Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMMS not working

Thanks

Default SwirlyMMS not working
    I have swirlymms installed and it seems that the only way to get the "m" to turn green is if my settings are:

MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.60:8080

And i leave everything else blank, even the APN. But i still cant send or receive anything, it will notify me if i have a message but when i go to fetch it i just get a fetch error. I have tried putting wap.voicestream.com, internet2.voicestream.com, epc.tmobile.com in the APN and when i do that the "m" immediately goes back to gray. Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

Thanks
    If the sun was made of baby back rips..... would you eat it?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i googled this and started using

mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

and keep your same proxy and apn and leave user/pass blank still
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

If you so to Swirly's web site they have all settings available there also as well as a settings wizard in Swirly itself in the settings page.

Do you have a licenses?

Is it SwirleyMMS or SwirleyMMS2?

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...wirly-mms.html

Thanks

No its a cracked version, i wasnt going to pay for a program that ive read a lot of people couldnt get to work. So i figured id try the crack and if i liked it i would purchase it, right now im real glad i didnt pay for it. Apparently as long as there is nothing in the APN the 'm' turns green, but still no luck getting it to fetch or send an MMS. I have tried every MMSC and Proxy i could find absolutely nothing works. Anyone know of any other MMS app?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it stopped working for me too. wonder if they are trying to force upgrades on people lol

i have the licensed version of the first swirly, it doesn't even fetch settings when i click on the wizard. owell

it stopped working for me too. wonder if they are trying to force upgrades on people lol

i have the licensed version of the first swirly, it doesn't even fetch settings when i click on the wizard. owell
    Last edited by smirkis; 2009-05-22 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by nicallen63 View Post
    No its a cracked version, i wasnt going to pay for a program that ive read a lot of people couldnt get to work. So i figured id try the crack and if i liked it i would purchase it, right now im real glad i didnt pay for it. Apparently as long as there is nothing in the APN the 'm' turns green, but still no luck getting it to fetch or send an MMS. I have tried every MMSC and Proxy i could find absolutely nothing works. Anyone know of any other MMS app?
    These guys are pretty smart so the hacked version will probably not work. I bet they have cut that off already.

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post

You have to upgrade from what I have seen. So yep they are forcing upgrade. Its only like $6 for the new one if your upgrading.
    Last edited by robertguero; 2009-05-22 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Looks like ill have to get a legit copy and hope that it works.

I had same issues as all of you had or have. Green M, wont send messages, it would receive msgs but would not let me see them, tried a million different settings and still would not work.

I bought the new SwirlyMMS2 and it still you not work for me. So kept searching and started noticing that the port setting, :8080, was missing on the setting on Swirlyspace.com settings page. I removed the ":8080" and it works perfect.

Some apps are just worth paying for.

Thanks

Removed my cracked version and installed a legit copy from Cydia. Now it wont fetch a demo license, man SwirlyMMS seems to be full of disappointments.

Sounds like you still dont have something set right.

the above is a link.

man these servers are slow. Either takes forever to try to update or doubles post.

OK hang on...which one did you get from Cydia? SwirleyMMS or SwirleyMMS2?
    Last edited by robertguero; 2009-05-22 at 09:32 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it used to fetch n what not. now it wont do anything. i send msg's and it goes but the person never gets it. people send me messages and i just never get them lol. fetching isn't the issue, i jus never get the msg to need to fetch it.

dookie. owell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robertguero View Post
    Sounds like you still dont have something set right.

the above is a link.

man these servers are slow. Either takes forever to try to update or doubles post.

OK hang on...which one did you get from Cydia? SwirleyMMS or SwirleyMMS2?
    I got SwirlyMMS when that didnt work i tried SwirlyMMS2 that didnt work either now im back to SwirlyMMS, which still doesnt work.

the regular SwirleyMMS from what I have read does not work on 3G phones and most of the time does not work on any phone if you did not have it before SwirleyMMS2 came out. In order to really remove the SwirleyMMS you have to "Delete MMSapp from the following directory: private/root/Library". Atleast this is the only way i could get mine to work.

Read the other post here >>>>>>>>>>>http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...rly-mms-2.html

AS I said above in other post it tells you everything you need to get it up and running. All these questions and answer is the same stuff that was asked and answered in the other post.

Thanks

Just followed all the steps in the other thread. Uninstalled, removed MMSapp, reinstalled, and still wont fetch a license.

So i just uninstalled it again and reinstalled my cracked version and now it seems to be working. No idea why but atleast it works.
    Last edited by nicallen63; 2009-05-23 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

wow lol.

i uninstalled mine, deleted everything, reinstalled and bam. everythings working. yay

Good, I was not that lucky. Tried several times and finally had to rename that file.

MIne works but only way to get the green M is to turn airport mode off then back on.. then when I go back to safari it shows me a weg2go page and I have to turn airport off and on again. Frustrating but I rarely ever use MMS so its not that big a deal.

Someone sent me a video to Swirly and I tried to play it. It loaded and all (even showed how mnay seconds the video was) but it wouldn't play. Just had a Q (quicktime) symbol in black and white on screen. Anyone know how to get videos to play in Swirly or this isn't an option?