Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weird issues with T-Zones

Default Weird issues with T-Zones
    My sister is having very strange problems with T-Zones. She originally signed up for web2go, but she got it switched to T-Zones. Now, she doesn't need an APN, and any APN you enter doesn't affect it. Everything works over edge EXCEPT refrshing sources/installing packages from Cydia. You can load the main Cydia page and all of the More Info pages, but you get the POSIX error when installing any packages.

Green Apple
    Thanks

why would you want to download something off cydia using edge anyway? it is so slow. just wait until you have wifi.

That's beyond the point. She and I are very intense users, and it was pretty annoying to not be able to download Mobile Substrate. And I use my EDGE connection more than I do Wifi, so I would really like to get it working.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it should work fine. what i noticed, is if service is only 1 bar or so, it wont download anything. it'll load web pages, cydia home page, but wont download any packges..

but usaid she doesn't have an apn, or doesn't "need" one. yes she does. go put epc.tmobile.com in her apn. everyone needs an apn except for at&t customers
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

OK, I'm getting sick of the know-it-all responses. You don't have her phone in your hand; I do. Listen to me--she DOESNT NEED AN APN. Her data works completely void of an APN typed in the network settings. Except for Cydia.