Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey 3g + looses Edge after about a day

Default Gevey 3g + looses Edge after about a day
    Hey guys,

I have the newest Gevey 3g that im using on t-mobile. I have the 5.99 Tzones plan and it works well but im just concerned if any progress has been made on resetting the edge network. About every 30 or so hours i loose the Edge symbol on my phone and i cant get it back. I need to add, I dont seem to lose reception, that aspect of the card is great its just i lose Edge and i have no idea why.

The ONLY thing that works and i repeat only thing is swapping the sim out and putting it in another t-mobile phone and going into t-zones. Thats it ...

No fiddling with settings, disabling roming etc. Nothing else works.

Im just trying to find out if anybody knows of a trick or some software that reset the sim so i dont need to carry around my old phone with me.

Any help is appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

seems like that trick works best for me only

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does this make the 19.99 data plan simpler?

I think most, if not all piggyback SIMs have this issue. I heard it has something to do with the piggyback SIM can't activate data on your service, so it has to be activated by another phone first. But mine only happens after excessive reboots or SIM removals.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I have found going to settings... general... reset... reset network settings can sometimes bring it back.

i had 1 person have this same problem... all i did was have him install bossprefs which has a edge on/off option... just turned edge off then on then re-entered the apn settings again and it worked.

edit: personally i am using the Gevey turbo sim & dont have any issues with it except once.
    Last edited by Mr. DeLeon; 2009-05-10 at 02:43 AM. Reason: added my sim info