Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone is constantly Freezing

Default iPhone is constantly Freezing
    Hello everyone, during Christmas time I bought my girlfriend a iPhone. I unlocked it and I believe it was running software 2.2 but over the past month it started to constantly freeze on her so I updated the firmware to 2.2.1 and unlocked it again. But the issue has not gone and it is freezing almost daily... Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Thanks

what type of apps does she have installed?
    any of cydia?
    is it a 8GB or 16GB iPhone?
    make sure that there is atleast 1-2GB free memory left on the iPhone, which will show in iTunes.

If the problem keeps going, maybe you should restore it again, and leave it un-jailbroken, to determin whether it is anything to do with the jailbreak or the phone itself!

I find that the more cydia apps the more my iPhone does stuff like that. I only use swirly and my phone has yet to freeze or crash. Winterboard and other apps tended to cause my phone problems. Try not using any apps off cydia for a while and see what happens.

Yeah I thought about the Cydia thing as well and since she never used it when I upgraded the firmware the one time I only unlocked it without the Jailbreak... She has a 2g 4GB.. Maybe she just had a bad app on it... I can see today how much space she was using...

Thanks

Just to make sure, before you jailbreak make sure you do a complete restore in iTunes first, so start it as a new phone, otherwise you will use memory which could cause problems to!

Alright, well just have a look to see what ones are installed, maybe have a trial and error go, uninstall some apps and see if it improves your problem or not.

Ok so I just picked it up... I has 2.02 GB of free space on it and she only has 3 apps... FML Bank of America and TV Guide... I am going to restore and unlock again right now... I will let you know how it goes..

So I finished doing it and everything went smoothly... I was just letting it sit and charge and now I just looked over at it and it is on the apple logo screen like its restarting... I held the home and power key and shut it off... but it doesnt seem that the problem has been fixed... I don't know what else I should try...
    Last edited by Brett.Olsen.18; 2009-05-13 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

hmmm, has she ever had it near any water? or has it had any time where it has been in contact with water? my iPhone apparently had water damage, and it then started restarting literally every 5 mins, i ended up giving up on it and left it for a couplea weeks turned off, then ever since it has been fine! so just be patient with it

Still not resolved. I dont believe that there is any water damage to it so I dont know what is worng. I just bought a used one off craigslist to use now, but its pretty beat up and would prefer to get this one going because it is in way bettter shape...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

sounds like a phone specific problem.

attempt a fresh restore, jailbreak/unlock option only without cydia n see how it does. if its still crappy, seems more hardware pushed then software
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4