thing. It says it's trying to activate. I then installed BeejiveIM and set it up. It asks if I want to enable Push Notifications, I clicked OK. I tested it and Sent myself an IM, and it worked.

Then I Jailbroke it and tested it again after the Jailbreak. It still works.

Maybe this will help you guys out. One thing I know WILL NOT WORK is using another AT&T SIM from someone that doesn't use an iPhone. iTunes will ask you to modify their account and remove any discounts or anything they have. I guess the only way is to use an AT&T SIM that's not active, or use someone's AT&T SIM that is an iPhone user.

Good Luck

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DayumQuitPlayin For This Useful Post:

Blochead21 (2009-06-30)

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    Hey guys,

I've gotten Push Notifications to work with my 2G unlocked with T-Mobile.
    It was by accident actually. I still have my old AT&T SIM that's no longer active.

I restored my iPhone with my AT&T SIM inside.. let it do its thing. It says it's trying to activate. I then installed BeejiveIM and set it up. It asks if I want to enable Push Notifications, I clicked OK. I tested it and Sent myself an IM, and it worked.

Then I Jailbroke it and tested it again after the Jailbreak. It still works.

Maybe this will help you guys out. One thing I know WILL NOT WORK is using another AT&T SIM from someone that doesn't use an iPhone. iTunes will ask you to modify their account and remove any discounts or anything they have. I guess the only way is to use an AT&T SIM that's not active, or use someone's AT&T SIM that is an iPhone user.

Good Luck
    I tried this and it didnt work at all.

EDIT: Never mind you have to restore and create a new user on the phone and not use any existing phone back-up.

I am syncing everything now!!

Thanks for the Help!
    Last edited by Blochead21; 2009-06-30 at 12:49 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12