Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Data Plan Question??? Need Help!!

Default Data Plan Question??? Need Help!!
    I have a new 3G, 16GB iphone with 2.2.1 software and 02.30.03 firmware. it is unlocked with a turbo sim card and my provider is obviously Tmobile. I connect through internet with wireless but I am getting sick of not having internet all the time so I want to add a Data Plan to my Tmobile account.

Considering you cant get Tzone anymore for cheap what are my options? What is the cheapest data plan I can get with Tmobile so I have permanent internet on my Iphone? Is it the sidekick or blackberry data plan or something else. Some of the plans are around $25 and I honestly do not want to pay that much. Which phone should I tell Tmobile I have so I can get the cheapest data plan possible? Thanks!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

We have talked about this, the days of $4.99 and $5.99 are long gone. They have figured it out. People that originally had this service have been grandfathered in sort of.
    There is no cheap T-MO internet service any more. But it is still cheaper then most carriers. You get what you pay for.
    My suggestion is to call T-Mo, explain what you want, be honest about what phone you have and they will set you up with a plan accordingly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2009-06-12)

Wait so I call Tmobile and tell them I have an Iphone and I want internet? Your supposed to tell them you have an Iphone?

Thanks

Yup, they know what kind of phone your using because of the imei.
    You can run, but you can't hide, lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2009-06-12)

Lol as long as when I call and say I have an Iphone they dont shut down my plan or anything or I dont get in any trouble ill do it. I didn't know they were okay with that.

I was just hoping someone with this same situation could help me out and tell me exactly what plan to get instead of me having to call Tmobile and talk to them about my Iphone. If thats not possible Ill obviously call them, but I was hoping to avoid that.
    Last edited by tjlamro; 2009-06-12 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

T-Mo doesn't care what phone you use. Many iPhone users have spoken to them about problems and even settings to help them out for MMS and APN problems. They even have "smart phone help".
    I have spoke to them on several occasions myself. No worries my friend.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2009-06-12)

Just got off the phone with me. They said there were two options. The web2go for 9.99 or the huge blackberry type data plan for $25 a month. THey told me with the iphone I could ONLY get the $25 a month data plan. Is this true? I don't have enough cash to pay 25 each month. Is that really the only option or are there ways around it to get a cheaper option? Thanks!

Thanks

yup, I just spoke to them also.
    They made some changes last month and this is the only package available now if you are a new user to the data plan.
    The days of $4.99 are gone. But, it is still cheaper than most carriers.
    Step up to the plate TJ.
    But there is a Sidekick plan for $19.99 that you might try to get on, this one still works.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2009-06-12)

25 a month isnt very cheap lol.... I was hoping there was some damn hacks to maybe get the 9.99 one and use that. Where are all the computer geniuses when you need them!!!

Thanks

I am not a master of deception, but if you told them you have a sidekick and switched phones back and forth you could possible get it for the $19.99 price,
    It is what it is, data, no data.
    Good luck buddy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2009-06-12)

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can use the $9.99 web2go service plan if you say you're activating it with a TMobile Shadow phone. They require that you submit an IMEI upon subscription though... I just googled one...

*NOTE* The IMEI they require has to be for a TMobile Shadow phone so they'll activate the plan for you...

We are sure this works? So can I just go on the Tmobile website and say I have a Tmobile Shadow and then add the web2go plan. I am a little confused about the IMEI plan. What do I have to do for this? Would I have to actually get a Shadow phone for it too work? That would be kind of difficult wouldn't it? Thanks for your help.

Thanks

If you re-read the post, they are going to check the imei to make sure you have this phone, and you don't. so it probably won't work, sorry

So basically I would have to get the Shadow phone, activate the web, and then put my sim card back into the Iphone and the web would just start working on the Iphone?

Thanks

yup, that would work.

Haha anyone know how I could get a shadow for a day and then take it back so I dont lose any money? Also is the shadow the ONLY phone this would work on or is there more?
    Last edited by tjlamro; 2009-06-15 at 05:00 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The Shadow is the only phone that TMobile will offer the web2go $9.99 plan on. You can just google a TMobile IMEI or maybe find someone selling one and just ask them the IMEI? I did a google search with "Tmobile Shadow IMEI" and found one. Then just call into 611 on your phone, tell them you want the Shadow web2go internet plan (double check it's $9.99). They'll ask for the Shadow's IMEI and then it'll be activated!!

I did this and it's quick and easy once you have an IMEI for a Shadow. I called and did this yesterday. EDGE has been working perfectly on my iphone. I have a 2g 16gb v2.2.1.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to StellaCaelum5 For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2009-06-16)

Okay so it probably wouldnt work if I went on the My-Tmobile site and changed my phone to a Shadow... and then added the web service on there. I changed my phone to the Shadow on there a few days ago and it gives me the option to add these two webs:

HotSpot
    Stay connected -- get Wi-Fi access on your laptop, phone, and select cameras and gaming devices at places you already go, including Starbucks, Borders Books and Music stores, airports such as DFW, LAX and SFO, Barnes & Noble bookstores and many more.
    Terms and conditions

T-Mobile Shadow Unlimited Web
    Stay connected when you?re on the move, with Web acces

Do you think it is a MUST that I call them in and give them my IMEI or do you think its possible I can do it online. Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You could try doing it online. It might still ask for the IMEI. I got all this information, btw, from a friend of mine who is a sales rep for TMob...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to StellaCaelum5 For This Useful Post:

tjlamro (2009-06-16)