Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: lost tmobile

Default lost tmobile
    just got tmobile account unable to connect to internet can connect with wi-fi please help

You need a data package on your account and also need to set the correct APN settings in the phone.

i have the 34.99 unlimited text and internet for smart phones

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Go to settings... general... network... celluar data network. After APN type internet2.voicestream.com

If that doesn't work try epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicestream.com

thanks it's still not working tried all 3 apn

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I did this for a friend last week and he has the same plan. I used epc.tmobile.com.
    We were told by Tmo themselves that this may take a while to get the internet. Sure enough after 30 hours it popped in.
    So my suggestion would be leave the settings with epc and see what happens. You can also call Tmo and they will help you, they have an smart phone tech support and if your paying take advantage of it.
    Good luck.

Thanks for all the help I put my sim card back in original tmobile phone connected to Internet then put sim in iPhone internet works now but data roaming charges must be on is that normal?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes

Thanks jus 1 more question does anybody kno which apn setting is the fastest for Internet service

Not sure the fastest APN (I think they're all the same) but if your paying for the smartphone plan and u have problems using the internet or if its slow you can call T-Mobile and tell them and they will let you know what might be going on.

But this site is great for those answers too.

I have the sidekick plan (hiptop APN) and rarely have any issues with speed so you should be fine using epc APN.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

To be honest, at home I get tops like 32kb/s with my 2wire router. So if the unlimited data plan or the sidekick plan or even the G1 plan get around 100kb/s, I'll be more than happy.