Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sidekick plan stop working with iPhone?

Default VPN option is not working for me.
    I've tried using a paid vpn account on the sidekick plan and it's not working for me on my iPhone 2g firmware 3.0.

I paid 8.88 for a monthly plan through HotSpotVPN and I've not been able to set it up. I'm able to access my email on the sidekick plan, so I know that I have some internet connectivity. Perhaps the vpn ports are blocked.

If anyone would like to give the vpn a try, PM me (no later than Sept 17th '09) and I"ll give my login credentials for the vpn to you. If I can't use it, at least it will go to someone that can try.

My goal was to get it working on a pay per use VPN such as HotSpotVPN,.. and then once I know it works, I was going to set up a PPTP server on my home computer. Doesn't appear to be working on the iPhone though.

just get the unlimited web and unlimited messages for 19.99 thats what i would do if i had an individual plan. Its new service probably barely came out on t-mobile. See if you can get that plan. ya'll should try it plus the sidekick sucks.

THATS WHAT I GOT OFF T-MOBILE WEBSITE\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Stay connected when you’re on the move, with Web access, e-mail, and messaging on your phone or your T-Mobile Shadow. Our web2go services deliver effortless access to the entire Web, optimized for your phone.

It’s easier than ever to connect to the people, places and information you want when you’re mobile. Just choose the service that best fits your needs.

Unlimited Web + Unlimited Messages for phones $19.95/month*
    Get Unlimited Web access, bundled with unlimited domestic messages.

Includes:
    Unlimited Web access
    Unlimited domestic text, picture, e-mail, and instant messages
    Last edited by reywatts; 2009-08-22 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboomboom View Post
    has anyone been able to beat this
    price?
    I have, I got a Shadows IMEI Number from one of my friends, and called up saying that I had a T-Mobile Shadow and wanted to change my internet plan, they then asked for the IMEI I gave it to them and they changed my plan to the web2go unlimited, and now I use the iPhone with the web2go unlimited plan for $19.95 a month, not including what I pay for a voice plan.

Hey me and my friend were using the vpn hotspot shield and tmobile blocked vpns from being used, but my friend and some other people have come up with a working hack around, but it is still in the beta stages they call it p1nk sn0w, go to limited edition iphone.com for more info, but they are in need of a working server to traffic data thorugh, they need some help so if u can help then we can get a working sidekick plan back, just to let u know its very similar to the old tzones proxy hack

Chaingang... What APN? I used internet2 and got an imei as well and did as you say only internet2 worked and so did intertnet, maps and weather but speeds were ubearably slow I should add RSS and facebook did NOT run with that plan

in fact I tried a couple data plans to attempt to get this to work 100% however I had to pay 25 bucks on top of 30 for their base voice plan to get everything working even app store loaded but at normal edge speed so the difference from web2go and smartphone plan is gonna be speed and consistency

10 bucks is web2go unlimeted phone data
    20 bucks adds infinite messaging to web2go
    25 bucks unlimeted smartphone data
    35 bucks adds infinate messaging to smartphones

alternatively add $5 to either plan if 300 txt is all you need

for someone like me who texts only it's at least 60 monthly and 30 of that is for stupid *** voice!!

Someone give this kid a server and see what he can do!!!!

I hate VPN I'm very close to giving in and paying someone!!!!

VPN still working strong for me. I will not get into a contract or pay more than I pay with the sidekick PP plan. I continue to use my home VPN server and it runs great connects the 1st time every time, and it is fast!

ZAP: I could possibly find a server solution for the hack to pass data through. PM me with details.

Does anyone know of a app that will allow a button on the springboard to start/stop a vpn connection. This would cut out going setting and switching it on.

Thanks
    Last edited by lightyear22; 2009-08-25 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

19.99 web2go plan is no longer working for the iphone as of today for me..says i need to upgrade to a webconnect data plan which is 34.99. this sucks

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
    the web2go is great,i got it today and cut off my sk plan,the only time i got that error message to upgrade my plan is when i use any other apn other any internet2.voicestream.com

all works now
    So are all the previous Sidekick users agreeing that 'web2go' with the APN of 'internet2.voicestream.com' IS in fact the solution and that it's working flawlessly?

I want to make the change but I'm sort of hesitant, so I want to be sure other users have this up and running successfully.

If anyone who previously had the $19.99 unlimited sidekick plan could confirm this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was using internet2.voicestream.com with 19.99 web2go for 2 weeks and today i got the you need to upgrade message and nothing worked no apn no email no vpn. It said because of the device im using i needed to upgrade to a webconnect data plan which is 34.99 sorry guys if ur web2go plan hasnt stopped yet its coming very soon...

Webconnect isn't 34.99. Webconnect is $59.99 and it's for their mobile internet stick.

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default T-Mobile Twitter Reply
    Don't know if anyone saw this: Twitter / T-Mobile USA: @redct You will no longer ...
    Apparently T-Mo Tweeted to iPhone customers about the Sidekick data pla ($10 T-Zones?). Prob makes it official?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well it said something of that nature all i know is my 19.99 web2go got cut off using internet2.voicetream.com and now i have switched to the smartphone data plan for 34.99 and now the internet2.voicestream.com works again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I was going to do that but then I read the terms of service. It basically states they can still cut you off....

I must admit, my plan would still come out to be cheaper than an ATT iPhone plan.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They dont care about using a iphone as long as u have the smartphone plan. They can tell what phone ur using on the network by the imei because when i called to upgrade to smartphone plan she said let me check what imei ur using and she said your using an iphone correct? And i told her yeah and she set it all up so the 34.99 is legit the 19.99 web2go will go out for everyone if it hasnt already unless there is some worl around but i couldnt get my vpn to work and emails werent even coming througt like when the sk plan went out so idk whats going on but tmobile is catching on

Default can we use 3g with the web2go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikez87 View Post
    So are all the previous Sidekick users agreeing that 'web2go' with the APN of 'internet2.voicestream.com' IS in fact the solution and that it's working flawlessly?

I want to make the change but I'm sort of hesitant, so I want to be sure other users have this up and running successfully.

If anyone who previously had the $19.99 unlimited sidekick plan could confirm this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
    mine worked, went from 19.99 unlimited, to the web2go with the internet2 apn.. my question is tho, my carrier drops if i switch to 3g.. do i need to keep my phone on 2g for now on?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anyone else experienced the web2go not working anymore besides me?

so anyone who can beat $55.00 a month (its hard to belive i was just paying 30 for the same services plus infinite text) maybe an employee discount?

25 dollar increase is really dissappointing especially when its 5 more for a couple text messages as well (or 10 more for infinite text messages)

Whats good with the proxy like work around p1nksn0w? any recent deveopements?

I bought my tmobile plan the other day on the 10 unlimited web2go plan and returned it instantly for a full refund and just reinserted my sidekick plan sim back in...
    still has cheapest minutes and infinite text free email skype and internet radio as well sparring hotspot VPN connections (has anyone thought that maybe the hotspot servers are a little overwelmed) cause VPNs still work in fact a tech at tmobile told me that if i wanted to save the 30 bucks or so a month that VPN is my solution... not bad for customer service, the employeae himself was using an iphone on tmobile network and whipped the phone to show me (apparently he was unaware that web2go was going to be no longer working as of THAT day when he sold me the plan)

**if textplus didnt assign this retarded address and could use your phone number i would consider just paying 55 simply because its not DOUBLE what i was paying before... but 60 is double pay and edge isnt really reliable or quick...

***i hear rumors you can activate on at&ts smartphone plan (no voice) for 35 a month but that when at&t does a network upgrade on the 14th it is NOT garaunteed to work but anyone itching for a solution that is cheaper RIGHT NOW can give that a shot but i would wait it out because at&t does have iphone detecting capabilities and people NOT on the iphone plan have been contacted via sms that come September 14 they weill NEED to change plans

****also seen on here was a theory of using blackberry plan through tmobile at 30 a month or somthing but if you havent learned your lesson through sidekick and web2go... its that tmobile wants all outside phones with data plans to pay a min of $25 a month end of story.

For anyone feeling lucky on the phone w/customer care:
    As far as 24.99 data goes I dont think that you are gonna work this number any lower but the actual voiceplan... there is where i find it hard to belive that no one has been able to get a cheaper rate on a voice plan (i mean with the notion that you are NEVER going to use it) why couldnt the 'loyalty dept' at customer service just hear someone out... we DONT want voice, i mean ill pay 15 a month for a phone number with NO MINUTES (and 100 txt if they felt generous), then add 24.99 to that and if need be $10 on top of that for infinite text... i mean does this actually sound unreasonable? 15 dollars FREE we would pay for a service thats not even there (with potential to make a killing at 40c/min!?)

Making the bill $15 (no voice) + $25 (data) = 40 a month?! Perhaps instead of a petition we should try to meet them at some reasonable grounds, why would they reverse this decision you can tell by this thread how badly we all want our data back the way they see it is we are all bound to crack (unless you have already exceeded your budget when paying 30 a month like i am!)

I hear at&t does school discounts for those students out there considering converting to the dark side!
    Last edited by jonnyboomboom; 2009-08-27 at 02:17 AM.

Hey, about pinksnow it is working but they are still testing it out and looking into diffrent servers, but it coming in september so just hold tight, if you want a update check limited edition iphone.com, and go down to p1nksn0w, you may have to search it, but it should be here soon, it also makes the edge work faster 30% thats a hugh plus

so, the sidekick plan is working again with edge?

Whats the settings?

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast