Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unbranded & Unlocked Iphone from UK

redrazr
    Question Unbranded & Unlocked Iphone from UK
    Hey everyone. I am really interested in ordering the Iphone 3G unbranded/unlocked version from Handtec. The reason why I am posting this up is, since the phone is unbranded & unlocked instead of just being unlocked & branded to At&t, would the phone work on T-Mobile with no problems? Since Handtec is located in the UK, the Iphone would have UK specs, if need be I will post a link directly to the handtec store so people can see what I am saying. Any info is greatly appreciated

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It should work fine, just keep in mind the following:
    1) You'll probably need to buy a US-compatible charger (as they probably only include the UK charger)
    2) You won't get warranty support (or even manage to get it serviced in the US by Apple) as you purchased it from a UK supplier. This is a big issue, IMO.
    3) You might also have import duties depending on the situation, that might incur some more cost on you.

If you need an unlocked iPhone that will have a one-year, US AppleCare servicable, warranty, Buy.com offers a 16GB phone right now, and it's available to buy right now (as of 5/25):
    Apple iPhone 3G 16GB Never-Locked w/Full Apple Warranty - A1241 - Buy.com

Hope this helps.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

redrazr
    Hey Genesis, thanks for your reply. I have ordered from them before, so I know the import fee will not be that much if any. The only thing they charge is shipping which is [email protected] fast lol. Actually, it would be cheaper to order from them, but they are out of stock right now. Still on the fence between ordering one or waiting to see how the G2 works.