Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sidekick plan stop working with iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It only works with an vpn so its not reliable

Has anyone seriously considered changing the imei an iPhone to that of an old sidekick phone or something? There are programs like ZiPhone which claim to change the imei... I know this is considered illegal in some countries but I think it's okay in the USA.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cptdobson View Post
    Has anyone seriously considered changing the imei an iPhone to that of an old sidekick phone or something? There are programs like ZiPhone which claim to change the imei... I know this is considered illegal in some countries but I think it's okay in the USA.
    If this is or could be anyway possible, I would die of over excitement.

does anybody know of any free VPN on iphone?
    i was using hotspotshield with my sidekick plan but now its not working anymore

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HELPMEE View Post
    does anybody know of any free VPN on iphone?
    i was using hotspotshield with my sidekick plan but now its not working anymore
    Ditto. I think the only options now HELPMEE are Web3Go or T-Zones though.

so t-mobile blocked the use of VPN's?
    how come hotspotshield doesnt work with my WiFi then?

HELPME,... absolutely correct hotspot is not working home vpns however are! I was told by customer care this will not change (anytime soon). Keep an eye out for p1nksnow it seems like an idea! But if u find free VPN keep it to PMs

Do you know when pinksnow will be released?

so will pinksnow fix the problem, so i can my prepaid plan for the iphone?

My VPN is still working. T-Mobile I believe blocked ports, not filtering IMEI. The servers that the sidekick are not on port 80. The servers are using another port. Before you all start hammering me I want to add.

This is just me taking a stab at what is going on. SO if I am wrong please correct me. This is what it looks like to me though.

I am still looking for an app that will put my VPN connection switch on the springboard. Anyone seen this?

Has anyone got youtube to work with proxy setup with iphone? I keep getting the "youtube is not avaliable" error.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ya For some odd reason IDK Y my mail and IM+ are working with the prepaid sidekick plan IDK why i did not do anything different and if i try to go on the internet it will let me go on the mobile version of google and thats it

cocabean intersting observatio with IM+ that i will have to try out but as far as email goes its free for everone whether it run on a certain port which still has access or maybe because the protocol works for all imei (or so tmobile says)

Can you still text pm your iphone with the sidekick plan cocoabean?

Not directed to me, but youtube and texting are both working along will all my other apps using VPN. Most of my network traffic goes through the VPN. I really haven't tried each app without to see what does and soes not work. I can text regardless. I just got a text from tmobile for my refill.

Perhaps I'm missing something but it seems far simpler to change the imei than mess with VPNs and such. Any thoughts?

Has anyone changed the IMEI and been successful with the sidekick plan? The iphone will continue to access the internet over the same port which was most likely blocked by t-mobile. If t-mobile went as far to filter IMEI's I would think this would totally disable the phone on the plan, thus no texting or phone calls. Any thoughts?

I second that...

i would love to try this p1nksn0w business or at least like an update ... anyone? the site we were told to navigate to seems to never update.

I would like to add after thinking about this more.

My iphone is accessing the cellular data network to connect to the VPN server and is transferring the data to and from my phone. If the IMEI's are filtered or blocked I should not be able to access the data network, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RDL View Post
    Where are u located? I'm in Nyc and mine just stopped working. Might just be an issue with TMO .. hopefully it will b back up and running soon/. Strange thing is my mail is updating fine but can not open any pages in Safari says the server stopped responded. Hopefully it will be back up and running soon!
    im having the samething going, i can send and receive emails and in usage it shows data sending and receiving but nothing else wants to work or update so it cant be not fully working anymore.. im in nyc too

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast