Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sidekick plan stop working with iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    If AT&T does have the 450min plan plus data for $40 a month I would be very interested.

If they block a data port on this web2go plan it would affect all users and not just a select few I would think. As long as you use the internet2 apn it should work. T-Mo USA via Twitter told me that the web2go could be used with the iPhone when I complained about the price. Otherwise I'm glad to hear it's working for you.

Yeah this works with the iPhone. I've been with it for two cycles now (just rolled over to the second month today actually) and it's been working flawlessly.

However I'm not 100% clear on your last question.. the price is 19.99 (per line) and that includes unlimited web, SMS/MMS/IM etc. It should function just like the SK plan as far as usage and cost goes.

And yes of course you need a voice plan with this.

epc WILL block you and ask you upgrade to a more expensive plan. Use internet2.voicestream.com
    So your on the shadow plan and the only thing u have changed on your apn is internet2.voicestream.com?? nothing else needs to be changed? I just added this plan hope it works

Yes. I'm using the Legacy Flexpay/Post-paid bundle from Cydia and that uses the Internet2 APN for data.

Lovely

Not

Hey Guys Any luck finding a solution that works using the sidekick plan.... Mine doesnt work at all ... Any help would be helpful..thanks

Ok. I added web2go for $19.99 .. it says 100mb and unlimted texts online BUT the rep assured me I wouldnt get charged if I went over 100mb.

So for the same price as the grandfathered $19.99 sidekick plan I still have unlimited internet and data. I'm using "internet2.voicestream.com" and its working PERFECT. So far so good

Yes. I'm using the Legacy Flexpay/Post-paid bundle from Cydia and that uses the Internet2 APN for data.
    Awesome got it working on my G1 now for the iPhone. Thankk you so much and bye bye Sidekick for everrr :[

Quote Originally Posted by RDL View Post
    Ok. I added web2go for $19.99 .. it says 100mb and unlimted texts online BUT the rep assured me I wouldnt get charged if I went over 100mb.

So for the same price as the grandfathered $19.99 sidekick plan I still have unlimited internet and data. I'm using "internet2.voicestream.com" and its working PERFECT. So far so good
    im calling tmobile right now THANKS SO MUCH

So I tried calling and getting them to change it to Web2go but she said it wasn't available unless she knew what phone i was using. I didn't wanna say an iPhone because she would try to force the smart phone plan upon me. I tried to go online and change the service but web2go wasn't an option... anyone know what phones web2go are meant to be for? so maybe i can possibly do it myself online?
    Last edited by blackhaT; 2009-08-10 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by blackhaT View Post

So I tried calling and getting them to change it to Web2go but she said it wasn't available unless she knew what phone i was using. I didn't wanna say an iPhone because she would try to force the smart phone plan upon me. I tried to go online and change the service but web2go wasn't an option... anyone know what phones web2go are meant to be for? so maybe i can possibly do it myself online?
    i used my gf imie number off one of those small black berry phones and it worked

i called t-mobile and they said it was an issue in my area ad that i wasnt the 1st one to report it... So don know what to believe anymore...

the shadow is what I said.. this sucks I got it to work perfectly when i added the shadow plan to my dads number that never had anyy data plan.. but when I canceled the sidekick plan on my number and added the shadow one it is currently not working..before it was instant :[ what a headache hopefully its something simple

you can do it online. Change your phone to a dumbphone and then go over to services and change your data plan.

Or call back and just tell them you don't have the phone in front of you or haven't picked one yet.

And for me none of the changes are instant, usually making me wait until the next day.

Lovely

Not

so does anyone have a suggestion on the problem of the sidekick data plan not working??? How can i get my internet back, and does anyone know how can i get Multimedia messaging??? thnks in advance

i changed to web2go, im paying the same as my sidekick unlimited monthly plan and getting unlimited data and sms and its working perfectly!

thanks everyone for all your help!!

My change was instant. I had no issues changing it cause I had an old samsung flip on file. It was the 1st phone I had with them. Good luck! Shouldn't b too hard.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i changed to web2go, im paying the same as my sidekick unlimited monthly plan and getting unlimited data and sms and its working perfectly!

thanks everyone for all your help!!
    did u add a voice plan?

yah the change was instant, i just rebooted my phone, entered internet2.voicestream.com as the apn and it works perfectly! thanks all

It's not just SMS, you also get MMS.

And yesss all of these data plans that aren't prepaid require a voice plan. Or you can get Total Internet which is standalone data under Flexpay for $39.99.
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 2009-08-10 at 10:15 PM.

Lovely

Not

Quote Originally Posted by 3gsmorena View Post
    did u add a voice plan?
    i'm on a family plan so i had no need to

It's not just SMS, you also get MMS.
    really? how do you get MMS?
    Last edited by blackhaT; 2009-08-10 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just wanted to throw out there that I did a chat with T-Mobile, and they said there's some sort of outage in my area in Minneapolis that might be causing the data problems. I told them from the start I'm using an iPhone on the prepaid Sidekick plan, but the person I was chatting with didn't seem to care. Not hopeful, though.

I also called, and the rep said something about only being able to browse tmobile.com and cnn.com on a phone that's not a Sidekick when using that plan. Has anyone else heard that? Neither of them work for me. (I don't really know what I'm talking about, but wouldn't they have to be doing something other than just blocking port 8080 for that to work?)

Oh, and thanks for this thread. I only got to use my iPhone for a couple weeks before it died (which was awesome!) and was pulling my hair out thinking something I'd done that broke it.

Add the T-Mobile Carrier package in Cydia. It's the T-Mobile Legacy Flexpay/Postpaid The plan includes MMS, you just have to enable it.

Lovely

Not

Add the T-Mobile Carrier package in Cydia. It's the T-Mobile Legacy Flexpay/Postpaid The plan includes MMS, you just have to enable it.
    that's exactly what i'm asking how do you enable it? i've been using swirlymms but i'd be glad to rather use sms app to send/recieve mms

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast