Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Visual Voicemail on T-Mobile possible now?

Default Visual Voicemail on T-Mobile possible now?
    So, now that T-Mobile is going to be providing the iPhone for Germany, does that mean one would be able to get Visual Voicemail to work on an unlocked phone on T-mobile in the US?

Thanks
    Good question

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

No. The German network will be upgraded to work with this, but not the US one.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thats very true!!! I have to say there are things beeing Done as we speak to support iphone on T-mobile us ... Just all the legal stuff .. it will getting worked on as we discuss all this ..... because if the customer buys a rate plan t-mobile will try to work it for you.. T-mobile has a dedicated department for Unsupported devices only but i really think soon once they get the legal stuff out of the way .. you are going to see full blown support ...

yea full blown support when apple decides to switch partner and go with tmobile. Unless tmobile is offering another device with visual voicemail then we will never see it working for unlocked users in the US. They are simply not going to implement a new system catering to an unsupported device. Think logically.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foureight84 View Post
    yea full blown support when apple decides to switch partner and go with tmobile. Unless tmobile is offering another device with visual voicemail then we will never see it working for unlocked users in the US. They are simply not going to implement a new system catering to an unsupported device. Think logically.

This is true but I was talking with a regional director today and he was talking about the new google phone coming out and how the 3G network has been pushed back. I would think also Logically that these things (phone,3G,visual VM, and many other technologies) will be released almost at the same time. Cant wait to see what TMobile does to battle or 1-UP At&T. Ill probably never ditch my iphone but we are probably in for a treat on their network. By the way they also love how the iphone has the capabilities on their network. They have had an increase in service plans, which is what they really want. Phones are service bait.

BTW............why T-Mobile US is always "10 years behind" with everything??? Sad, really.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

cuz u save money. even trade off
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Last edited by dontmakemehurtu; 2010-01-26 at 05:53 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

1. No you wont see support for the VVM on our 1st gen Iphones...The second gen iphones, or 3G wont work for T-mobile at all..

2. IN the future, the VVM might work, but it would be on a third release from apple, and iphone..And T-mo would have to make the switch to 3G, as well be the same bands the Iphone, as well offer some VVM in the services...Untill then...NOPE...When will we see this...Honestly...2 years...And thats from a Good source!! T-MO Tech Dept...not tech phone support, but the Tech dept..Got a friend in a high place...

T-mo is supporting the Iphone in there Other device dept...But the thing is, their are about 3-4 really good tecs who do this....Not all of them do! It's not a requierment if you will...So i guess you have to fight to get them, or cross your fingers..

Best bet, still use this place to help, and take your time!

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    1. No ...The second gen iphones, or 3G wont work for T-mobile at all..

!
    What? you sure about that one? and isnt the 3g actually the 2nd gen iphone?