Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 GM working on my 2g iphone beatifully!

Default 3.0 GM working on my 2g iphone beatifully!
    Just letting all my 2g t-mobile users that i currently have 3.0 GM working on my iphone unlocked with t-mobile. It sync's with itunes perfectly and allows me full access to the phone. The only thing missing is the jailbreak so i gotta stick with factory apps until dev team hooks it up. I must say the landscape texting is quite nice. So, just in case you were curious about 3.0 GM....it can be done.

did you use a custom build firmware then?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

No...official iphone firmware

And also are you registered with a developer?

Negative

so your unlock from 2.2.1 stayed then? im a little confused on how the unlock worked for you. i know you dont have to be a dev though

There is a beautiful tutorial online that i followed that allowed me to update to 3.0 GM and keep my unlock and grant me access to my complete phone. Also, it gives me the ability to downgrade back to 2.2.1 if i wanted to. I would post the site but due to site rules i cannot...but a PM is another thing. The only problem i have at this moment with it is my youtube is not working but there is supposed to be a fix for it but i havent found it yet.

youtube not working? sounds like the 1.1.x days.....as a matter of fact ill think ill post that in the other "you know your old school if..." thread.

im not too interested yet. ill wait for the final version to come out. but if you could PM me that link it would be appreciated just for reference. and congrats btw

Thanks
    oh I forgot to ask.. is MMS working?

Remember......MMS is only for the 3G and the new 3GS. It does not apply to the 2g iphone. Also, since there is no jailbreak yet you cannot install swirlyMMS to the phone yet. Also, as far as compatibility goes, i'm not sure it's ready yet.

Thanks
    I'm honestly having a hard time believing that there is a hardware limitation in place that restricts the 2G from sending MMS. I'm confident that if it doesn't already exist, somebody will create a hack to allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by mooinakan View Post
    I'm honestly having a hard time believing that there is a hardware limitation in place that restricts the 2G from sending MMS. I'm confident that if it doesn't already exist, somebody will create a hack to allow it.
    Thats why they made SwirlyMMS. :/

To accomplish this, here's what you need:

itunes 8.1.1 or 8.0 installed
    iphone 3.0 GM firmware

for windows:
    iphone firmware 2.0.2
    quickpwn rc3
    itunes 8.2.10 setup (changes were made between .10 and .23, .10 allows you to change .ipcc)
    bl39.bin
    bl46.bin

back up your phone.
    from fw 2.2.1, under itunes 8.1.1 or 8.0, put your phone into DFU mode and downgrade your firmware to 2.0.2 using shift-restore.
    run quickpwn rc3, locate the 2.0.2 firmware and the bootloaders when prompted. DO NOT install cydia, installer or boot logos, ONLY check unlock iphone.
    let itunes detect the phone. set up as a new phone, do not restore from backup.
    install itunes 8.2.10. don't install from automatic update, find a website that has 8.2.10 and verify the version number in the lower right hand corner of the setup window.
    install 3.0 from itunes using shift-update (NOT shift-restore, you've been warned)

credit goes to some guy named vinay from the ihackintosh webpage. everything you need is on his site, including these instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by eserfeliz View Post
    To accomplish this, here's what you need:

itunes 8.1.1 or 8.0 installed
    What about iTunes 8.1? Won't that work? If not, where can I download 8.1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus08 View Post
    What about iTunes 8.1? Won't that work? If not, where can I download 8.1.1?
    I don't see why not; I didn't try it, but give it a whirl.

how do you restore your backup then?

Banned
    Thanks
    I see that there are 2 different 3.0 firmwares. One is the beta version which is jailbroken and has MMS and the other is the official version without the jailbrak or MMS. Why not eun with the beta until the official version get jailbroken?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i got 3.0 Final working on my iphone too, Works nice did it last night

Quote Originally Posted by terrorgen View Post
    how do you restore your backup then?
    you right click on the iphone icon and select "Restore from backup"

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

so mms works on 3.0 for a 1st gen iphone?
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx