Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking... Tmobile Sim in or out?

Default Unlocking... Tmobile Sim in or out?
    So I am having some trouble unlocking my 3.0 2g iphone, got it to jailbreak fine, but when i inserted the tmobile sim and opened quickpwn to unlock, it keeps crashing. just making sure that the unlock process calls for the tmobile sim to be inserted to begin with... anyone out there to verify, or help with my problems?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I always have my sim in when J/B,

I keep it out whenever I'm unlocking my phone. It's basically going to work if you have the sim that you want to use inside of it or no sim inside of the phone, but I've never tried anything on 3.0.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I have found that sometimes when I would J/B without the T-Mo sim in that I would get the iTunes error about the sim.

Not sure about 3.0 either.

I am fairly certain with 3.0 you need the SIM in otherwise it won't activate.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

So still no luck... I have the symptom down though... The phone goes into the wrong dfu mode, so right after i load the bootloaders into quickpwn, and it starts to tell when how to hold the home button, the two buttons, etc. some itunes/iphone process starts, and kills quickpwn. GRRRRRR

I am on a different computer, all my software up to date, but still no luck. I am using a 20 tmobile phone FTL