Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Voicemail badge / phontom text

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Default Voicemail badge / phontom text
    Seems if you download app in cydia called "T-Mobile US Carrier" bundle it cures this problem. Well at least it has for me. No text after checking voice mail, and no text badge gone. woopie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -festivus2-thumb.gif  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

phasetoo (2009-04-30)

Thanx for posting, this was happening to me and it was driving me crazy. Im gonna dl that now

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Didnt work for me, I called T-mobile and had them disable my VMN. I installed the carrier bundle from Cydia, and im still getting the badge. I have no voicemails, did the airplane mode thing, and rebooted.... stupid red dot wont go away.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

This is really odd. I had this problem while I was 2.2. Then it went away after I updated to 2.2.1.

On some forums they say you should call T-Mobile to complain.
    Maybe something was patched up when I re-installed everything.
    *T*Mo**

I had the voicemail badge for a long time with no voicemail, I went to the tmobile store down the street, explained the problem to them and told them how I read this is because I need a new SIM card. I have been with tmobile for 9 yrs and my SIM card was so out dated, maybe 4 yrs old or older, they gave me a new one and the badge went away! Just recently I realized that I'm not getting a badge even when I do have new voicemails??? so get a new SIM!!

Something else I've seen occasionally help with this is just popping your SIM into an official TMo phone. Let it boot, give it a couple minutes, call into your voicemail if you want...

Talking Solved! ** found a solution ** no voicemail badge iphone tmobile

OK, I gave it a rest and gave up.. forgot about it.. missed hundreds of important messages, well good news I FIGURED IT OUT!

Sorry but it's going to take me some time to write it all up, it's not complicated but I'll get it down first thing in the morning... I'm SO tired right now. I just wanted to post this to say..

THERE IS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE MESSAGE AND IT LOOKS LIKE A RED BADGE!!

the best part is, IT GOES AWAY WHEN YOU DELETE THE MESSAGE!

I will right up the details of exactly how i did it and post it tomorrow!

Good Night

-AGNT d-_-b

Thanks

The problem was fixed a long time ago. It's all related to faulty SIM card and all it takes is a simple SIM replacement at a t-mobile store for free.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

ADP - I replaced my SIM from the store like your saying, it worked find with removing the badge & crazy txt but, the badge never came back when I got a message...EVER ??

OH! maybe was just having the problem of no badge showing with a new message because when I had the phantom text thing with a badge that wouldn’t leave, I called TM and they shut off my VM notification. ?? Yah that's probably it.

Well all I did to solve the issue (of no badge with new VM) was

1) Put my SIM in old phone, not iPhone
    2) Called myself and left message
    3) Did not get a VM notification on old phone??
    4) called t-mo and asked them to help; they said my VM notification was turned off (probably when they tried to help me get rid of the badge and phantom txt a long time ago)
    5) Called phone left message got VM notification
    6) put SIM card back into iphone and now I have working notification badge when I get a new VM..
    7) Only bad part is there is no number with the badge.. just a red badge but better than no badge

HEY if anyone known’s how to get numbers in the VM badge could you please enlighten me

Thanks!