Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g warranty questions!!!!

Default Iphone 3g warranty questions!!!!
    Whats up everyone first off I want to say thanks to everyone that helps people in this forum.

Alright I have a software unlocked/jailbroken 3g on 2.2. There are two weird black spots under the screen that I just noticed yesterday. I checked and my iphone is still under warranty. So I called Apple and told a little white lie. I told them that I just bought and iphone off of ebay in preperation for my contract to expire from t-mobile and that the seller told me about the flaws under the screen. They told me to bring it into an apple store and it will get fixed or replaced. They gave me a case number too.

Now the questions I have are:
    If I just restore back to 2.2 they wont be able to tell it was unlocked or jailbroken when I take it to the apple store, right????

If they decide that they are just going to fix it will it be returned to me on 2.2 or will they upgrade it to 2.2.1?

If they decide to replace it then the new one will most likely be have firmware 2.2.1 Does the baseband downgrade in cydia work?

Lastly Do you think this is going to work?

thank you in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

If you restore in iTunes you should have no problems.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

jgazark6969 (2009-05-06)

well thank you i think i will be fine too but i really need to know if i were to get a replacement and it had 2.2.1 if i would be alright and still be able to software unlock with the downgrade in cydia and yellowsnow. Does it work that way or would i need a sim adapter? I hope i can still software unlock????!!!!!!

Most likely you will need a sim-adaptor.